A/C pro air con sealant

nigel8210

Anybody tried the above product or similar products before

It only works for small car A/C leaks, but perhaps worth while if the small leaks happen at the evaporator (aka cooling coil) which might require dash board dismantling to install a new coil

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, nigel8210 said:

Anybody tried the above product or similar products before

It only works for small car A/C leaks, but perhaps worth while if the small leaks happen at the evaporator (aka cooling coil) which might require dash board dismantling to install a new coil

The thing about aircon leak hor is you dunno is big or small one. My take for aircon is this if you are feeling rich and you wanna get it over and done with, then just change the coil and pipe to permanently fix the problem, if not then just keep pumping air con gas lor. Nowadays got the dye also. So you will roughly know where is the leak at.

My honda previous also experience aircon problem. Then I think i pump like 3 times aircon gases before i really go and repair.

(edited)

i put the dye liao, outside cannot see any leak at the joints or condensor

but I can smell something inside the cabin after I put the dye, I heard in this case most likely its the cooling coil leak, but repair cost about $1000 plus because of the extensive labor to dismantle the dash to do the job,

I heard using sealant sometimes after a while can clogged even the compressor hence a bit scare to try leh

Edited by nigel8210
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
28 minutes ago, nigel8210 said:

i put the dye liao, outside cannot see any leak at the joints or condensor

but I can smell something inside the cabin after I put the dye, I heard in this case most likely its the cooling coil leak, but repair cost about $1000 plus because of the extensive labor to dismantle the dash to do the job,

I heard using sealant sometimes after a while can clogged even the compressor hence a bit scare to try leh

Yah. that's why I pump gases for 3 times. hahaha. I am an old school person. I don't think the sealant will help anything. Usually, this kind of product is a bit of placebo effect one.

You wanna see if the workshop can sell you the refrigerant? hahaha. Then you top up yourself. Until you BTH, then you send for repair.

The repair shop I go to is L&Kim Car Air Con at 3023 Ubi Rd 1 #01-62

Mr Loo is a very honest businessman. The only thing is the cash payment only. I cannot use card.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1