• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic | 7 praises

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

When I bought the 2nd hand car from car dealer..it has that nice fragrance inside the car.probably left by previous owner. After driving for 2 weeks..I keep feeling dizzy and headache.

Anyone experience this also? How to get rid of this smell?

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Atlantis80
  • Premium member
    Atlantis80
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Put charcoal inside the car to absorb the smell.

You can buy the charcoal from Daiso 

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

When I bought the 2nd hand car from car dealer..it has that nice fragrance inside the car.probably left by previous owner. After driving for 2 weeks..I keep feeling dizzy and headache.

Anyone experience this also? How to get rid of this smell?

Open your Windows,let the car ''Baked'' in the Hot Sun....Or send the car for Steam Cleaning...these Perfumes are Chemical..it is Poison....

Kb27 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Put charcoal inside the car to absorb the smell.
You can buy the charcoal from Daiso

Doing now....

Open your Windows,let the car ''Baked'' in the Hot Sun....Or send the car for Steam Cleaning...these Perfumes are Chemical..it is Poison....

This is what I think.i am inhaling poison for like everyday...and I keep feeling dizzy and sick lately...but once I stop driving for like 1-2 days..the dizzy spell wears away...

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Doing now....

If this don't help,the only way is follow my Advice.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

If this don't help,the only way is follow my Advice.

I might send my car to thoroughly clean the air con system inside. The fragrance already stuck inside the system. The source is from inside..

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I might send my car to thoroughly clean the air con system inside. The fragrance already stuck inside the system. The source is from inside..

You can try this way,Drive with Aircon Compressor off,full blast the Blower....for a 30 Mins drive...see..can it remove the smell...

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

You can try this way,Drive with Aircon Compressor off,full blast the Blower....for a 30 Mins drive...see..can it remove the smell...

Maybe it can works.thanks boss

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No need call be Boss...We are here to Help...

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Lol true. Thanks.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If this can work,just change the Air Con Filter...just want to know,what brand of Car you driving.?

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Lol ok thanks.

If this can work,just change the Air Con Filter...just want to know,what brand of Car you driving.?

Elantra. 2011

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Change aircon filter, wet wipe the dashboards, use charcoal, park under sun more often and lastly put pandan lol
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Change aircon filter, wet wipe the dashboards, use charcoal, park under sun more often and lastly put pandan lol

All thought of it already.will do all these stages by stages.

Just wondering if anyone here also kena this before..lol

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Club21z
  • Premium member
    Club21z
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Perfume mix with cigarette smell last time I kena. Just do fumigation and clear all smell.

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:25 PM

Kia7200
  • Kia7200
    5th Gear
    Author Image

All these artificial frangrances also don't know will cause cancer or not.

Nowadays I fill natural frangrances oil into those used car frangrance bottle

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Perfume mix with cigarette smell last time I kena. Just do fumigation and clear all smell.

The smell caused u to be dizzy and sick also?

All these artificial frangrances also don't know will cause cancer or not.

Nowadays I fill natural frangrances oil into those used car frangrance bottle

Best is no fragrance.just normal car smell already

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Even new car Smell also bad for Health... [bigcry]  [thumbsdown]  [:(]

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'd try to find a place that can steam clean the interior of the car.

Especially the seats.

Steam kills the bacteria which also cause bad smell.

If you have any artificial perfume or car fragrance, get rid of it.

They are VOC, gets into your lungs and who knows what damage it'll do to your body in the long term.

The best smell in your car is NO SMELL. That means, it's clean !

Same as for laundry. The best detergent doesn't make your clothes smell. Clean means no smell.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:21 AM

wangxiaodi
  • wangxiaodi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Even new car Smell also bad for Health... [bigcry] [thumbsdown] [:(]

Hmm.that is bad..

I'd try to find a place that can steam clean the interior of the car.
Especially the seats.
Steam kills the bacteria which also cause bad smell.

If you have any artificial perfume or car fragrance, get rid of it.
They are VOC, gets into your lungs and who knows what damage it'll do to your body in the long term.

The best smell in your car is NO SMELL. That means, it's clean !

Same as for laundry. The best detergent doesn't make your clothes smell. Clean means no smell.

Ya. Just threw away the small fragrance my wife bought few days ago...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: air freshener fragrance, car and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users