Best fried chicken in singapore

Wind30

Supersonic

Thanks for supporting Chicaboo. ð

I worked there but I find Arnolds taste best....hahaha.

Mould MCFers get special discount if we quote your nick?

Supercharged

I posted about this earlier in the thread as commonwealth Drive Eng Kee. You sure you grew up there if you are describing it as Tanglin Halt? That's on the other side of the mrt track leh.

It is also one of the best fried chicken to me. I also grew up around there (moved there in pri 5) and still go back there almost every weekend for my favorite chicken rice.

This Eng Kee is at Tanglin halt 16 storey lei ... the other side is called Tanglin halt 10 storey ...

You must be pretty young hence maybe dun know that it’s called 16 storey or 10 storey la ....

Anyway , the Original owner sold off his business Long ago .... original owner is a man who had very very Long eyebrows one ..

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Mould MCFers get special discount if we quote your nick?

[laugh] If I am the boss then yes. 

Working there and owning are 2 different thing.  

"When asked about his future plans and if there will be anyone taking over the Carona recipe, Victor explained to us the challenges of being a hawker today and that it is highly unlikely that anyone wants to take over. "

No elaboration of the "challenges" but imagine it's those already discussed on MCF already. Sigh ..

Tried yesterday..

Verdict : not nice .. soggy & oily.. very diluted chilli sauce..

Those with jammed arteries pls kindly avoid

post-52390-0-04146600-1562552785_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-17131600-1562552796_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 11

Twincharged

I posted about this earlier in the thread as commonwealth Drive Eng Kee. You sure you grew up there if you are describing it as Tanglin Halt? That's on the other side of the mrt track leh.

It is also one of the best fried chicken to me. I also grew up around there (moved there in pri 5) and still go back there almost every weekend for my favorite chicken rice.

I grow up in Queesntown since 1974. I studied in Margaret Drive Primary School and New Town Secondary School. If you read my post I described this Eng Kee located at "16 Storey" side of Tanglin Halt and this side is the side you mentioned "the other side of the mrt track". 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Tried this at Ci Yuan hawker. Bery fresh and juicy.

https://m.facebook.com/wakerchicken.sg/

Just went again ytd. Those who stay near, give it a try.

These are breast fillets and I think it's not easy to make them nice by deep frying, hence am impressed. Am sure other chicken parts will be of good quality as well.post-196696-0-98811400-1562571510_thumb.jpg

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 4

OK. For @ender also, since u ate at this stall before.

This is the stall of LHL fame.

From my understanding, The original owner of this stall passed his business onto someone else 2-3 years ago and this Redhill stall continued on.

The original owner is now at West Coast fc.

Yon Yan Fried Chicken Wings

726 Clementi West Street 2, #01-191, Singapore 120726

https://goo.gl/maps/iSUjaPyWUvJSsBVs6

My mum bought this for me when I was doing chemo.

It's good hawker center chicken wing. but not something u will go long way out to buy given how widely available fast food fried chicken is available.

Just FYI

wah, this owner want to sell how many times ?? HAHA

Hypersonic

wah, this owner want to sell how many times ?? HAHA

hmm not uncommon right. the prata seller indian couple also.

Tried yesterday..

Those with jammed arteries pls kindly avoid

• Praise 5

Supercharged

if you guys like those corona style chicken rice , can go try the Da Ji Hainanese Chicken Rice stall @ 75 , lor 5 Toa Payoh . 

They only starts selling at 5 plus 6 pm hor . One of the better fried chicken wings rice these days . As there is always a queue ,  the wings are always served piping hot , straight from the fryer ... 

Cheap and good .... 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Wah ... so it's quite different from the 90's ?

Actually last time in the 90s, I already don't find Corona chicken nice then. So didn't miss it.

Turbocharged

Actually, I also describe that location as tanglin halt, passed down by my elders.

Tried yesterday..

Those with jammed arteries pls kindly avoid ðð»ð

Does not look like the Corona chicken wings I remember. These look pretty soggy.

Turbocharged

My personal fav fried chicken wing is as follows:

1) Cuscaden Patio

2) White Bee Hoon Sembawang

3) Punggol Nasi Lemak

And I especially love Malay style tumeric/kunyit chicken wings. Unfortunately, the number of Malay food stores have dwindled since the 90s. And even current Malay macik stores don’t fried the chicken wings like they used to.

• Praise 3

Frd recommended this recipe koped from the web..

He told me better than IKEA’s ..

Think will try n tweak the recipe a bit..

U all can thank me later

post-52390-0-43300600-1562593829_thumb.jpeg

post-52390-0-43989800-1562593839_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 6

Twincharged

This Eng Kee is at Tanglin halt 16 storey lei ... the other side is called Tanglin halt 10 storey ...

You must be pretty young hence maybe dun know that it’s called 16 storey or 10 storey la ....

Anyway , the Original owner sold off his business Long ago .... original owner is a man who had very very Long eyebrows one ..

So I guess this Mr. Aw left a trial is like this - Tanglin Halt (Chap Lao) to Redhill Market to West Coast (according to @lala81)

I have some Aug/2012 photos of this Mr. Aw while he was still at Redhill

D0uiMwI.jpg

jVnpdQK.jpg

P0cImRM.jpg

zDVtUi9.jpg

In Nov/2017 I went tot he Tanglin Halt stall and was given this business card

Front

NhOFbh6.jpg

z9COUnb.jpg

There was no mention of the West Coast joint at that time so I guess its a not so old.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

So I guess this Mr. Aw left a trial is like this - Tanglin Halt (Chap Lao) to Redhill Market to West Coast (according to @lala81)

D0uiMwI.jpg

jVnpdQK.jpg

P0cImRM.jpg

zDVtUi9.jpg

Front

NhOFbh6.jpg

z9COUnb.jpg

There was no mention of the West Coast joint at that time so I guess its a not so old.

Oh yon Yan owner is the originator of eng kee chicken wing? I didn't know that.

Hypersonic

D0uiMwI.jpg

jVnpdQK.jpg

P0cImRM.jpg

zDVtUi9.jpg

Front

NhOFbh6.jpg

z9COUnb.jpg

I always wanted to try the Eng Kee one, but it's out of the way, and those few times I was there to eat zi char there, the queue was too long. If the redhill is the same, then I can close case liao. Can strike off Eng Kee on my list. Just eat at red hill.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1