Most Improved Car Brands

wangxiaodi

Mitsubishi has a sad presence in Singapore due to our COE/Tax regime.

In Malaysia/Thailand, Mitsubishi has Triton, Pajero Sports & Outlander.

ah ok....these cars/trucks won't sell here

i still remember the beautiful mitsubishi galant many many years ago

Now hardly see any new Fords.

:D

i remember when i owned ford, i walk into the showroom, there were mondeo, mondeo wagon, focus, focus RS, mustang, kuga and C-max

now u walk in, can only see mustang and ranger, how sad.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The least improved car brand has got to be Perodua and Proton. After making cars for decades still cannot sell abroad but need protectionism to sustain it, shows how much this two brands have failed and fallen behind.

Actually this quite true. Cos I ever sat inside one when I was in msia. It was a grab car. But I felt quite comfy inside and the interior was cool and slick too.

Agree hands down.

Next one comes to mind behind Nissan and Mitsubishi is Suzuki.

Other brands are trying to improve, esp. Mazda. Even Subaru. KIA and Hyundai too, needless to say.

In defence of Suzuki, even though i dont quite like their cars, their Ertiga is quite decent if priced sub 70k.It is a pity that they did not bring it in...for what i remembered, even the bland older model was quite spacious even in the third row...it was better than the Kia Carens,iirc.

In defence of Suzuki, even though i dont quite like their cars, their Ertiga is quite decent if priced sub 70k.It is a pity that they did not bring it in...for what i remembered, even the bland older model was quite spacious even in the third row...it was better than the Kia Carens,iirc.

there was a time when the swift was quite popular, an alternative to colt and jazz, now hardly see it

but then suzuki was never mainstream in sg, like toyota or nissan

i still recall nissan sunny, latio and lancer roaming our roads in big numbers a good 5-10 years ago. they just never improve on that

On the world stage, and not just our tiny SG market, Hyundai/Kia Group has to be the most improved brand(s) over the last 15 years.

During this time it has morphed from a maker of budget-price but insipid cars, to one that is seen to compete with the other big mass manufacturers on equal terms in most major markets in the world, even in Europe. The Sante Fe/Sorento dominates the large SUV segment there with a market share of more than 50% for example.

It is no wonder that they are the 5th largest car company in 2018 and is closing in on GM for the 4th position. 

• Praise 5

there was a time when the swift was quite popular, an alternative to colt and jazz, now hardly see it

but then suzuki was never mainstream in sg, like toyota or nissan

i still recall nissan sunny, latio and lancer roaming our roads in big numbers a good 5-10 years ago. they just never improve on that

Yeah. Nissan Sunny was really the peak of Nissan. The latio and slphy after that was quite a shocker. From slim, slick and timeless design of sunny to the squarish, boxy and "fugly" looking of latio and slphy.. Even the newer slphy was quite uncle-ish.. maybe more mature owner would go for this. Not appealing to younger and female drivers.

Yeah. Nissan Sunny was really the peak of Nissan. The latio and slphy after that was quite a shocker. From slim, slick and timeless design of sunny to the squarish, boxy and "fugly" looking of latio and slphy.. Even the newer slphy was quite uncle-ish.. maybe more mature owner would go for this. Not appealing to younger and female drivers.

Somehow the various Sunny(s) through the years did not strike me as slim, slick or timeless leh...unless you are referring to this:

Picture credit to friend received via WhatsApp

post-2139-0-24283700-1566536037_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Haha yes, I think 20 years ago Sunny was the default car to buy, 66% of my company then drove Sunny.

• Praise 1

Perodua MYVI is exported to Indonesia as Daihatsu Sirion.

Perodua Bezza is exported to Pakistan as Toyota Etios.

U got it! Frog in deep deep well spotted.

Haha yes, I think 20 years ago Sunny was the default car to buy, 66% of my company then drove Sunny.

Between the year 2000 to 2002 sunny indeed was the default car every household would buy. I still remember my friend bought two 2001 Sunny supper saloon trim, one for his father and one for himself.  [laugh]

Edited by 13177

Between the year 2000 to 2002 sunny indeed was the default car every household would buy. I still remember my friend bought two 2001 Sunny supper saloon trim, one for his father and one for himself.  [laugh]

Last time no need forum to discuss which car good which car bad which car to buy, buy car ah? Sunny lor. But I did not buy Sunny and came to regret my decision.  [bigcry]

Last time no need forum to discuss which car good which car bad which car to buy, buy car ah? Sunny lor. But I did not buy Sunny and came to regret my decision.  [bigcry]

Why regret? So what did you bought?

Between the year 2000 to 2002 sunny indeed was the default car every household would buy. I still remember my friend bought two 2001 Sunny supper saloon trim, one for his father and one for himself. [laugh]

Remembered following a fren to go check out the Sunny during then. Wah sei....tan chong showroom at bt.timah maciam fish market sia

Remembered following a fren to go check out the Sunny during then. Wah sei....tan chong showroom at bt.timah maciam fish market sia

Confirmed tan chong showroom back then fish market la, during that period Sunny was the top selling car model, even corolla also lose lo.

Why regret? So what did you bought?

I bought one of the earlier car with CVT Transmission (Mitsubishi Lancer) and the transmission totally failed one month after the 2-year warranty is over.

How about Alfa Romeo as one of the most improved car brands?

The Giuglia and Stelvio, especially the latter was making waves in much of the car review column

Confirmed tan chong showroom back then fish market la, during that period Sunny was the top selling car model, even corolla also lose lo.

Even then I was scratching my head on WTF was the appeal of the Sunny

Cefiro was another 'hot' one. Even remembered one of my senior in the office was so proud of it he told me "maybe one day u can oso afford to buy it"....lol

my dad had the nissan bluebird, haha. iconic name

↡ Advertisement