Sad case of the Woodlands murder

Wind30

Why must bring religion into it?

heaven and hell is not really religion lah, even if that is what he meant, it apply to all human being.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

that's why woman must learn when to stop cos you never know it will get you killed [sweatdrop]

That's why i can perhaps understand how he was driven to kill his wife, but the daughter is innocent.. Sad..
  • Praise 2

actually the nagging or alleged affair was all his account only and the wife isn't alive to corroborate the claims.  it was through his statements and widely reported in the newspapers and some readers of straits times think the wife deserved it because of these 2 reasons.  but the wife is not there to give statement, so what makes people think the guy is telling the truth.  I had to point it out to some straits times reader.

he also proven to be capable liar when he forged a suicide pact and sign off in his wife's name and also proven by police that he lied about his wife killing his daughter instead of him.  whatever he says, will become less credible.

agree, but he can't get away with killing them. Either he gets a death sentence which could be what he wish for (since he attempted suicide so many time) or he get away with death with his lies but still have to live in jail for the rest of his life. I duno which one is better for him.

Turbocharged

Actually dont be too quick to judge the man. I was following up on the story and was curious as to what made him gamble to get into much debt and what caused him to snap.

I was reading the usual which pictured him as some kinda monster until to the point he switch jobs from a property agent to a salesperson working in a reno company. Imo must be having difficulties making ends meet. I also realised he's the sole bread winner in the family. He still got an elderly mother.

Then the part when his reno boss testify which the news pointed out she is at the time serving a jail sentence for cheating many ppl in a renovation scam. That means the man at that time when his boss was arrested had lost or was about to lose his job. Bummer.

Read about the boss testiment and she said he's a good father and "a man trying very hard to make his wife happy". I thought maybe she's trying to help him by saying good things. But not really when I read on.

During a Christmas party a some years back the boss suggested to his wife that she transfer her daughter from a private kindergarten to a public one, which is cheaper. He was having trouble payng for the school fees.

"She said: 'Oh no, I want the best,'" said the boss, "I know the difficult position (Teo) is having, as a man trying to make his wife happy."

A glimpse into what or who the wife is. She's not working and wants the best for her child. She also wanted to do a non-compulsory test in relation to her pregnancy that was "quite expensive".

The boss also added that the man who wore the same shirt to work on most days, requested for time off from 4.30pm to 6pm daily on work days so he could pick up his daughter from school and prepare dinner for his wife and daughter before returning to work from 9pm to 10pm. You can read about the boss testiment from the second half of the article below.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/woodlands-double-murder-teo-ghim-heng-wife-called-useless-father-11686790

Needless to say I was speechless after I read this. His gambling debt was due to desperation to make ends meet. Tried to switch job hoping to get a better pay but ended up loosing it. With so much debt amounting the wife still called him a useless father when he tried so hard. Who the fxxk said a "happy wife will have a happy life" is so wrong and shoud take a serious look at this. So sad to be him.

That reno company damn f.up

Cheats worth millions.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

agree, but he can't get away with killing them. Either he gets a death sentence which could be what he wish for (since he attempted suicide so many time) or he get away with death with his lies but still have to live in jail for the rest of his life. I duno which one is better for him.

yeah both outcome equally sad.....i think people are most sad with the killing of the 4 year old girl and the demise of the unborn baby in the mother's womb.  some couples have problem conceiving but this guy just ends the life of 2 kids just like that.

Hypersonic

Nobody can drive you to kill anyone. You make your own decisions. Nothing and no circumstances gives you a ''more reasonable to kill''. There are mitigating factors of course.. 

You can always choose to walk away and start afresh. Be responsible but if you are not capable of wearing the hat...

can you choose to let it go? or do you destroy all? 

You insinuating its forgivable for killing his nagging wife? 

Murder/manslaughter is usually a crime of passion. I'm saying that it's understandable that adults get caught up in such affairs especially with a dysfunctional marriage like the above.

Adults stay in a marriage however dysfunctional for their own purposes. Similarly, if the man was so useless and bad egg, the wife could have left him.

But committing murder, then going the extra step to commit a 2nd murder, your own daughter.

Biologically, it's not common to kill off your offspring for no reason. Parents or even male lions or bears do it for biological reasons, usually to force the female to mate. 

Anyway i agree with him being charged for murder.

