Taxi driver post video of drunk girl with no money

Piyopico

talk so much also no use, the taxi driver did called the police which is according to the company SOP, but he record a video of the girl and load it online (which is apparently against the company policy).

Hence the police didn't find wrong on both the driver and the passenger, but the driver got fired by the company, period.

Whose fault? must be the stupid technology.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

talk so much also no use, the taxi driver did called the police which is according to the company SOP, but he record a video of the girl and load it online (which is apparently against the company policy).

Hence the police didn't find wrong on both the driver and the passenger, but the driver got fired by the company, period.

Whose fault? must be the stupid technology.

I would say the alacrity with which the company fired the cabbie has a lot to do with the public outcry.

Which has a lot to do with the double standard I mentioned.

Which is why I "talked so much". I think it's unjust he's lost his ricebowl over this. If they are going to make this a new norm, they should be upfront about it and enforce the policy equitably. Regardless of the gender, race, SES, "demureness" etc etc of the passenger. You post anything related to your fare online in public view, you forfeit your job.

I'd be OK if I saw this as being enforced fairly from now on.

Supercharged

People will still heck care. They will take out camera and start recordding. When questioned, they will say what can you do to me? Call police. I wait for you.

actually, the crime is not in recording or taking photo...but in the sharing of the photo or video.

Turbocharged

Sorry if I sound old-fashioned, but women who are well-brought up, from good (not necessarily rich, ok?) families, should not be drinking until such level of inebriation. It's uncouth and unsightly.

Sorry if I sound old-fashioned, but women who are well-brought up, from good (not necessarily rich, ok?) families, should not be drinking until such level of inebriation. It's uncouth and unsightly.

I'm inclined to agree with you, not necessarily from the stodgy puritanical POV, but in terms of simple common sensical self-preservation.

Women are already considered vulnerable. To further lower their defences like this is just dumb.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Only when no video was released on social media.

TD is in the wrong for releasing the video on social media.

As for the girl unable to pay her fare, that's another issue altogether.

no... all this happened because passenger did not pay fare. She can be drunk all she wants but if she paid her fare this wouldn't happen. So passenger did not pay fare, driver kpkb and escalated, and taxi company should address the cause. Further action on driver is secondary. Rule of driving cab passenger is getting paid. Upload to social media is a matter of code of conduct. Priorities. Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

actually, the crime is not in recording or taking photo...but in the sharing of the photo or video.

The problem is that even if you share this with our police, the likelihood is slim to none that they'll do anything to ensure you get your money back or that the passenger is penalised.

People resort to vigilantism principally when they feel that the establishment is failing to protect their interests. Helpless people do desperate things. The interesting thing is that this supposedly "strong" gahmen and its related agencies have proven to be most malleable to public sentiment. Too many cases to cite as examples here. But it seems that the more the public expresses outrage about something (where it doesn't cost the gahmen much to act), the more likely they are to take action.

remember the case recently , got 1 video show 2 ladys stealing something from some 1 corridor.

imagine the law now allow the 2 ladys to sue the owner for posting the video.

what is our world coming to??

i can only say if u dun want other to shame  u online, then make sure u have nothing for other to

shame u on 

as adult make sure u have your own proper social responsibility and ethics.

u want to behave like a moron, then scare ppl shame,u 

then we come out with law to protect them.

i find all this very  :a-bang:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Of cos not. Did the lady in this case intend to evade payment or can't pay because of misplaced bag?

Does the lady look very drunk to u? How much in moderation do u mean in this case? Can walk, can talk is OK?

Not okay obviously. I am replying to what you said:

they can't take cab because they might not be in the right state of mind to pay the fare?

If they are not in the right state of mind to pay the fare then they are too drunk to take a cab.

• Praise 1

I would say the alacrity with which the company fired the cabbie has a lot to do with the public outcry.

Which has a lot to do with the double standard I mentioned.

Which is why I "talked so much". I think it's unjust he's lost his ricebowl over this. If they are going to make this a new norm, they should be upfront about it and enforce the policy equitably. Regardless of the gender, race, SES, "demureness" etc etc of the passenger. You post anything related to your fare online in public view, you forfeit your job.

I'd be OK if I saw this as being enforced fairly from now on.

i would say the public outcry on social media not necessary one way (some got it right but many get it wrong), also depend on the intention and agenda of the one recording, there are different voices in this case but the company policy set the SOP, if he called the police and let the company handle it, i am sure he will get paid eventually.

Not okay obviously. I am replying to what you said:

If they are not in the right state of mind to pay the fare then they are too drunk to take a cab.

there are many half drunk, full drunk take taxi home everyday, if the taxi don't wish to take a drunkard then make sure they dun go to those places. I know taxi driver who only wait at hospitals at night.

