Man steals basin tap from police station

Lala81

Hahaha epic. I can't stop laughing.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-jailed-for-stealing-tap-from-woodlands-police-station-11810436

SINGAPORE: A man who stole a tap from a police station in Woodlands and installed it in his own home was jailed for three months on Thursday (Aug 15).

Seah Kian Li, 50, was at Woodlands Police Division HQ on Mar 1 to bail his brother out from the police station when he filched the tap worth S$171.20 from the basin.

The theft was discovered almost a month later on Mar 28, when a cleaning supervisor noticed that a tap was missing from the toilet.

Madam Hanisah Isnin reported it to the facility manager for the police station, who conducted some checks and reported the matter to a divisional logistics officer for Woodlands Police Division.

The officer checked closed-circuit television footage and saw Seah unscrewing the basin tap and taking it away.

After Seah was identified, the officer lodged a police report at Woodlands West Neighbourhood Police Centre on Apr 16.

Advertisement

The tap thief's home was raided and the stolen basin tap was found fixed on the basin in his toilet.

It was recovered and seized as a case exhibit and Seah was arrested.

He later admitted that he had gone to the toilet while at the station that night to bail his brother out when he noticed that a tap at the basins was loose.

He checked it and realised that it was suitable for his home toilet basin, and decided to steal it.

He unscrewed the tap with his hands and took it home, despite knowing it was public property belonging to the Government of the Republic of Singapore, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Foo Shi Hao.

Seah pleaded guilty to one charge of vandalism on Thursday. The prosecutor said he would leave the handling of the seized tap to the police.

For vandalism, Seah could have been jailed for up to three years or fined a maximum S$2,000.

Source: CNA/ll(mn)
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-jailed-for-stealing-tap-from-woodlands-police-station-11810436

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Reading the article, I have 2 questions:

1) If the tap costs $172.20, I'm wondering what 'special' tap that is and why we're paying so much for it.

2) What's more, it's stated that perpetrator was caught on CCTV unscrewing the tap - You mean there's a CCTV in the toilet as well??

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 9

1) If the tap costs $172.20, I'm wondering what 'special' tap that is and why we're paying so much for it.

2) What's more, it's stated that perpetrator was caught on CCTV unscrewing the tap - You mean there's a CCTV in the toilet as well??

Aiyah nothing compared to $1M Rubbish Shed.  They will tell you this is very cheap already compared to golden ones in some charity organisation office hor.

Maybe they can even claim spending more to furnish up their office actually helps the sg economy be growing the retail and construction revenues.

• Praise 4

Leave no dark corner mah.. haha.. https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2716905-leave-no-dark-corner/

Jokes aside, probably Police station needs surveillance in toilet as well because of Mas Selamat case.

• Praise 9

wonder how they pass audit

I also have 2...

1) tap stolen at polis HQ, why need to report at neighborhood station?

2) since prison cell is also ah gong property, can bring the tap there to use?

What brand is the Tap to cost $170?

Who approved ?

Tap installation is slipshod

Who approved?

Can remove with bare hands without tools?

Who is the contractor??!!??!?

Who approved?

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Moral of the story...never never go police station borrow toilet, there got cctv watching u pee wan! :XD:

• Praise 1

Need thorough polis investigation for:

(1) Why tap loose no one fix

(2) Why lousy loose tap can cost $170

(3) Why tap missing 1 month no one notice?

(4) Why tap remove but no water spout out?

(5) Why got CCTV in toilet?

(6) Why polis report polis at another polis station?

(7) Why one tap oso got warrant to do polis raid? (PMD and AMDK give more trouble but polis not involved)

(8) Why got such a stupiak thief?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4