• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Anakinsky
  • Anakinsky
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Done the services about a month , and drove 1k + km since then .

Check the engine oil today and notice overfill , so pump up about 500ml .

The engine oil color is dark grey/ brown .wonder is this normal ? Or the workshop cheated me by just topping up engine oil and charged me 150 ?
https://www.dropbox....ne_oil.JPG?dl=0
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Engine oil turning black is normal
Volvobrick and Mzrmazda3 praised this

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The engine oil color is dark grey/ brown .wonder is this normal ? Or the workshop cheated me by just topping up engine oil and charged me 150 ?

Is it a well known Workshop.?

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Normal, although I suspect that the 1k km oil was not fully drained in your case.

During car servicing, you should stay behind to see the actions unless you totally trust the workshop.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You pump out after 10 min run will see the engine oil change color already, because there is still residual engine oil in the engine that you will not be able to suck or drain out completely. Moreover when engine oil will change color when subject to hight temperature, so what you see is normal
Beregond, Mzrmazda3 and kobayashiGT praised this

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:19 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I am more concerned why there is so much overfill. A competent workshop should have a receptacle to measure the volume taken out, and replace the same quantity.

Anyway TS, this is the 3rd thread you started about your A6. You might want to continue where you left off?

Edited by Toeknee_33, 06 July 2019 - 02:22 PM.

kobayashiGT praised this

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

is normal. nothing to worry about. just remember to do regular oil change and your engine will be good health.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

IMHO, actually the color is important.

N\ew engine oil is usually light gold  or for Shell Helix, is more bronze gold.

Used engine oil will turn into brownish black or black.

Grey - something could be wrong. 

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

Tvios
  • Tvios
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wh workshop? free service by PI?

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

imho, the oil is too black after running 1k+ from servicing. Even my previous Nissan Sunny, the engine oil wasn't so black after 7K+ with total mileage of 70k+.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Overfill and u topped up?

Top up 500ml $150?????
Garage36.com

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

digitalwolf
  • digitalwolf
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

It's Normal. no worries

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

Evillusion
  • Premium member
    Evillusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

must be those who leaves the car to ws for normal servicing while they go for lunch or shopping. For me i will stick around to see what they do for that 1-2 hrs when their car is at their mercy. Thats how i know what type of eo they put into the engine.....even open the eo cap in front of me and they even offer me the balance of the eo....🤣🤣🤣
Together We stand Alone

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Get it check if the colour is grey. Only 1k got this colour, something is very wrong.
Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:48 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

grey is the colour of aluminium

grey colour oil meaning it's terminal
andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:51 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just be glad that it's not yellow in colour.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:19 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If Yellow means Head Gasket Blown...Coolant Mixed with Oil. [bigcry]  [furious]

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:11 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine becomes black the minute start engine :grin:
SiLangKia praised this

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

Beregond
  • Premium member
    Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Get it check if the colour is grey. Only 1k got this colour, something is very wrong.

i use liqui moly ceratec.

my engine oil is really 'GREY ' colour lol

andrewyewkc and Tohto praised this

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i use liqui moly ceratec.

my engine oil is really 'GREY ' colour lol

I also use ceratec but I only know it is grey when I pour in, everything should turn black very soon?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: engine, color, normal, grey and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users