Singaporean driver paid RM28k in fine in JB

StreetFight3r

Singaporean driver pays RM28,000 in traffic fines in Johor Bahru

JOHOR BAHRU: A Singaporean man paid outstanding fines of RM28,000 (S$9,200) in Johor Bahru on Sunday (Sep 29) after he was detained by the police.

The man, who is in his 60s, has had 116 traffic summonses issued against him since 2000, said Bukit Aman traffic investigation and enforcement department deputy director Mohd Nadzri Hussain. 

A total of 3,174 fines were settled during the three-day operation, with Singaporeans making up 2,687 of the figure.

“As of this morning, we managed to collect about RM611,000 in traffic fines and summonses at both locations," said Mohd Nadzri, adding that the amount collected is expected to reach RM75,000 by midnight. 

JOHOR BAHRU: A Singaporean man paid outstanding fines of RM28,000 (S$9,200) in Johor Bahru on Sunday (Sep 29) after he was detained by the police.

The man, who is in his 60s, has had 116 traffic summonses issued against him since 2000, said Bukit Aman traffic investigation and enforcement department deputy director Mohd Nadzri Hussain. 

The 10th series of the operation which involved 116 personnel was conducted at the Gelang Patah R&R, Iskandar Puteri and at Muzium Tokoh, Jalan Lingkaran Dalam.

There have been 247,278 outstanding traffic summonses recorded since 2000, said Mohd Nadzri. 

He reminded traffic offenders to check the status of their summonses and make payments at two kiosks at the traffic division office of the Johor Bahru selatan district police headquarters.

For Singaporean drivers, payment can also be made at AXS machines.

“Payments can also be made at the COPS traffic counter at all district police headquarters and summons checking can also be done through MyEg portal at www.myeg.com.my and rilek.com.my,” he said.

Mohd Nazri said once the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) comes into force, traffic offenders from Singapore must first settle all their summonses before being allowed to return. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/singaporean-driver-outstanding-fines-johor-vep-11953802

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

How does they link all the 116 traffic offences to that man? Traffic offences was from year 2000. He had been driving the same car for the past 19 years?

Or he had retained the same number plate?

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Spurman said:

A move against corruption in bolehland and mostly a timely reminder to us singaporeans do not speed liao in malaysia.

Most of the AES speed cameras are easy to spot and have yellow warning signs posted before the cameras.

Good tip is to tag along with a speeding msian car - if they slow down suddenly and obey speed limit for no apparent reasons, likely because of speed cam ahead.

Edited by Ceecookie

59 minutes ago, Spurman said:

A move against corruption in bolehland and mostly a timely reminder to us singaporeans do not speed liao in malaysia.

If we expect foreigners to respect our law, then we must do the same reciprocal to respect theirs as well. 

Interestingly, if the boleh land could implement something to weed out all the u paid fines , we should  feel really mbarrasing  that we cant do anything to the errant drivers from the boleh land.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

If we expect foreigners to respect our law, then we must do the same reciprocal to respect theirs as well. 

Interestingly, if the boleh land could implement something to weed out all the u paid fines , we should  feel really mbarrasing  that we cant do anything to the errant drivers from the boleh land.

Can do. But ICA probably says up yours. I’m sure URA, LTA, TP, HDB all want to push ICA to help them collect. But ICA is probably busy as they are and short handed already. Then Kenna thrown this thankless task which doesn’t benefit them. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Its high time that the LTA paid attention to the heavily-tinted Malaysian cars, motorbikes with bent license plates and tiny license plate characters with super tight spacing and irregular fonts, as well as straight pipes driving and riding around Singapore with impunity. Even if you don't want to enforce Singapore vehicle regulations upon them, at least turn them away at the checkpoints. 

• Praise 6

11 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Its high time that the LTA paid attention to the heavily-tinted Malaysian cars, motorbikes with bent license plates and tiny license plate characters with super tight spacing and irregular fonts, as well as straight pipes driving and riding around Singapore with impunity. Even if you don't want to enforce Singapore vehicle regulations upon them, at least turn them away at the checkpoints. 

Agree with you. Some local cars have the same tint too. Talking about MY m/bikes, I just saw one with small font  golden numbers. 

IMG20190926070241.jpg

51 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Hopeless one lah.... PMDs so slow also cannot catch, Malaysian cars/bikes how to catch?

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Hopeless one lah.... PMDs so slow also cannot catch, Malaysian vars/bikes joe to catch?

Want or don’t want only. They got so many overzealous inspectors at VICOM they surely can send some over to Woodlands and Tuas. Want or don’t want only - call one GeBIZ contract and the service will appear. 

Else only know how to bully kakilang and close one eye to outsider!

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

MY problem is most of the records, ie parking, speeding, state, federal, local offences are not linked into a single system, don’t think our ICA will unintentionally allow any foreign vehicle with unpaid fines from entering SG.  

We started first and MY has to respond lah  Lol

50 Malaysian vehicles turned away due to outstanding fines 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/50-malaysian-vehicles-turned-away-due-to-outstanding-fines?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2019-09-29 21%3A09%3A16

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

did he not pull out the card

abang, i only got RM50 left in my wallet and no credit card? muahahaha

E3B26518-A8C6-454E-8659-858E6DAA4CA3.jpeg

9.3k?  Can buy a 2 digit number plate. 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

did he not pull out the card

abang, i only got RM50 left in my wallet and no credit card? muahahaha

E3B26518-A8C6-454E-8659-858E6DAA4CA3.jpeg

The fact that he could chalk up 116 fines goes to reflect how recalcitrant he is when he cross the causeways. 

• Praise 1

let ah gong collect $32M (RM96M) first then got talk ... 

unless sinkies all go over jb and then swap number plate? [sly] [hur][laugh]

CED140DB-1F7C-4FE8-BB74-11F5E3E734A6.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

3 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

How does they link all the 116 traffic offences to that man? Traffic offences was from year 2000. He had been driving the same car for the past 19 years?

Or he had retained the same number plate?

high chance some special numbers that is retained onto every new car lor. 

I am just surprise that they keep records for 19 years...:huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1