He does try to escape, come out with excuses etc for the deceased's brother looking for the deceased.

But this man is somewhat not right in the head for sure, just for the fact that he lived with the intact bodies for 1 week and switching on AC to reduce decomposition.

It's like he does half the steps required to evade, then doesn't do the rest. An incompetent murderer? Partly but it's like some of the internal loops in his brain just don't jive. 

U know as opposed to that recent murder case, where the man killed his PRC lover. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Don't be quick to judge

Most are judging using their high moral Dick head to judge

I cannot help but notice the irony in the two statements taken together.

• Praise 3

It is very easy to label what the guy did as a 'barbaric', 'evil' 'atrocity' or whatever adjective that paints the perpetrator in the most villainous light. Sadly, whatever happened was an accumulation of negative circumstances resulting in an unfortunate human tragedy.

From the bits of information available its not hard to see that the man is/was obviously in a state of desperation and whatever happened had pushed him to his breaking point. He was already heavily beset by financial woes for a sustained period, without the security of a job or income, and having to also bear the burden of trying to be a breadwinner, husband and father to people closest to his heart as his world slowly caved in without much solutions. 

I assume the last straw that broke him was probably when he perceived the very person he loved and had been struggling for appeared to turn against him and tore him down, and this caused him to snap. Even at his lowest point, a man's ego is probably the last thin veil of armour that keeps him going, and hence, the insult was likely to have breached it.

Assuming this was the case, this is the tragedy in that he totally snapped and caused him to take the lives of the very people he loved the most. Not forgetting, he also did try to take his own life but failed. 

This is not the first case of such tragedy here and it won't be the last. We had mothers in depression who tied themselves together with their children and jumped to their deaths; Men who were exploited and berated by foreign wife and their adopted children when they just wanted to see their own child in the wive's custody and ended up killing the ex-wife's child. All sad human tragedies.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Double murder. Seems likely to be the gallows.

Twincharged

you must live a blissful life

you must try to witness how a depressed person function

I used to volunteer for counselling and depressed person act and function like a normal person BUT they masked their depression until it "blow"

I guess you never got angry before with anybody

ask Radx he got so mad with me, if not for my handsomeness, I would be dead long time ago

have you really never felt so very angry that you almost kill someone but luckily you were in control

i dont think anybody think it is forgivable for killing his nagging wife and the law will take care of it

so American's drop not 1 but 2 atomic bombs on hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians, is acceptable 

so the 7 deaths in the Hepatitis SGH saga is also acceptable because the authorities don't even want to name the involved, how to get the dead back

from your writing I am guessing you think people who do suicide are losers

you have yet to witness the fragility of people

I do really understand where you are coming from, I respect your opinion,

lets agree to disagree

Nobody can drive you to kill anyone. You make your own decisions. Nothing and no circumstances gives you a ''more reasonable to kill''. There are mitigating factors of course.. 

You can always choose to walk away and start afresh. Be responsible but if you are not capable of wearing the hat...

can you choose to let it go? or do you destroy all? 

You insinuating its forgivable for killing his nagging wife? 

I cannot help but notice the irony in the two statements taken together.

1) incomplete information how to judge

2) one base judgement on incomplete information

• Praise 1

(edited)

There's also a recent murder case of a father who killed his own toddler daugther. Same lah, and then tried suicide but failed. The one with an unusual name call Teo Johnboy John. Knn both these men surname Teo. It takes courage to kill yourself imo and it's not easy or any less painful.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/fathers-day-tragedy-35-year-old-charged-murdering-his-toddler

It's easy for us to pass judgement here not knowing what the men have reached the point of "no point to live on and end it all". How many of us have been there done that and live to tell what went on in your mind? To them it's no longer rational...neither is it a "decision" like some of you suggested. It's not like that when emotion overwhelms sanity. It becomes irrational. None of us has been through that.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic

It is very easy to label what the guy did as a 'barbaric', 'evil' 'atrocity' or whatever adjective that paints the perpetrator in the most villainous light. Sadly, whatever happened was an accumulation of negative circumstances resulting in an unfortunate human tragedy.

From the bits of information available its not hard to see that the man is/was obviously in a state of desperation and whatever happened had pushed him to his breaking point. He was already heavily beset by financial woes for a sustained period, without the security of a job or income, and having to also bear the burden of trying to be a breadwinner, husband and father to people closest to his heart as his world slowly caved in without much solutions. 

