• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic | 217 praises

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://www.channeln...-batam-11711862

Interesting that Indonesia is doing so to maximise transport connectivity to Bintan offered by Changi Terminal 5, currently under construction.

Just sharing.

Safe ride
Cheers
Tianmo, Beregond and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hopefully it's not crooked....
PSP415 and Mercury1 praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Telling our immediate neighbour even if they do not like us, there are others who like to partner with us.
Tianmo praised this

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:59 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The indonesia bridge cannot drive 4 wheels over , let alone pump shiok shiok.

Cost of bridges so ex, thy sure recoup back from tourists, one example - Nasi Padang dishes and you will know, so many to choose, one touch the plate considered makan liao  [lipsrsealed]

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:06 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Batam and Bintan got 7km so close meh ? 

Probably not the tourist areas we go to, me thinks.

Sound like some ego project. 

focus

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The indonesia bridge cannot drive 4 wheels over , let alone pump shiok shiok.

Cost of bridges so ex, thy sure recoup back from tourists, one example - Nasi Padang dishes and you will know, so many to choose, one touch the plate considered makan liao [lipsrsealed]

About Usd300M for 7km. not really that expensive right?
Think our expressway and mrt can cost much more.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Should build a link bridge to Sg.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hopefully it's not crooked....

Cannot. Got copyright. Later u know who will sue.

😅😅😅

Safe ride
Cheers

Er...u sure we need to be that close? Not enuff sand. Luckily for us.

Safe ride
Cheers

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I doubt the distant only 7km that take 45min by ferry. Also how vessels going to pass through?
Staff69 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:34 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I doubt the distant only 7km that take 45min by ferry. Also how vessels going to pass through?

I see at google map ard 7km based on the google map ruler

Too far and bridge will affect container shipping route
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:37 AM

Ravinged
  • Premium member
    Ravinged
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This is just another vanity project.

The population of Batam (1.2m) and Bintan (300k), combined, stands at about 1.5m. Out of this 1.5m population, how many of them have the need to commute between the two islands on a daily basis? When you narrow that down, out of these who commute daily between the two islands, how many of them already own a car or is financially well enough to own a car?

It's not many.

Indonesia is going to spend S$385m on this bridge just to benefit a small population of residents there, so to speak. I don't see that this is a wise expenditure when much of the country still live below the poverty line.

Dangerous ferry rides with poor safety record is a long time ailment in the area. Indonesia could have spend 30%-40% of that cost to help the ferry companies upgrade their vessels with grants etc while the rest be used more efficiently towards other economic development to benefit the local population.

And of course it's Indonesia.... a portion of that S$385m will find their way into "private accounts".

therock, Ody_2004, yishunite, Lala81, Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I hope I am wrong but i don't see how it will work for them. Another 20 years then review maybe. 

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:00 AM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This is just another vanity project.

The population of Batam (1.2m) and Bintan (300k), combined, stands at about 1.5m. Out of this 1.5m population, how many of them have the need to commute between the two islands on a daily basis? When you narrow that down, out of these who commute daily between the two islands, how many of them already own a car or is financially well enough to own a car?

It's not many.

Indonesia is going to spend S$385m on this bridge just to benefit a small population of residents there, so to speak. I don't see that this is a wise expenditure when much of the country still live below the poverty line.

Dangerous ferry rides with poor safety record is a long time ailment in the area. Indonesia could have spend 30%-40% of that cost to help the ferry companies upgrade their vessels with grants etc while the rest be used more efficiently towards other economic development to benefit the local population.

And of course it's Indonesia.... a portion of that S$385m will find their way into "private accounts".

I agree that they should really improve their dangerous rides. Machiam got too many citizens liao so let some die never mind kind of attitude.

Articles often cited overcrowding as the cause of ferry mishaps. Seriously, how difficult to tell ppl its full house and ferry will drown, i mean sink. Guess it sounds better than say ferry was actually unsafe due to poor state of maintenance or no maintenance. Dead ppl cant talk or challenge.

Safe ride
Cheers

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

Neost
  • Neost
    6th Gear
    Author Image

should spend the money to build hospital, commnuity centres or improve tourism to increase their income

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:23 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

should spend the money to build hospital, commnuity centres or improve tourism to increase their income

How u know they are not doing that already?

Thaiyotakamli, Beregond and Ingenius praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:50 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I see at google map ard 7km based on the google map ruler
Too far and bridge will affect container shipping route

Penang bridge is 13.5 km.

It's probably a matter of political will.

If everyone can drive to Batam, the Causeway will see a drop in traffic. [laugh]

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I don't think it is a vanity project la.

Can't even compete with our YOG, how to show off that you can spend 400m and get nothing in return.

1 Anonymous member praised this
That is all.

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

wait.... i read the chinese newspaper it says the bridge is link from Batam to Bintan, not to singapore leh   [confused]

Roadrunner2029 and Volvobrick praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wait.... i read the chinese newspaper it says the bridge is link from Batam to Bintan, not to singapore leh   [confused]

TS title not big enough? LoL...

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:25 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So you thought the link bridge is from sgp to batam? LoL...

You all think whole world revolve around sgp. Maybe in the future sgp will want to build undersea mrt  link to batam. Maybe... [laugh]

I think they will still use the tanah merah ferry terminal as it's relatively close to the airport. Just need to add shuttle bus service to and from ferry terminal to airport terminal.

Edited by Watwheels, 12 July 2019 - 10:33 AM.

Ben5266 praised this
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: linkbridge, batam, indonesia and 4 more...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users