• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
92 replies to this topic | 335 praises

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:18 AM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone mod your cars? With spoiler, body kits, new rims. Etc?

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Save your Money....these items will make your Elantra look like Ah Beng''s Car..

Freeder, Apple-Tree and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

SiLangKia
  • Premium member
    SiLangKia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahah left 2 years COE don't do first la, unless you plan to extend COE then wu hua if not wasted! 

My civic i only zhng after COE renewal, and my Subaru now, though I can think of alot of mods I wanna do I just tong first until I decide whether to renew ahahaha

That being said, for Elantra, a nice set of aftermarket rims can really enhance the looks. Also, can look at In car entertainment mods to enjoy better audio in the car etc

Freeder, Jamesc, Angcheek, Inlinefour, Ct3833, Carbon82, Uncle2 and 1 other member praised this

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Chip it! Especially turbo cars.

Won't waste money on cosmetic though.
Tohto and Ct3833 praised this

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:20 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Chip it! Especially turbo cars.

Won't waste money on cosmetic though.

2011 Elantra....Chip what.? [bigcry]  [:(]

For this Model,just change the Suspension are good enough...original Suspension really cannot make it.

Volvobrick praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe suspension components worn already. Even changing with stock will see vast improvements.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks all the pointers. It is true that too excessive mod will make the car look ah Beng.. minor add on would be ideal.my rim already 17inch...

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

Kia7200
  • Kia7200
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks all the pointers. It is true that too excessive mod will make the car look ah Beng.. minor add on would be ideal.my rim already 17inch...

Depending what u want

I lowered my car, upsized to 18" rim, change my stock front speakers. And also bought some stuff from tb

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:17 PM

thebutcher
  • Premium member
    thebutcher
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe lips/diffusers to enhance the look. Minimal on the aesthetics unless you wanna sit in front of your car and admire it all day.

Spend abit more on comfort (suspension, ICE, tyres) since you're in it most of the time.
Volvobrick praised this

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you have money to spend, my suggestion for the first things to do is to upgrade your suspension and brakes.

A good suspension (esp. dampers) will keep your car firmly planted on the ground when you move, corner and brake. A bad one, and your car will drive like a boat, swinging left and right, difficult to control.

But if you don't have money to spend, be like me, just drive a lot slower.  [laugh]

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:24 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Elantra with 17'' Rims already running quite low Profile Tyres,215/45 [thumbsup] ...don't upgrade further. [bigcry]

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Since we are on this topic, what is a real mod on a car? Performance definitely is. Aesthetics also is but to what extent? Stickers? Wheels? Bodykit?

For me I wouldn't dare say I modded my ride with bodykit and light weight wheels. To me it sounds just so wrong.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:14 AM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hello, you call adding spoiler, adding body kits and new rims are call mod?

To correct you,  they are just purely comestic beautify.

if you talk about modifications, is exhaust system and engine.

Please know what you are asking.

Edited by StreamRSZ, 12 August 2019 - 08:14 AM.

Discoburg praised this

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Please don't put a ah beng coffee table on the boots.

Since we are on this topic, what is a real mod on a car? Performance definitely is. Aesthetics also is but to what extent? Stickers? Wheels? Bodykit?

For me I wouldn't dare say I modded my ride with bodykit and light weight wheels. To me it sounds just so wrong.

Stickers is the BEST...
One sticker add 5hp.
Ysc3 and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[laugh]

Please don't put a ah beng coffee table on the boots.

Stickers is the BEST...
One sticker add 5hp.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:45 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

To each his own la.. if wanna mod do the best..
(1) Forged Rims
(2) New Michelin tyres
(3) front n back BBK
(4) PPS..
(5) Solar film.. pls don’t get the cheap type
(6) Shades
(7) sway bars
(8) iridium spark plugs
(9) alcantra leather seats
(10) new steering wheel
(11) ...
Ct3833 and car50 praised this

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

To each his own la.. if wanna mod do the best..
(1) Forged Rims
(2) New Michelin tyres
(3) front n back BBK
(4) PPS..
(5) Solar film.. pls don’t get the cheap type
(6) Shades
(7) sway bars
(8) iridium spark plugs
(9) alcantra leather seats
(10) new steering wheel
(11) ...

This will be an overkill for a 8 Years old Elantra...

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I would suggest TS to do just regular servicing on his elantra for these 2 years can liao, no need to spend unnecessary on those bodykits or spoliers.

He can take these 2 years to save up to buy a proper performance sedan & ease his modding itch with better results.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:05 PM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

stick those power decals on the car. if don't like, still can take out. reversible  [thumbsup]

Discoburg praised this

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This will be an overkill for a 8 Years old Elantra...

Change car?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: modify accessories, cars and 1 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users