Bullet train from SG to Thailand will you take?

StreetFight3r

Just a Singapore KL HSR already NATO.

This one in my life time not sure can smell it or not.

And the biggest question, $$$$ come from where?

Fully agree! Nothing has moved on the SG-KL HSR, it is all a dream to talk about connecting Singapore to Bangkok.

Even if it happens, it would not be in the next 5-10 years!

What a thread! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

got ask permission from lao ma or not? why suka suka include msia?

If Thailand propose let his family bao the MY part of the project from start to end, you think need to ask permission or not?

Lao ma will issue invitation!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I got a feeling that the Bangkok -Msia part will go through....it is always the part between Msia and Spore that has a problem.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Even BKK might be at least 8 hrs

Just took a look at the distance. Very true. 

8 hrs then flight might be better esp considering singapore's proposed HSR terminal is in Jurong. If City to City then maybe still better than flight.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Just took a look at the distance. Very true.

8 hrs then flight might be better esp considering singapore's proposed HSR terminal is in Jurong. If City to City then maybe still better than flight.

Flight to BKK is only about 2hr+, promotion SQ can get at $200+.

Why bother to spend such long time on train.

Is not like China HSR timing is more reliable then always delay flight.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
(edited)

Flight to BKK is only about 2hr+, promotion SQ can get at $200+.

Why bother to spend such long time on train.

Is not like China HSR timing is more reliable then always delay flight.

Depends where you live and where the stations are located.

Airport need to go 2 hrs before the flight and travel all the way to Changi. Still nv consider that bkk airport might be out of the way and need further travel time to your destination. Should talk about average price and not promotion price.

I would take a sleeper train to Bangkok or further.

Edited by Kusje

From Google map...the estimated distance is about 1800 km.....it takes more than 6 hours for the fastest bullet train in the market now going at at full speed......so time saving is not possible.....besides the ticket cost will not come cheap....currently air fair especially on budget airline is already very low imo......the only reason I will consider it is flight phobia....and yes....I will take the overnight train if the ticket price is not too out of reached....I tried TGV in France and Frecce in Italy for City to city hops, it was really fast and efficient...very affordable too...the best part is it stops right in the middle of the City so I can just walk to my hotel nearby......I just wondering when will South East Asia catching up with Europe in this area  [;)]

• Praise 1

From Google map...the estimated distance is about 1800 km.....it takes more than 6 hours for the fastest bullet train in the market now going at at full speed......so time saving is not possible.....besides the ticket cost will not come cheap....currently air fair especially on budget airline is already very low imo......the only reason I will consider it is flight phobia....and yes....I will take the overnight train if the ticket price is not too out of reached....I tried TGV in France and Frecce in Italy for City to city hops, it was really fast and efficient...very affordable too...the best part is it stops right in the middle of the City so I can just walk to my hotel nearby......I just wondering when will South East Asia catching up with Europe in this area  [;)]

Because of the EU treaties between its member states traveling from country to country in Europe passengers do not need to disembark to have their passport stamped every time they have enter a country of different origin. But in this scenerio here passengers will no doubt have to disembark to have their passport stamped in order to proceed to the next country. How is it going to work when it takes time to queue at the customs counter to get clearance and passport stamped? Even with an automated system it still requires time to get thru the system. Then it isn't very time efficient than say travelling via airplane.

Ok. I take aeroplane. U bros convinced me.

It may never or take too long to be built for us. But i agree that its main objective is to allow the Chinese to have easier access to Thailand. More moolah from there than Msia n Sgp combined.

But my choice is take aeroplane.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The annual trade value between SG and MY is even higher than MY with TH .. if it doesn't make economic sense for SG/MY, it will make even less sense for MY/TH.

When comes to MY, it is never about economic value. It is about face value and relationship.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

The annual trade value between SG and MY is even higher than MY with TH .. if it doesn't make economic sense for SG/MY, it will make even less sense for MY/TH.

It won't just be MY/TH trade. Have to consider Malaysia and vietnam, china and others as well.

Problem is, why need HSR? High speed is important for passengers only. Taking 1-2 extra days for goods via slow rail usually isn't going to be a problem.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

It won't just be MY/TH trade. Have to consider Malaysia and vietnam, china and others as well.

Problem is, why need HSR? High speed is important for passengers only. Taking 1-2 extra days for goods via slow rail usually isn't going to be a problem.

Not just about tourism, The idea of HSR is also to boost businesses by expanding the means to find nearby talent pool and good human resources which previously may be impossible due to long distances. Also, with fast travelling time for employees, businesses are also more encourage to setup offices in various cities along the route.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Trains for transporting of goods from Bangkok to Singapore may be workable, but not passengers.

Would still prefer to take a flight, given that time-saving is not that significant.

• Praise 1

Trains for transporting of goods from Bangkok to Singapore may be workable, but not passengers.

Would still prefer to take a flight, given that time-saving is not that significant.

The train has to pass through 3 countries for customs and excise...you can imagine how this high speed train can become turtle speed under such circumstances...if I am the merchant...I rather use flight for high value and perishable items....and use shippings or lorries for low value or bulky cargos....in fact KTM has been there all the while....the viability is pretty obvious  [:p]

↡ Advertisement