The true cost of driving in Singapore

awhtc

Turbocharged

I also find it rather amusing that people can spend $78K (Off Peak Car) for a 1.6l Honda Civic or Toyota Altis, and occasionally buy that $20 daily coupon to drive outside the restricted hours, when they could have paid a mere $75K for a normal plate 1.6l Kia Cerato or Hyundai Avante, and save all the hassle.

Ever even seen an Audi A3 and Mercedes A Class with red plate costing a 6 figure sum.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Successful people will tell you they can have everything. house, Cars, food, travel, luxury items....blah blah blah blah

Others will tell you otherwise and blah blah blah

Everyone has their life, lives your own life and be happy......Cheers

BTW: Bro Soya say I got the highest cost in mileage. I now drive more :grin:

I also find it rather amusing that people can spend $78K (Off Peak Car) for a 1.6l Honda Civic or Toyota Altis, and occasionally buy that $20 daily coupon to drive outside the restricted hours, when they could have paid a mere $75K for a normal plate 1.6l Kia Cerato or Hyundai Avante, and save all the hassle.

Ever even seen an Audi A3 and Mercedes A Class with red plate costing a 6 figure sum.

I am one of those conti red plate drivers. I don’t drive to work as I work in the Financial centre and live on top of an MRT station just a few stops away. It is faster and more convenient for me to get on a train and into office, door to door in less than 15minutes this way. No erp, no $500 season parking and no rush hour jam.

A car is useful during the weekends with family and certain evenings. I buy a conti car I would enjoy driving, and for the luxurious interior.

Different strokes for different folks. It’s not about the dollars and cents. If not every car on the road would be a attrage/note.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

That's their 3rd car leh.

Park at home and used in case other cars are sent for servicing.

That's their 3rd car leh.

Park at home and used in case other cars are sent for servicing.

Supersonic

For me I just love making kids.

And now pay the price of maintaining them.

:D

Not love making kids, it is making love to have kids.
  • Praise 1

For me I just love making kids.

And now pay the price of maintaining them.

:D

A father was driving along the road in a Toyota Altis with his 3 young kids when a flashy Lamborghini drove past. The kids went woo and vow. The father turned to them and said Well,it was either the Lamborghini or the 3 of u......
  • Praise 10

Supersonic

Successful people will tell you they can have everything. house, Cars, food, travel, luxury items....blah blah blah blah

Others will tell you otherwise and blah blah blah

Everyone has their life, lives your own life and be happy......Cheers

BTW: Bro Soya say I got the highest cost in mileage. I now drive more :grin:

Hahahaaa....if Chris Tan use u an the financial example, his headline would read "U can save $3M if u don't drive"

A father was driving along the road in a Toyota Altis with his 3 young kids when a flashy Lamborghini drove past. The kids went woo and vow. The father turned to them and said Well,it was either the Lamborghini or the 3 of u......

I told my kids we will upgrade to a Lamborghini in the future but I still think a sedan will be more comfortable for our afterlife. Hopefully there will be no COE and ERP down there. 

post-158018-0-32343900-1562207642_thumb.jpg

Cars attract babes.  Hard truth.

Haha, I have owned a car for many years, never realised this.

• Praise 1

They want status. So they will not be wanna see driving Korean cars. It's about status and people seeing you up.

Why no one seems to factor in mods $.

Chr or vezel with extreme.mods actually cost more $ than some other car.

But the modding process is shiok

There are couple of "flaws" when you use pure numbers on cost of driving.

1. The qualitative benefits as mentioned by others such as convenience, privacy, control, even status etc has a price to it. Different people different circumstances different value. Just think dynamic pricing.

2. These cost or benefits are shared by not just the owner but also the family that benefitted from it. So spread it out if it can be done

3. Even if don't drive, one would have taken public transport. So there is still money spent on transport, which will be higher if the spent is on taxis and grab. Hence net difference between having own car is lesser

Otherwise, walking is the best. FOC

Turbocharged

Hahahaaa....if Chris Tan use u an the financial example, his headline would read "U can save $3M if u don't drive"

Bro, 

I ram hard with my frequent biz trip back and now I got 14k in 26 months liao [:p]

Supersonic

Bro,

I ram hard with my frequent biz trip back and now I got 14k in 26 months liao [:p]

Next time when u sell, ppl may tink u tampered w the odo since km so low

In your case, u hv to wind on extra mileage on the odo to minimize any suspicion....lol

• Praise 1

Bro, 

Bro to bro service: I help you to drive up the mileage.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Next time when u sell, ppl may tink u tampered w the odo since km so low

In your case, u hv to wind on extra mileage on the odo to minimize any suspicion....lol

Lucky me, Boss ask me park at office to do mileage and also lucky my colleagues also think when I sell car, they wanna take over. Haha

First time I reject OC proposal to go for Merc (normally if OC say go I go liao), this ride can enjoy for another 2 to 3 years.....I go buy a new watch last biz trip back in SG. So funny

Bro, 

You also not in SG. haha

Turbocharged

If you need or want a car, just buy if it's within your means.

No point to save and save. You only live once.

No matter how you save, Ah Gong the O'mighty will suck your money dry in a way or another.

- HDB season parking increase

- Hourly parking increase

- Satellite road pricing coming your way

- Petrol excise duty increase

Supersonic

You're not in SG? Thought you came back already.
↡ Advertisement