I assume the last straw that broke him was probably when he perceived the very person he loved and had been struggling for appeared to turn against him and tore him down, and this caused him to snap. Even at his lowest point, a man's ego is probably the last thin veil of armour that keeps him going, and hence, the insult was likely to have breached it.

Assuming this was the case, this is the tragedy in that he totally snapped and caused him to take the lives of the very people he loved the most. Not forgetting, he also did try to take his own life but failed. 

This is not the first case of such tragedy here and it won't be the last. We had mothers in depression who tied themselves together with their children and jumped to their deaths; Men who were exploited and berated by foreign wife and their adopted children when they just wanted to see their own child in the wive's custody and ended up killing the ex-wife's child. All sad human tragedies.

Yes. The veneer of civility is stripped away when people feel mentally they are beyond any hope or redemption.

That reno company damn f.up

Cheats worth millions.

Yeah. I'm also doubting the judge will take the boss's tesiment into much consideration given she lied and cheated many others. Her testiment might not be credible or will she be a credible witness. But for me I more or less believe her views on his wife. For a woman to see another...she knows what she's looking at. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yeah. I'm also doubting the judge will take the boss's tesiment into much consideration given she lied and cheated many others. Her testiment might not be credible or will she be a credible witness. But for me I more or less believe her views on his wife. For a woman to see another...she knows what she's looking at. [laugh]

The fact is that a scammer (whether woman or man), must be good at reading people. Haha whether you believe what they spiel out of their mouth is another issue  [:p]

Supercharged

brother, it was not corroborated by any other party that the wife had an affair.  it only came out from the husband's statement and he know full well she is not alive to refute such allegation.  it has also been shown twice by the police that he is a capable liar and lied twice.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

That's why i can perhaps understand how he was driven to kill his wife, but the daughter is innocent.. Sad..

you seeing from our point of view

from his twisted and fractured mind, he see that his daughter's death or leaving his daughter to the care of others, he felt death is one off and his daughter would not suffer (not sure how loving his relatives are to his daughter)

let me share (moral dilemma)

a pregnant mother on scan found to have a child limbless but want to carry on with pregnancy, child delivered limbless and cerebral palsy, will always be bed-ridden, mum had a choice to abort or to carry on child

difficult choice, abortion is killing too especially in the 3rd trimester, but letting the child live would be living dead and hell for everyone around taking care of him, after the parents die who is going to take care of the child if he continues to outlive them

have anybody, single handedly taken care of a completely bed-ridden child or completely demented elderly with no support? you can do a few months if don't know the person, a few years if you are related, a few decades only if you love the person as much as you love your own life

everyone has their own opinion but because we are NOT him and NOT in his position, perhaps we should really hold back our judgement

• Praise 5

you must live a blissful life

Life sure got up and down one... who dont have... diamond spoon mayb dont need 

you must try to witness how a depressed person function

but why? everyones tolerance of stress is different. 

I used to volunteer for counselling and depressed person act and function like a normal person BUT they masked their depression until it "blow"

same as abv... good for u on the counselling part... 

I guess you never got angry before with anybody

lol...  trust me... im hulk ... i just learn to control 

ask Radx he got so mad with me, if not for my handsomeness, I would be dead long time ago

this one.. u have to ask him... 

have you really never felt so very angry that you almost kill someone but luckily you were in control

to kill? honestly no... to harm physically? quite often... 

i dont think anybody think it is forgivable for killing his nagging wife and the law will take care of it

so American's drop not 1 but 2 atomic bombs on hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians, is acceptable 

so the 7 deaths in the Hepatitis SGH saga is also acceptable because the authorities don't even want to name the involved, how to get the dead back

where is the link of these above 2 with this case.. is totally beyond me...  

from your writing I am guessing you think people who do suicide are losers

no.. actually i think they are courageous.. coz i sure as hell got no balls to kill myself...  Losers are people who dont take responsibilties for their actions and shirk it

you have yet to witness the fragility of people

lol.. hw u draw this opinion is again beyond me... 

I do really understand where you are coming from, I respect your opinion,

as i do yours. im just having a discourse since im bored for the day. 

lets agree to disagree

1) incomplete information how to judge

2) one base judgement on incomplete information

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1