AC Issues

Goldenvodka

there's a possibility that the cooling cool is frozen at that period of time, thus halted the cooling effect.

at higher speed, your engine RPM is higher, and it spins your compressor at a higher RPM, pushing your compressor to cool the cooling cool faster and cooler until it reaches a freezing point, especially if AC temperature is set at the lowers (coolest).

next time, you can try, to adjust the temperature not so cold, thus allowing the thermostat to have some time gap to cool down before it keeps freezing the cooling coil.

Just sharing my old experience.

Edited by spinergy25
↡ Advertisement

Wah, so many pattern.

Actually, most compressor can only tahan up to 4500~5000rpm max.  Beyond that, either the compressor will break or the pressure become too high lor.

It is likely that the pressure become too high and the pressure sensor flagged to trip the compressor lor

And why pressure become too high, over fill of gas and even oil lor.

For me, I hardly or never top up gas or oil lor ...... and when I did, the evaporator died a few months after.  Of course, could be aging la, or already leaking.  This is really hor, beyond my scope lor.....

So, if aircon is already working, why fix it lor. No top up la, cleanse pipe la ..... whatever.  What ? Aircon got smell ? Just turn the temp to max for 5~10mins and all smell cooked lor ........

I have a weird AC Issue.

It doesn’t occur in Singapore as drive max is only 1 hour+

Last Long weekend I went to Malaysia and drove my vehicle for 5 6 hours non stop. At around 120 to 150km/h

Ac seems to not work after 3 4 hours of driving and was blowing out not so cold air. Front driver seat was fine but passenger is suffering.

Upon reaching Singapore. Speed was reduced to 90 100km/h. AC start to blow out freezing cold air again.

Temp gauge was half way point which is normal. Coolant EO all in its reasonable limit

At the point of time. NSHW outside temperature is about 38 to 40c range

there's a possibility that the cooling cool is frozen at that period of time, thus halted the cooling effect.

at higher speed, your engine RPM is higher, and it spins your compressor at a higher RPM, pushing your compressor to cool the cooling cool faster and cooler until it reaches a freezing point, especially if AC temperature is set at the lowers (coolest).

next time, you can try, to adjust the temperature not so cold, thus allowing the thermostat to have some time gap to cool down before it keeps freezing the cooling coil.

Hi, I second that.

It's easy to conclude, since issue only occurs in long distance drives.

Car air con do not work that way. Its not a home air con.

Regardless of what temp is set at the thermostat, the cutting in and out of the compressor is the same.

Last year did a gas topup, was told to watch my compressor, cutoff intermitently.

After one year, only hot air even in highway, went in jb near the KSL, replaced the whole cooling systems, a recon compressor, a oem new cooling coil and condenser as the old systems lasted me 15years. Damage 1000rm.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, Newowner2009 said:

My ac experience hot air blowing in, when the weather is hot . 

Typically is what component spoil ?

I realize it is happening when weather is hot after collecting car .  The air is hot blowing inside 

Will only get cold air when traveling at highway. 

But even at lowest setting, it is not as cold as like last time 

↡ Advertisement