• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic | 102 praises

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

Jeuda
  • Premium member
    Jeuda
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, 

2nd car, bought new. COE, Insurance, Road Tax start on same day. Have been paying & renewing for 3 years.

Then for past 1 week, have been trying to pay road tax renewal (6 mths) at onemotoring / AXS came back with insufficient coverage period.

Has LTA change something in their system?

Called LTA, lady says require insurance coverage for 1 more day. 

Called insurance, extend coverage need to pay. 

What is going on? 

Anyone experienced the same issue? 

Did you pay for the extension? 

1 Anonymous member praised this
-Honda Jazz 2007-

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:48 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Means ur Insurance started one day before u collected your car I guess. Insurance can start earlier one.

Ask them extend one more day, yes needs to pay.
PSP415, Hubwee and Yewheng praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Try to get a set of quotes and purchase the best one to cover you for another 1 year 1 day, then pay the road tax.

Yewheng praised this

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

Sx4falcon
  • Premium member
    Sx4falcon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Why no problem for the past 3 years but this year kenna? Did the insurance company made a mistake on the date for this round of renewal?

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

because leap year next year. so need to cover 1 more day.

Hubwee, Wormee, PSP415, James996 and Ody_2004 praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Jeuda
  • Premium member
    Jeuda
    Clutched
    Author Image

Means ur Insurance started one day before u collected your car I guess. Insurance can start earlier one.

Cannot be leh... say roadtax start 02 Jan.

You buy insurance from 02 Jan to next year 01 Jan. Right bo?

Will you buy from 02 Jan to next year 02 Jan?

Yes extension require to pay, but if industry norms is to buy 1 year.

Why do we need to buy 1 year + 1 day now?

Sure we can buy 1 year + 1 day. That would means that LTA system change.

That would create issues for car owners who bought 1 year only.

Some insurance company charge admin fee, i.e. $10 + insured rate $ per day. 

In principle, if there is a change in rule, why LTA never announce, why insurance company did not mention?

Why no problem for the past 3 years but this year kenna? Did the insurance company made a mistake on the date for this round of renewal?

Don't think so it is the mistake of insurance company... more like LTA change their system

If more car owners can affirm to this, then we know it is system change...

-Honda Jazz 2007-

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In principle, if there is a change in rule, why LTA never announce, why insurance company did not mention?

Don't think so it is the mistake of insurance company... more like LTA change their system

You can always buy insurance at your own cost at your discretion.  I recently bought 1 year+ insurance to cover the odd road tax expiry date too but during road tax renewal, I only renewed for 6 months if I recall correctly.

In the eyes of LTA, as long as the road tax renewal period is covered by insurance, they do not need to know whether you have purchased extra duration.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Did u read my post anot 😩
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Jeuda
  • Premium member
    Jeuda
    Clutched
    Author Image

Did u read my post anot 😩

Thought you joking... :(

You can always buy insurance at your own cost at your discretion.  I recently bought 1 year+ insurance to cover the odd road tax expiry date too but during road tax renewal, I only renewed for 6 months if I recall correctly.

In the eyes of LTA, as long as the road tax renewal period is covered by insurance, they do not need to know whether you have purchased extra duration.

Yes, if this continues, car owners will have to buy 1year + 1 day.

For road tax, you have the option to renew 6 months or 1 year.

I have colleagues who renewed back in May, nil issue.. with same old 1 year insurance policy.

-Honda Jazz 2007-

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thought you joking... :(

Yes, if this continues, car owners will have to buy 1year + 1 day.
For road tax, you have the option to renew 6 months or 1 year.

I have colleagues who renewed back in May, nil issue.. with same old 1 year insurance policy.

What's your period of coverage?

Sept to Feb?

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

Sx4falcon
  • Premium member
    Sx4falcon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Don't tell me your road tax start 1 Mar, but your insurance coverage was from 1 Mar 2019 - 28 Feb 2020? Then 29 Feb 2020 not covered liao lor....

Edited by Sx4falcon, 07 August 2019 - 04:21 PM.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Jeuda
  • Premium member
    Jeuda
    Clutched
    Author Image

What's your period of coverage?

