• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
144 replies to this topic | 839 praises

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:19 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I think the best fried chicken in Singapore for me is at Wisma lvl 5 beside the food court. It’s a Japanese karaage shop, at japan town.

I am worried they close down because dunno why not much business leh. Weird...
cashcow and car50 praised this

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my favourite will be the fried chicken sold at the malay nasi padang stalls.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any well seasoned and with minimum batter would be my choice of chicken served.
car50, Uncle2 and Carbon82 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:25 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pizza Maru.

Korean Fried chicken for the win. Original flavour.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:25 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought new kfc cereal chicken
Inlinefour and car50 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any well seasoned and with minimum batter would be my choice of chicken served.

Don't mind either.

But if u don't put enough batter, there's higher chance of the chicken drying out unless u have consistent frying time, good understanding of oil temperature and enough oil to deep fry properly.

That's why many malay stalls tend to have dryish fried chicken.

Well I'm of the fast food generation, so i do like the crispy batter as well.

car50 praised this

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My favorites:

1. Arnold's
2. Jollibee
3. Country Chicken

Good fried chicken...Non oily, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside with a light batter.
car50 and SiLangKia praised this

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:39 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Chic a boo ?

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haven’t tried it but read a lot of good reviews for their chicken. 👍🏻

Chic a boo ?

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Chic a boo ?

Yes, chic a boo my fav too, chicken is tender inside while outside is crispy enough n not so oily too..

Ben5266 praised this
BSS "From Each His Best"

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:46 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Don't mind either.

But if u don't put enough batter, there's higher chance of the chicken drying out unless u have consistent frying time, good understanding of oil temperature and enough oil to deep fry properly.
That's why many malay stalls tend to have dryish fried chicken.

Well I'm of the fast food generation, so i do like the crispy batter as well.

Also partly becos it's frozen chix. If buy from wet market will be sweet and juicy, assuming decent culinary skill.

For me currently is Texas and chic-a-boo. Latter is really value for money also.
PSP415, Tianmo, Spring and Discoburg praised this
FS

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Surprisingly, their fried Chicken Mid Joint is very good..
Not oily n minimum batter..
But a bit pricey 🙏🏻🙇‍♀️

https://whiterestaurant.com.sg/
Sunny, Uncle2, Angcheek and Jamesc praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Also partly becos it's frozen chix. If buy from wet market will be sweet and juicy, assuming decent culinary skill.

For me currently is Texas and chic-a-boo. Latter is really value for money also.

i let my mother pan fry chicken.

Haha i no maid, i don't like to fry all these things. Sibei marfan to clean up  [laugh]

That's why deep fried things, i'd rather eat outside.

Fuelsaver, Sunny and PSP415 praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my favourite will be the fried chicken sold at the malay nasi padang stalls.

Where got good ones?

I seldom eat at malay stalls because they have very iffy pricing tactics. Somehow they charge me much more than they charge their own kind. Doesn't seem fair to me.

That is all.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am a fan of Eng Kee's fried chicken wings at Commonwealth.

Used to live around there so tastebuds adjusted to that area which is tough because I now live in woodlands.

That is all.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my MIL pan fries this regularly. The batter is bit thick but actually its not bad for frozen food.

https://cpshopz.sg/c...wing-1000g.html

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Where got good ones?

I seldom eat at malay stalls because they have very iffy pricing tactics. Somehow they charge me much more than they charge their own kind. Doesn't seem fair to me.

If the practise bias pricing, the logical move is dun patronize them.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yard Bird, Jollibee and Arnold's all good.

Lala81, Sunny, Freeder and Inlinefour praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yard Bird, Jollibee and Arnold's all good.

haha first one very different price range from the latter 2.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my MIL pan fries this regularly. The batter is bit thick but actually its not bad for frozen food.

https://cpshopz.sg/c...wing-1000g.html

Hmm. If we are including frozen packed chicken that we cook at home then I swear by this one...

https://s.lazada.sg/s.fE2C

I airfry it.

Edited by Kusje, 01 July 2019 - 11:24 AM.

Lala81 praised this
That is all.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: food, chicken, best, fried

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users