Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

This 2 really made Sterling/Suarez/Countinho to be angels.At least got $$$$

But they in some sense were better loved given their home-grown nature, and their longer contribution.

If it wasn't for Owen's move to Utd, he might still be loved and respected even after leaving Pool.

People just want to change job nia... as long as they did their job well... nuthing wrong in looking for greener pasture... some want more money... some looking for medals... eg Torres. Do you think Torres care for more money... i think he gave his best years left half expired.... help the club make 50M which is what Chelsea was going to pay for Gerrard. And the club splashed 35M on Andy Carroll... added Stuart Downing to assist Carroll but play both of them apart...

Correct. That was what Coutinho said when he got accepted back into the team after his strike... and in truth, can't really fault him lah.

The thing is that, Pool fans are especially passionate, and why we were angry was:

- he was struggling at Inter, and Pool gave him a lifeline and provided him the platform to get to the high level he showed

- yet he didn't show any loyalty, hence was viewed as a betrayal - esp when he downed-tools

- Pool had lost top players to vultures during the 'LOW' years (Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, Sterling), and under Klopp, team was finally on a uptrend, and there was hope that the club will not be viewed as inferior to the top teams, yet he threw spanners onto the work...

Wow. That's humiliating.

Coutinho got his number 7 shirt given to griezmann.

He surely will move?

Really arrh? aiyoh... it really is a move that backfired terribly then...

he was popular and revered before he moved, and promised to be the focal point of the team...

now he's to either put up with this humiliation, or likely take a pay cut and go elsewhere. Either way, that's no guarantee that he'll get back to his high level again...

Questions are:

What price?

Which team?

What if he cant deliver his liverpool performance again?

Think hard to dispose off

Yes, and all the brainless teams are crazy lah, when wanting to buy, then pay obscene $$ to prise players away from a stable situation.

Then when it is proven to fail miserably, still hope to recoup or make some $$ when they need to get rid of what is a big problem... instead of biting bullet and cut loss to end it quick.

They still looking at >100 m for coutinho...

and got expectation of 75 m for lukaku

and 150 m for Pogba

best they stay and make the other players TL and then unsettle the team further.

If the price is right, will you welcome Coutinho back?

Aye

Nay

1. Hamburger

Coutinho does offer something that the current team lacks, but the important question is how much is right?

Barca was stupid (but good for Pool) when they paid so much, but I won't pay more than Allison's price to get Coutinho back - which I think will mean it will not happen.

Correct. That was what Coutinho said when he got accepted back into the team after his strike... and in truth, can't really fault him lah.

The thing is that, Pool fans are especially passionate, and why we were angry was:

- he was struggling at Inter, and Pool gave him a lifeline and provided him the platform to get to the high level he showed

- yet he didn't show any loyalty, hence was viewed as a betrayal - esp when he downed-tools

- Pool had lost top players to vultures during the 'LOW' years (Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, Sterling), and under Klopp, team was finally on a uptrend, and there was hope that the club will not be viewed as inferior to the top teams, yet he threw spanners onto the work...

Really arrh? aiyoh... it really is a move that backfired terribly then...

he was popular and revered before he moved, and promised to be the focal point of the team...

now he's to either put up with this humiliation, or likely take a pay cut and go elsewhere. Either way, that's no guarantee that he'll get back to his high level again...

Well.. welcome to the real world.. Coutinho could have not signed a contract extension earlier and walk for free...

Mignolet so steady... end up Klopp just buy Karius to replace him... then when Karius cocked up big time.. Mignolet must be thinking ho seh liao... end up spend more than 60M buy Alisson... now Mignolet want to play more games... maybe the club should be grateful and give him a free transfer lor.. no leh... business wise the club still wanna make money out of this Belgium no. 2 goalie who doesnt get many game and cant challenge for the no. 1 goalie position..

Origi was the hero for European cup.. got rewarded with a contract... put it nicely is: he willing to stay and fight for a place in the 1st 11. He is 24 and willing to be back up striker... very steady... on the other hand, maybe no club wants him and he is just happy to earn a salary and sit on bench...

Anyway i rest my case. I wont get emotionally attached to players.

Aye

1. Othello

Nay

1. Hamburger

2. Ray

For those who are cracking head about right price, i say leave it to the LFC professionals looking at player's valuation. Of cos if can get free and Barca still paying his wages, we sure take him back.

Turbocharged

Well.. welcome to the real world.. Coutinho could have not signed a contract extension earlier and walk for free...

Mignolet so steady... end up Klopp just buy Karius to replace him... then when Karius cocked up big time.. Mignolet must be thinking ho seh liao... end up spend more than 60M buy Alisson... now Mignolet want to play more games... maybe the club should be grateful and give him a free transfer lor.. no leh... business wise the club still wanna make money out of this Belgium no. 2 goalie who doesnt get many game and cant challenge for the no. 1 goalie position..

Origi was the hero for European cup.. got rewarded with a contract... put it nicely is: he willing to stay and fight for a place in the 1st 11. He is 24 and willing to be back up striker... very steady... on the other hand, maybe no club wants him and he is just happy to earn a salary and sit on bench...

Esp that one who slipped.

Agree. That's why I do not "blame" Suarez for his antics in CL Leg 1. Suarez is Suarez, his attitude and passion defines his football legacy. He's gonna be the same whether playing for Peterborough, Pool or Barca. 

For most South American players, Barca & Real are the HOLY GRAIL ...... 

• Praise 1

Esp that one who slipped.ð¡shud have been sold long Long and we maybe winning the title earlier than still wait wait.

Well.. he doesnt owe me sh/t

I thank him for his service all these years... if he decide to jump ship to Chelsea many years back... maybe we would have won.. maybe we would have been relegated...

• Praise 1

Agree. That's why I do not "blame" Suarez for his antics in CL Leg 1. Suarez is Suarez, his attitude and passion defines his football legacy. He's gonna be the same whether playing for Peterborough, Pool or Barca.

Some pple will say the club stood behind him when he was banned for racial slurs, etc. He should be grateful and not show disrespect bla bla bla... i say just go watch the goals he scored for us...

can't argue with that. End of the day, football is still a biz, emotions, loyalty, appreciation, all all secondary.

Yes, quite a few South American countries speak Spanish, so they will likely follow La Liga more than EPL to begin with. and they will feel more comfortable playing in Spain given the language familiarity.

Turbocharged

agreed with everything....

except last sentence

without emotional attachment to club, and hence players, football is nothing.

Aye

1. Othello

2. Vegas

Nay

1. Hamburger

2. Ray

For those who are cracking head about right price, i say leave it to the LFC professionals looking at player's valuation. Of cos if can get free and Barca still paying his wages, we sure take him back.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

agreed with everything....

except last sentence

without emotional attachment to club, and hence players, football is nothing.

Lol.. totally agree.. costs me $65 a month
↡ Advertisement