Sept to Feb?

Insurance bought earlier, 26 Feb 2019 ~ 25 Feb 2020

Road tax to renew, 26 Aug 2019 ~ 25 Feb 2020

In order to renew road tax, my insurance now have to cover 26 Feb 2019 ~ 26 Feb 2020

Don't tell me your road tax start 1 Mar, but your insurance coverage was from 1 Mar 2019 - 28 Feb 2020? Then 29 Feb 2020 not covered liao lor....

haha...  so unfortunate..

-Honda Jazz 2007-

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Sx4falcon
  • Premium member
    Sx4falcon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

In order to renew road tax, my insurance now have to cover 26 Feb 2019 ~ 26 Feb 2020

Nothing wrong leh. Road tax renew to 25 Feb 2020, Insurance coverage is sufficient as it only need to cover till 25 Feb 2020. Why say short of 1 day coverage leh?

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Carbon82

Why not give a call to your insurer to check it out? Could it be the case that the insurer entered the wrong date into LTA system, thus resulting in the 1 day shortage in coverage?

E.g. cover letter of insurance stated 26 Feb 2019 - 25 Feb 2020, but LTA records provided by insurer shows coverage till 24 Feb 2020?

Nothing to do with leap year, as insurer will always cover full 1 year, regardless of date the insurance starts.

Uncle2 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Sx4falcon
  • Premium member
    Sx4falcon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Can check the insurance validity from onemotoring website.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha... so unfortunate..

Then it's not leap year. Need to call up LTA to ask why.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

sHy3r
  • Premium member
    sHy3r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

When is your car registered? Is it in-line with your insurance?

Your insurance is bought till 25 Feb 2020. But is your car registered on 26 Feb or 26 Aug?

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

More likely than not it's a screwup with the dates by the insurance company.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Did you change insurer for this year ?

Never have this problem before leh ........ As for as LTA is concern, it is reg date - 1 lor.

Keep us updated .... if LTA actually SCREWUP..

Hi all, 

2nd car, bought new. COE, Insurance, Road Tax start on same day. Have been paying & renewing for 3 years.

Then for past 1 week, have been trying to pay road tax renewal (6 mths) at onemotoring / AXS came back with insufficient coverage period.

Has LTA change something in their system?

Called LTA, lady says require insurance coverage for 1 more day. 

Called insurance, extend coverage need to pay. 

What is going on? 

Anyone experienced the same issue? 

Did you pay for the extension? 

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

Jeuda
  • Premium member
    Jeuda
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks for the input, guys. Was checking my in law's car.. Same error when renewing roadtax, insufficient coverage.

Bottomline is rule has changed, so anyone renewing insurance or road tax, pls note..

More likely than not it's a screwup with the dates by the insurance company.

Don't think so leh.. We agreed on the - 1 date of policy. It can't be wrong, more likely is LTA side either on policy or IT side..

When is your car registered? Is it in-line with your insurance?

Your insurance is bought till 25 Feb 2020. But is your car registered on 26 Feb or 26 Aug?

That is just an example. Insurance is for 1 year. Roadtax renewed every 6 months.

Then it's not leap year. Need to call up LTA to ask why.

Doubt that they will tell. I called earlier, lady just say "you need to cover 1 more day for your insurance"

Can check the insurance validity from onemotoring website.

One motoring can quote your insurance coverage when renewing road tax. See if I can attach example.
https://ibb.co/ZKVTnwq

Why not give a call to your insurer to check it out? Could it be the case that the insurer entered the wrong date into LTA system, thus resulting in the 1 day shortage in coverage?

E.g. cover letter of insurance stated 26 Feb 2019 - 25 Feb 2020, but LTA records provided by insurer shows coverage till 24 Feb 2020?

Nothing to do with leap year, as insurer will always cover full 1 year, regardless of date the insurance starts.

I have checked my past year insurance policy. Date is consistent. I am sure that there are people who will encounter the same thing.. My colleague, in law's, myself have the same error.
-Honda Jazz 2007-

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lta, onemotoring, roadtax, fwd and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users