Free ONS from furniture store?

Atrecord

Hypersonic

Picket and Rail is playing with words, and OBVIOUSLY an attempt to attract attention to its advertisement. Google for Picket and Rail and for sure it will come out as one of the top search these few days.

As I have mentioned earlier, this is supposed to be an old news, but why yahoo and other sites started reporting it again, after 3 years?? You know I know... I also btc one, but uncle know how to make media work for me leh :D :D

OK, coming back to the advertisement. For "free one night stand", P&R still can argued that it is done by their btc staff (or probably someone with F9 in england, or even a FW/FT). BUT "a free one night stand" in the Chinese paper is really trying to hard. It is an obvious misleading statement, as "a" is already an unit (same as "one"), then followed by "one night stand", meaning a real one night stand, no way can P&R argue it way out.

So the best thing to do now is to stop "promoting" for them. The more we share, talk, discuss, debate, argue, or even fight it out with each other what is right what is wrong, the more attention will be put on P&R (read: FREE advertisement). Tio boh my friend? [sly] [sly]

OK, I better go back to tc liao (and try attempting that "tough" maths question in the durian thread)... [laugh]

Can you tell me which advertisement is not created to attract attention?  Can you also tell me why ppl are reporting it again, because you know but i dont know leh? 

since you mentioned that it is OBVIOUSLY  an attempt to attract attention to their ads, and misleading statement, why did you posted a definition of the word  "nightstand" earlier? Were your thoughts that of a mistake perhaps? 

Since you mentioned that it is obviously a misleading statement, why then are you not bringing it to the attention of the public of a retainer putting up a misleading advertisement?  Instead prefer to let the misleading statement continue? Is this just and fair to the advertising  industry? 

Uncle know how to make media work for me also leh, but uncle also know what a misleading advertisement can lead to, although I BTC. 

If you feel strongly that by discussing about a misleading advertisement is promoting for them, and we sld not give them FREE advertisement, as a MOD you have all the authority to lock it.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Maybe most people called it side bedside stand instead of night stand?

Edited by 13177

Is there a different between a "nightstand" and  a "night stand"? 

one is one word, the other 2 words? Do we assume a 2 words phrase is similar to a one word? 

The ads clearly shows " free one night stand", which is a 4 words phrase?

OK, I btc, scare give the wrong answer and tarnish my image in MCF, so have to ask my friend, Mr. Google for help.

According to Collins Dictionary,

countable noun
A night stand is a small table or cupboard that you have next to your bed.

So technically speaking, nightstand (American) and night stand (British) is the same.  :D  :D

And I always like to provide bonus info, the correct way to phrase ONS is: One-night stand! (there is a "-" between the one and night.)  [scholar]  [scholar]

OK, I better go brush up my england, and be less reliance on Mr. Google. One day Singapore decide to ban Google and I will have to disappear on all forums liao. :wacko:

Can you tell me which advertisement is not created to attract attention?  Can you also tell me why ppl are reporting it again, because you know but i dont know leh? 

since you mentioned that it is OBVIOUSLY  an attempt to attract attention to their ads, and misleading statement, why did you posted a definition of the word  "nightstand" earlier? Were your thoughts that of a mistake perhaps? 

Since you mentioned that it is obviously a misleading statement, why then are you not bringing it to the attention of the public of a retainer putting up a misleading advertisement?  Instead prefer to let the misleading statement continue? Is this just and fair to the advertising  industry? 

Uncle know how to make media work for me also leh, but uncle also know what a misleading advertisement can lead to, although I BTC. 

If you feel strongly that by discussing about a misleading advertisement is promoting for them, and we sld not give them FREE advertisement, as a MOD you have all the authority to lock it.

Don't need to lock lah, take it as a English lesson for the other btc members. Community service time. :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5