Supercharged

The problem is that even if you share this with our police, the likelihood is slim to none that they'll do anything to ensure you get your money back or that the passenger is penalised.

People resort to vigilantism principally when they feel that the establishment is failing to protect their interests. Helpless people do desperate things. The interesting thing is that this supposedly "strong" gahmen and its related agencies have proven to be most malleable to public sentiment. Too many cases to cite as examples here. But it seems that the more the public expresses outrage about something (where it doesn't cost the gahmen much to act), the more likely they are to take action.

hehe i agree with you in this aspect.  i also find that there's some small part of the driver's behaviour reasonable and plausible, despite the overwhelming deluge of comments that pin the blame entirely on him.  that's why so far i have not commented until now, dreading having to debate with people that cannot see such light.

• Praise 1

no... all this happened because passenger did not pay fare. She can be drunk all she wants but if she paid her fare this wouldn't happen. So passenger did not pay fare, driver kpkb and escalated, and taxi company should address the cause. Further action on driver is secondary. Rule of driving cab passenger is getting paid. Upload to social media is a matter of code of conduct. Priorities.

I agree.

If CDG sacked the driver solely because of this incident, then CDG had over-reacted and had not been a fair employer. This was probably just a letter of warning incident at most.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

I have to agree.

I wonder if its becos they think they very steady drive Mercy cab / Chrysler cab

Or maybe they used to be big Boss or some Senior executive. I dont know.

Confirm inferiority complex, need to boost own ego.

But thats more than 50% of Singaporeans anyway.....

wah boss....pang chance lah

i also low income 165 kg peasant storeman with inferiority complex

can advise proper way to boost my ego or not?

[smallcry] 

Edited by Enye

TD should have escalated to the taxi company, or the police.

I am sure there is a code of conduct to be a CDG hirer, and the very fact that this TD was terminated by CDG shows that he violated that code of conduct.

I was referring to the action of posting video on social media. But again, you are lumping the two matters together.

1. Non-payment of fare

2. Posting of video on social media as form of harrassment

I am referring to point 2.

As for point 1, it is for those related to the case to know. I'm quite sure they (TD, passenger, CDG, police) don't need to answer to you or any other tom, dick, or harry or me.

no... all this happened because passenger did not pay fare. She can be drunk all she wants but if she paid her fare this wouldn't happen. So passenger did not pay fare, driver kpkb and escalated, and taxi company should address the cause. Further action on driver is secondary. Rule of driving cab passenger is getting paid. Upload to social media is a matter of code of conduct. Priorities.

Twincharged

Nowadays, it's :

1. Not happy ?

2. Take out your camera and start recording.

Then post it on facebook or other social media to shame the other party.

Better think twice, if you think you can get away with it.

Yesterday I came across a YouTube video when a fella recorded cars making a huge uturn during the amber light and then beating the red light when comparing the uturn.

Really boh liao....

Twincharged
(edited)

TD should have escalated to the taxi company, or the police.

I am sure there is a code of conduct to be a CDG hirer, and the very fact that this TD was terminated by CDG shows that he violated that code of conduct.

I was referring to the action of posting video on social media. But again, you are lumping the two matters together.

1. Non-payment of fare

2. Posting of video on social media as form of harrassment

I am referring to point 2.

As for point 1, it is for those related to the case to know. I'm quite sure they (TD, passenger, CDG, police) don't need to answer to you or any other tom, dick, or harry or me.

probably Comfort tell him LLST. you ask me i ask who attitude. fare cheats are part and parcel of the job.

bottomline is anyone can cheat anyone, and ah gong doesn't give a damn, but no one can cheat ah gong!

Edited by Mkl22

(edited)

I know that CDG have a SOP to protect TDs against fare cheats. But to be honest I don't know whether every case is followed through or not.

This Merc TD is not the only TD in SG. I am sure there are many more who encountered fare cheats before. So what makes this Merc TD so special that he can post such video on social media?

I have no problems with him recording the video, it can always be submitted to CDG or police for investigation.

But to post it on social media is like planting a mine blindfolded in a field and then having to walk through the field later. If lucky, nothing happens. If unlucky, the mine blows up in your face :D

Oh ya that part about Ah Gong... how true... even if you die, they will also claw it back from your descendants...

probably Comfort tell him LLST. you ask me i ask who attitude. fare cheats are part and parcel of the job.

bottomline is anyone can cheat anyone, and ah gong doesn't give a damn, but no one can cheat ah gong!

Edited by Beehive3783

Everybody feels they can destroy somebody's life with camera and keyboard.

The reverse can also be true.

Depends on the intention of the fingers on camera and keyboard.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1