Kyoto Animation studio fire - 23 dead

Lala81

(edited)

Murderer. Set fire to the building...

We need to take note of fire escape plans in case of an emergency. Or at least know different exits out of buildings.

Kyoto Animation fire: At least 23 dead after suspected arson attack - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49027178

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Guess the explosion kinda caused more deaths and thick heavy smoke quickly led to ppl suffocating.

RIP. Speedy recovery to the injured. Hopefully those unaccounted for will be found......alive.

Safe ride

• Praise 1

We need to take note of fire escape plans in case of an emergency. Or at least know different exits out of buildings.

Kyoto Animation fire: At least 23 dead after suspected arson attack - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49027178

Could be some psycho there. Else dun understand why would anyone do it...

Yes, fire escape routes are important. Remember the AMK shop fire just a couple weeks ago? Within minutes it was totally out of control. If it was let's say in a shopping mall with few exits, things could have gone really bad.

Hypersonic

Could be some psycho there. Else dun understand why would anyone do it...

Yes, fire escape routes are important. Remember the AMK shop fire just a couple weeks ago? Within minutes it was totally out of control. If it was let's say in a shopping mall with few exits, things could have gone really bad.

That pyscho seems to be accusing the studio of stealing his idea. Witness heard him shouting " you copied it", "you ripped me off".
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Actually.. those small buildings, it should be easy to just run up to the roof, but fact is, even in Singapore, many buildings lock the roof access door. So if fire block the way down, ... die.

"

Firefighters said they had found 33 bodies, two on the first floor, 11 on the second floor and 20 on the stairs from the third floor to the top floor, he said"

I don't know the fire safety regulations, but locked roofs are a common thing.

Edited by Playtime

(edited)

Actually.. those small buildings, it should be easy to just run up to the roof, but fact is, even in Singapore, many buildings lock the roof access door. So if fire block the way down, ... die.

"

Firefighters said they had found 33 bodies, two on the first floor, 11 on the second floor and 20 on the stairs from the third floor to the top floor, he said"

I don't know the fire safety regulations, but locked roofs are a common thing.

I dunno. Running to the roof always seem to be a bad strat in my perspective haha. If there's anything I learned from 9/11. It's that 100% of the time, run down as fast as possible. Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

That pyscho seems to be accusing the studio of stealing his idea. Witness heard him shouting " you copied it", "you ripped me off".

Yup, read it too. It's some animation house right? So the psycho must be saying the firm stole his intellectual property, which he could have benefited from, but will no longer be credited to him...

It's really bad if the firm really did that, but to then kill so many people... 天理难容。。。

I dunno. Running to the roof always seem to be a bad strat in my perspective haha. If there's anything I learned from 9/11. It's that 100% of the time, run down as fast as possible.

Yes, run up sure die.

But if their own downward escape route(s) is/are blocked, then it's sitting duck :TT_TT:

The building doesnt look like it has adequate fire escape/exits. Like dont have at all. And this is coming from Japan.

From the pic, it looked like a very old estate, which maybe didn't have modern safety considerations incorporated when it was first built.

But Japan being so earthquake-prone, surely they must have some contingency escape plans since long time ago, so it's indeed strange.

(edited)

The building doesnt look like it has adequate fire escape/exits. Like dont have at all. And this is coming from Japan.

If you look at today's st A6 photo.

The roof is ok.

The roof door closed, but thick soot at door edge meaning fire and smoke in staircase.

Plus... many dead found at the top staircase. (Common in fires)

Clearly.. if roof door not locked , they could have gone to the roof top wait rescue instead of suffocate or burn to death at stairwell...

As I said earlier, many buildings in Singapore also lock the roof access, so in a fire where you cannot go down due to blocked by fire... you either jump out the window or die at the staircase.

Edited by Playtime
↡ Advertisement