Singapore Private Property prices still up or down? Part III

pChou

Bro mercs, if got fully paid up pte property and buy another pte, still kena ABSD or not?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

These HDB terraces have around 50 years lease left.

Still left 50 years lease, consider quite long before these area can be redeveloped.  [:p]  Actually these HDB terraces take up lots of space, i saw those terraces in Jalan Bahagia, due to these flats scatter around the road, the road there cannot be widen and realigned.  [rolleyes]  Queenstown HDB terraces still ok since the flats did not affected the roads there so much.

• Praise 1

Bro mercs, if got fully paid up pte property and buy another pte, still kena ABSD or not?

Transfer to single name then use another single name without property to buy. Only way to avoid ABSD.

But there are risks involved and the buying person has to clear TDSR.

Can expect a combo of depreciation and a long period of low interest rate in the near future to cope.
  • Praise 2

Transfer to single name then use another single name without property to buy. Only way to avoid ABSD.

But there are risks involved and the buying person has to clear TDSR.

Can expect a combo of depreciation and a long period of low interest rate in the near future to cope.

I see. Thot no outstanding loan can chiong since ah gong is worried that ppl overstretch their finances
  • Praise 1

I see. Thot no outstanding loan can chiong since ah gong is worried that ppl overstretch their finances

On paper scared people overstretch but that already fully settled by TDSR.

Now private property is positioned as a luxury good, need to be taxed especially bought as second onwards (non-residential or investment).

• Praise 2

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3022220/hype-smoke-and-hot-air-clouding-singapore-real-estate

'Hype, smoke, and hot air’ clouding Singapore real estate

-There is no shortage of optimism about the Lion City’s housing market, but experts say that confidence is misplaced

-Rising foreclosures and stagnating home loans growth against the backdrop of a worsening global economic outlook need to be taken into account

• Praise 3

Here you go bro soya. Yes, still applies ...

I think you should be asking about TDSR? [;)]

post-18880-0-48225500-1565694945_thumb.jpg

• Praise 15

These HDB terraces have around 50 years lease left.

Apparently, some do not seem to mind [;)]

HDB terrace near Whampoa sold for record price of nearly S$1.2 million

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/hdb-terrace-bahagia-whampoa-sold-for-record-price-million-10953454

Nov 2018

"The three-room property has 52 years remaining on the 99-year lease, which began in 1972."

https://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/in-focus/older-flats-defy-depreciation-concerns-sales-hit-record-high-in-q1

Older flats defy depreciation concerns as sales hit record high in Q1

May 2019

Resale transactions of HDB flats 40 years & above -

post-18880-0-00925500-1565695363.png

• Praise 9

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3022220/hype-smoke-and-hot-air-clouding-singapore-real-estate

'Hype, smoke, and hot airâ clouding Singapore real estate

-There is no shortage of optimism about the Lion Cityâs housing market, but experts say that confidence is misplaced

-Rising foreclosures and stagnating home loans growth against the backdrop of a worsening global economic outlook need to be taken into account

Many experts waiting to buy until necks all very long le.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

But not easy to pass the RES exams leh.....

Heard only top 20% can pass

My friend got a degree from NUS also fail..... :a-confused:

Wonder what it takes to pass? Anyone can share tips?

I am not sure what tips you need, but like all exams, you just need to study real hard for it. 

The syllabus itself is not tough, but I feel a lot of candidates are taking this while having some other jobs and totally underestimated the paper.  When I took this exam,  I prepared for it full time. 

Memory work will not be enough to pass this exam.  You can memorise the entire HDB & URA website and still fail in this paper  The exam test your application knowledge and it is hard when the candidate has not even been an agent yet! So your knowledge + logical deduction & reasoning has to be very strong. The section on answering 2 case studies would probably killed a lot of candidates.

The only advise I can give is practice the model exam questions like you have never done before in your entire education life. If you think you had enough of the practice, do another 50 questions more. Never underestimate this paper even if you are a lawyer or doctor.

This is probably one of the toughest industry certification exam to pass today.  If you are thinking of joining this line for the money, then look elsewhere. There are less agonising way to make money.  You need to be really passionate about serving home-owners where their pain is your pain and their investment success is your only measurement of achievement & fulfillment.  Otherwise, you will be happier with your corporate job.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 7

I am not sure what tips you need, but like all exams, you just need to study real hard for it.

The syllabus itself is not tough, but I feel a lot of candidates are taking this while having some other jobs and totally underestimated the paper. When I took this exam, I prepared for it full time.

Memory work will not be enough to pass this exam. You can memorise the entire HDB & URA website and still fail in this paper The exam test your application knowledge and it is hard when the candidate has not even been an agent yet! So your knowledge + logical deduction & reasoning has to be very strong. The section on answering 2 case studies would probably killed a lot of candidates.

The only advise I can give is practice the model exam questions like you have never done before in your entire education life. If you think you had enough of the practice, do another 50 questions more. Never underestimate this paper even if you are a lawyer or doctor.

This is probably one of the toughest industry certification exam to pass today. If you are thinking of joining this line for the money, then look elsewhere. There are less agonising way to make money. You need to be really passionate about serving home-owners where their pain is your pain and their investment success is your only measurement of achievement & fulfillment. Otherwise, you will be happier with your corporate job.

Better off driving as Grab driver. Lol

Our economy has unexpected made a very sharp U-turn this year.  My guess is potential buyers will be holding back very large purchases such as property this year and next year.

Dow drops 450 points led by bank stocks after bond market flashes a recession warning

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/14/stock-markets-wall-street-in-focus-amid-earnings-economic-data.html

• Praise 1

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2019/8/182367/singapore-cuts-economic-forecast-for-this-year

Singapore Cuts Economic Forecast For This Year

The Singapore government slashed its full-year economic growth forecast to between zero growth and 1%, from its previous projection of between 1.5% and 2.5%, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said on Tuesday (13 August).

• Praise 5

https://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/private-condo-resales-322-882-units-in-july

Private condo resales up 32.2% to 882 units in July

Prices were down 0.5%.

Overall resale prices dipped 0.5% MoM but rose 0.1% YoY. Prices of resale condos located in the Rest of Central Region (RCR), Outside Central Region (OCR), and Core Central Region (CCR) fell across the board, registering declines of 1.1%, 0.3% and 0.1%, respectively.

CCR and RCR recorded YoY price decreases of 2.4% and 0.9%, respectively, whilst OCR recorded a YoY price increase of 1.8%.

The highest transacted price for a resale unit in the month was achieved at Boulevard Vue, where a high-floor unit was transacted at $17.5m. In RCR, the highest transacted price was a unit at Dakota Residences resold at $4.2m. In OCR, the highest transacted price was a unit at Bayshore Park resold at $3.3m.

post-18880-0-87943900-1565794021.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3