• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

Cirruslogic
  • Cirruslogic
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Installed iRoad X9 in my car last year. Had set the voltage threshold to 11.8 V. Went for a vacation for 7 days. When I came back I could not unlock the car with smart key and could not start the engine. The iRoad had drained the car battery. So it looks like after it detects 11.8 V it does not disconnect the power. It still draws power from the car battery. Lesson learnt. Remove the power plug and USB cable from the camera if you are going on vacation. I don't know which workshops can install the battery pack that is discussed in some forums.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Installed iRoad X9 in my car last year. Had set the voltage threshold to 11.8 V. Went for a vacation for 7 days. When I came back I could not unlock the car with smart key and could not start the engine. The iRoad had drained the car battery. So it looks like after it detects 11.8 V it does not disconnect the power. It still draws power from the car battery. Lesson learnt. Remove the power plug and USB cable from the camera if you are going on vacation. I don't know which workshops can install the battery pack that is discussed in some forums.

I think 11.8V is too low, the recommended should be 12.3 or 12.4V. To be safe remove the wire at the camera. You can look for Nam Huat, they helped to remove and re-install the X9 from my old car and transfer to my new car. They should have the extra battery too. Call them 1st.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:06 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

11.8v is too low.

I dont think the camera drained the battery. It probably cut off at the set voltage of 11.8v. You must also consider other electrical components in the car is also draining the battery like car alarm system and the car's computer.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I kena the same problem even though I set the LBP at 12.3V on my prev iRoad T8. From then on, I unplug it whenever I go away for more than 5 days.

x9 has a power button. Can use that to power off. Or plug out the power cable to be double sure.

But don't forget to reconnect/power on when back. I forgot it once n drove around for weeks without the cam on. LOL

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Cirruslogic
  • Cirruslogic
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks everyone. I wish there was an external battery pack that could be put in the car. This external battery pack would supply 5V power to the iRoad or other 5V devices. The battery pack can be charged when driving. If the battery pack drains, only the iRoad and other 5V devices are affected. The car computer and car alarm are not affected by the battery pack draining.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

Tannl
  • Tannl
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks everyone. I wish there was an external battery pack that could be put in the car. This external battery pack would supply 5V power to the iRoad or other 5V devices. The battery pack can be charged when driving. If the battery pack drains, only the iRoad and other 5V devices are affected. The car computer and car alarm are not affected by the battery pack draining.

There are external battery packs that can be installed. I have a 6000mah cellink neo installed in my car.

And iroad x9 uses 12v by the way.

Edited by Tannl, 15 August 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:23 PM

Dinkydong
  • Premium member
    Dinkydong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

http://iroad.kr/global/?page_id=6127

maxresdefault.jpg

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: iroad, drains, battery, flat and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users