Mahathir bans sand export to Singapore

Lala81

Turbocharged

no doubt we need their labour....cheap i am not sure but we should stop giving easy access to our SPR and citizenship.......its becoming a joke with many buying into our public housing and driving even the private property upwards.

Actually I notice Malaysian much easier to get PR in my company compared to China or India. Which is stupid I think because I would rather keep some of the better performers from other countries....

↡ Advertisement

my own experience this is not true,

we are car forum we talk about car workshop that is closest to us

u ask those ws that use malaysian worker,

ask them change, see their reaction can liao

got 1 prominant shop employing China mech liao......but frankly the shop owner kaopei because it will hurt their bottomline!

Everything is possible. In fact, it's already possible, will people accept?

The release of toxic chemicals while the plastics decay... etc....

Maybe one day or night a brilliant scientist may discover a method to convert all those plastic waste into sand equivalent (i remembered a video of how a company used plastic pellets or something like that to build roads. Cant recall which country).

Then the crooked pm can keep all the sands for his grandkids to play in. We paid ballpark of S$340m and is their best customer contributing 95% of their sand sales.

Better than nothing right. Sand is aplenty over there and a natural resource. Cost to them is almost nil.

So, wayang coming. He wants something as usual. Greedy and a bully.

Safe ride
Cheers

Actually I notice Malaysian much easier to get PR in my company compared to China or India. Which is stupid I think because I would rather keep some of the better performers from other countries....

i wont speculate on the reason or justification for such a practise......but ya...its rather stupid for sure giving them sprs for the longest of time knowing that they wont convert or when it benefits them minus the ns. There are so many vocations in our ns forces that doesnt need security clearance. Only those who are willing to serve ns should be given sprs and ultimately our citizenship.

Supersonic

Everything is possible. In fact, it's already possible, will people accept?

The release of toxic chemicals while the plastics decay... etc....

Plastics decay? If only they can break down much faster, our oceans and marine life will be most grateful.

The finished product need to be environmentally friendly and not toxic to humans. Sand of course is the best but if all wayang and long term threat to our building needs, i hope there can be found a suitable man-made alternative.

Haiz. Quarrelsome neighbours who refuse to go away and let each live in peace are like a constant faulty leaking tap.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Bringing in a lot of Indians and PRCs will upset certain segment of the population and alter the social fabrics of SG. There are larger considerations.

Msians are probably the fastest to assimilate, no issue with the smell of curry is good.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Bringing in a lot of Indians and PRCs will upset certain segment of the population and alter the social fabrics of SG. There are larger considerations.

Msians are probably the fastest to assimilate, no issue with the smell of curry is good.

Edited by Evillusion

Nothing?

How about something like

a 50 years term loan of a few billion at zero % interest to help a good neighbor? 

Build a 3rd link from Pengerang to Pulau Ubin to help build up the economy of the dead town? And we foot 80% of the building cost since 80% of the bridge will be across our water?

go ahead with building of the HSR, but we foot the full bill first, and they return us their share slowly by installment?

Increase price of raw water they sell to us, but we cannot increase price of treated water sell to them? 

I can carry on and  tell you 10 more if I bother to use my head a little more this morning if not for the rain...

Practically nothing? seriously?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

You very sure that the loan money will go to the state fund and not his pocket ... [sly]

• Praise 2

there are already ship loads of them around....whats there to be upset about now?ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£....i am only upset that these guys doesnt need to serve ns.......dont say about the 2 yrs increment hor....i will gladly give back my 2 yrs for them to serve ns.

Isn't that the reason why it is so difficult for certain nationals to obtain PR now after GE211?

Isn't that the reason why it is so difficult for certain nationals to obtain PR now after GE211?

not sure about that....but something got to be done to sprs that doesnt want to convert to sg citizenship and i am very sure this group have not and doesnt want to serve ns but leech on the system instead.
  • Praise 1

Port Tanjung Pelepas vs Port Tuas

its actually more than that, the ports along the entire straits of Malacca can grow durians.

think 3rd-Gen Proton vs 1st-Gen Dyson Electric [laugh]

Supersonic

I think cheap labour dependence forming is across the board almost everywhere. Even within MY themselves, they are also very much dependent for cheaper workers from Myanmar.

We get theirs cheap, they get theirs somewhere even cheaper... [:p][laugh][laugh]

True.

if their worker cannot come over,

i think we collapse first rather then them

we already over reliance on cheap labour, esp service sector.

just replace 30% of them with local we cannot take it already .

just like US , they over reliance on cheap china stuff..

Any hard measure will have consequences. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do what's right.

Do it with gradual quotas of hiring Singaporeans in foreigner heavy industries.

GST keeps increasing. OBU based road tax will be a hardship for many. Yet is that enough reason for gahmen to think twice?

Supersonic

Why stop at SGPR? Those who refused to serve ns or changed their status before the age of 30 should never be given our citizenship as their loyalty would be suspect and should be disallowed from taking a mid to senior post in a glc or any government linked agency. They have been given the chance and opportunity to prove their loyalty and as announced recently even a pes e Singaporean will have to serve ns in a combat role. Why should we give these leeches a leeway for our pink ic.

Agreed bro. Question is, do those in power have the political spine to do this?

Hmm... but jb seem the only state with better relations leh.

Was thinking maybe on trade and finance side any possible leverage or not..

Can stop eating durain.. but that lagi no chanceð¤£

Think shipping expensive la

If our relationship with JB is so good, why do we still have to go through this VEP nonsense?

Someone with inside knowledge tells me it's the Sultan supporting this. It's not just the Federal gahmen pushing it.

• Praise 1

not sure about that....but something got to be done to sprs that doesnt want to convert to sg citizenship and i am very sure this group have not and doesnt want to serve ns but leech on the system instead.

i am all for making all pr doing ns even those old 1.

even if a much tone down ns, make them do it.

Supersonic

if their worker cannot come over,

i think we collapse first rather then them

we already over reliance on cheap labour, esp service sector.

just replace 30% of them with local we cannot take it already .

just like US , they over reliance on cheap china stuff..

Our over reliance is at the expense of Singaporeans as well. Those who don't do well academically and who could have found decent paying jobs doing manual jobs are now reduced to basically begging.

Even got to be embarrassed for not having enough money for retirement and "leeching" on society.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Agreed bro. Question is, do those in power have the political spine to do this?

If our relationship with JB is so good, why do we still have to go through this VEP nonsense?

Someone with inside knowledge tells me it's the Sultan supporting this. It's not just the Federal gahmen pushing it.

if we and the alternative parties put this as an agenda.....they would surely try to compromise or give cockameemee reasoning not to push it through. From there we can see what is the direction choosed by those in power. Really sucks to be a Singaporean....we are only a small dot with limited resource but yet foreigners are having a field day buying into our public and private housing.....while other countries with vast resources controls theirs and mainly for their own.

i am all for making all pr doing ns even those old 1.

even if a much tone down ns, make them do it.

yes i too agree on that point. NS should be a prequisite for SPRship and finally citizenship. For ladies, if they marry a sgian then they could get that pr.......makes it harder and controlled to get out spr and citzenship.
↡ Advertisement