Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Turbocharged

Yes, his game was based primarily on his superb pace, and i remember reading that he was top scorer for the world cup equivalent for a few age groups. And of course in the real world cup, his wonder goal against argentina announced his arrival. If Beckham had kept his cool, and if England had progressed, i'm pretty sure that his reputation would have soared even higher. Ballon de Or winner at age of 22...

But when his injuries robbed him of the pace, his one-dimensional play was gone... We don't like him for quitting Pool, but his best years were over when he left at 25... In a sense, he gave his best to Pool, and came out quite battered... Not sure if it was because he was overused at a young age and thus did not have the longevity (just look at Ryan Giggs for comparison) like some others, and so found himself in the desperate situation late on...

As much as I like Rafa... but Owen didn’t exactly quit.. Rafa called Real Madrid up to sell him away.

Then again they are worry about another Steve MAC incident where they let the TOP player run down the contract.

But I am not sure if Rafa ever start a contract talk with Owen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

he's 16 ?!? fake BD lah, he looks 26 !  [laugh]

yah, 16 got beard meh? i think when i 16, dunno got cock hair or not yet also... :grin:

• Praise 2

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/11/jurgen-klopp-reveals-transfer-plans-liverpool-start-pre-season-6-0-win-tranmere-rovers-10199609/?fbclid=IwAR38RAF92doZgr7HhLIyn7USSTVh5TjkW83t2GVESk5drAVe2Ry3ShgTEew

Quite surprised clyne is still around. Given he requested to transfer out for game time half way during the season, don't think he'll want to stay to be back up to TAA bah. 
Given the large difference in their standard of play ... it's not like he can give TAA competition.

Clyne should be at his prime, quite understandable if he wants to play more.

As much as I like Rafa... but Owen didn’t exactly quit.. Rafa called Real Madrid up to sell him away.

Then again they are worry about another Steve MAC incident where they let the TOP player run down the contract.

But I am not sure if Rafa ever start a contract talk with Owen.

Guess it worked both ways lah...

- Mac stalled on signing an extension, strung the club along till final season, then said off he goes to RM (must have earned a huge sign-on bonus)

- Club stunned, scared liao -- made it clear this cannot happen again

- Owen stalled on signing an extension

- Along came Rafa. New so must be careful and obedient

- Knowing what happened to Mac, and seeing as Owen not signing is disruptive to his plans, so just wanted to end it early...

• Praise 1

Our new wonder kid. Hard to get the ball off him.

:D

first thing he needs to do is get a hair cut ...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

- Mac stalled on signing an extension, strung the club along till final season, then said off he goes to RM (must have earned a huge sign-on bonus)

- Knowing what happened to Mac, and seeing as Owen not signing is disruptive to his plans, so just wanted to end it early...

Yes it work both way. And likely Rafa don’t want to waste time telling Owen his future plan. So the only approach is sell him to real marid s. Edited by Joseph22
  • Praise 3

first thing he needs to do is get a hair cut ...

Cannot it's the divine ponytail.

All the skillful players have it.

Like Roberto Baggio.

he's 16 ?!? fake BD lah, he looks 26 ! [laugh]

I heard that's why they bought him.

He had maturity beyond his years.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

This 2 really made Sterling/Suarez/Countinho to be angels.At least got $$$$ Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

People just want to change job nia... as long as they did their job well... nuthing wrong in looking for greener pasture... some want more money... some looking for medals... eg Torres. Do you think Torres care for more money... i think he gave his best years left half expired.... help the club make 50M which is what Chelsea was going to pay for Gerrard. And the club splashed 35M on Andy Carroll... added Stuart Downing to assist Carroll but play both of them apart...

• Praise 3

Wow. That's humiliating.

Coutinho got his number 7 shirt given to griezmann.

He surely will move?

• Praise 4

Wow. That's humiliating.

Coutinho got his number 7 shirt given to griezmann.

He surely will move?

Questions are:

What price?

Which team?

What if he cant deliver his liverpool performance again?

Think hard to dispose off

Klopp deployed youngster Yasser Larouci and Adam Lewis at left back while Ki Jana Hoever appears at right back. Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn and Brewster all featured.

Hope we see a breakout season for some of these youngster.

Turbocharged

Klopp deployed youngster Yasser Larouci and Adam Lewis at left back while Ki Jana Hoever appears at right back. Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn and Brewster all featured.

Larouci looked gd. With a bit more fine tuning, can b a dependable backuo to robertson.
  • Praise 1

Apparently klopp blocked stevie g from loaning Ryan Kent again. So seems like Kent will be part of the squad.

(edited)

Larouci looked gd. With a bit more fine tuning, can b a dependable backuo to robertson.

Lets hope we see another academy graduate featuring in first team... maybe can sub for last 15 or 10min for some games... especially for left back as Mane is playing on left wing...

Try looking for Adam Lewis video...somehow i prefer Lewis over Larouci..

Apparently klopp blocked stevie g from loaning Ryan Kent again. So seems like Kent will be part of the squad.

Well... i have no recollection of Ryan Kent.. kept thinking that he is a left back... maybe i confused with Brad Smith... maybe the club is looking for money... if Rangers want him, put in a bid... doesnt make sense to be player supplier for other teams

Ryan Kent will be 23 soon? I think if cannot make it to first team by this age then quite tough.. same for Harry Wilson.. i think probably a do or die pre-season.

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 1

Lets hope we see another academy graduate featuring in first team... maybe can sub for last 15 or 10min for some games... especially for left back as Mane is playing on left wing...

Well... i have no recollection of Ryan Kent.. kept thinking that he is a right back... maybe they are looking for money... Ryan Kent will be 23 soon? I think if cannot make it to first team by this age then quite tough.. same for Harry Wilson.. i think probably a do or die pre-season.

He's a winger. Can't remember which side. Lol
↡ Advertisement