• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Made-in-Singapore sports car set to hit the road in 2023

Local firm Catalyst Motors in final stages of building rolling chassis for prototype vehicle

https://www.straitst...he-road-in-2023

Singapore's first electric supercar unveiled at Geneva Motor Show

https://www.straitst...neva-motor-show

Edited by awhtc, 13 August 2019 - 11:49 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not a subscriber. Can only read the first 2 lines.  

Supposed its the Electric car that opens its door to resemble the Orchid. Need to know what else it can do other than going fast both in speed and battery draining. 

Edited by Ichibawa, 13 August 2019 - 03:13 PM.

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe better to buy dyson car?
Volvobrick praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need Catalyst Motors or Dyson car to show the world we are masters of speed

We hv 2F2F PMDs!
Picnic06-Biante15 praised this

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hit the road, ok lah. Dont go hit the wall or hit a tree/lamp post/barrier.

Picnic06-Biante15 praised this
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the dumbaxx who design the doors ought to be shot. another desire to be the "first" in the world?

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:12 PM

ThreeSeventyZed
  • Premium member
    ThreeSeventyZed
    Clutched
    Author Image

Won’t be for the “mass majority” like me. It’ll cost millions to buy. 😅

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think it makes more sense to build a normal bread and butter saloon similar to the Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza at low OMV and and sell it in Singapore at an attractive price. 

Edited by Vinceng, 15 August 2019 - 09:14 AM.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think it makes more sense to build a normal bread and butter saloon similar to the Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza at low OMV and and sell it in Singapore at an attractive price. 

Attractive price means no need Import Tax or no need COE... :D  [laugh]

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mean no import tax?
Garage36.com

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:47 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Unlikely. SG has always wanted to be up there in the value chain.
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

pinto22sg
  • pinto22sg
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Singapore made new car will not be able to compete with the established model in the bread and butter category, because a new start up don't have the reputation, and the economies of scale. Also, Singapore local market is not big enough to self sustain an infant industry. So the only viable way into the market is to make exotic cars which don't sell in volume, but premium cars based on exquisivity.

Edited by pinto22sg, 17 August 2019 - 07:12 PM.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Totally absolutely disagree. It’s a waste of time

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

does it comes with a pre-installed/built-in IU unit?

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:43 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No cannot...must boost Singapore reputation

The car that should be built must at least be c segment and above to justify our margins and our value chain.

A car to suggest is the Hyundai Grandeur.
This is feasible as their assembly plant in Indonesia and India are not likely to asseble such vehicles, given the low market for them in SEA.However, there is some untapped potential in Oceania and maybe other rhd countries.

We can use it as a taxi too.
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Totally absolutely disagree. Itâs a waste of time

Actually, you are right!

Why waste money, time, effort and money to build a car assembly plant?

The SG govt makes more easy money selling paper (COE) worth the weight of gold.
Mkl22 praised this

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That will never happen la.

I also wonder why Govt is encouraging this and Dyson to come and build cars here, when they are obviously staunchly anti-car. Conflicting message leh.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: alfa romeo, supercars and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users