MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

Heard MG Singapore is planning to launch their new MG models-ZS/HS and ZSEV at Singapore Motorshow 2020- MG SGP and their upcoming website here

Anyone here has more info about pricings,specs, etc?

I foresee it’s the start of better quality 🇨🇳 made rides to come to 🇸🇬!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
Just now, Mkl22 said:

Doubt it will take off. Gonna be another dead brand in a couple of years. 

I bet to differ thou. I think MG has a good proposition. They have commercial, they have passenger and electric car. And their backing is SAIC. They may be built in China, but they have some influence as a conti car. I think there is still a market for MG. It might take a while for them to fight some market share.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I bet to differ thou. I think MG has a good proposition. They have commercial, they have passenger and electric car. And their backing is SAIC. They may be built in China, but they have some influence as a conti car. I think there is still a market for MG. It might take a while for them to fight some market share.

When people hear made in China cars,  majority will not buy. Nevertheless the agent is so brave to venture into this.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

When people hear made in China cars,  majority will not buy. Nevertheless the agent is so brave to venture into this.

MG has a CX5 rip off in the lineup. TEK trying to shoot their own foot?

Who will buy the CX5 if the same dealer can offer a rip off model for less money?

25 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I mean  for SG,  doubt this brand will be successful. Our market too small. And quota will be shrinking in the coming years. Tough tough. SEAT, OPEL, ALFA, FORD, all struggling even having been in the market so many years. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Within another decade, the world is gonna be flooded with MIC cars, given the vast variety of EVs and much better built quality (within its own price bracket).

It is no secret that many established automobiles manufacturers are rushing to form alliance / JV with Chinese auto manufacturers in bid to tap onto their EV technology and lower production cost.

As I have mentioned in the BYD thread, MIC cars today are very different from just a few years back. Try it out to feel for yourself before writing it off.

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Within another decade, the world is gonna be flooded with MIC cars, given the vast variety of EVs and much better built quality (within its own price bracket).

It is no secret that many established automobiles manufacturers are rushing to form alliance / JV with Chinese auto manufacturers in bid to tap onto their EV technology and lower production cost.

As I have mentioned in the BYD thread, MIC cars today are very different from just a few years back. Try it out to feel for yourself before writing it off.

I have to be fair. The Proton X70 is very well built. Sat in one in one of their showrooms. Design is pleasing also... Extremely un Proton like actually

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Already jag and tata motors went into the red. Some more very deep pockets for tata also very difficult to "tong". 

But then again jag quality drop after the merger, so quite expected

25 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Already jag and tata motors went into the red. Some more very deep pockets for tata also very difficult to "tong". 

But then again jag quality drop after the merger, so quite expected

Jag quality has always been terrible.

The historical recommendation for Jag ownership - Please own a second car (non-Jag) so that you have a car to use during the frequent workshop visits or breakdowns.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Jag quality has always been terrible.

The historical recommendation for Jag ownership - Please own a second car (non-Jag) so that you have a car to use during the frequent workshop visits or breakdowns.

It also has a Cantonese nickname... 一驾就挂。。 meaning... one drive and its broken down.. 

Very apt translation actually 

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I mean  for SG,  doubt this brand will be successful. Our market too small. And quota will be shrinking in the coming years. Tough tough. SEAT, OPEL, ALFA, FORD, all struggling even having been in the market so many years. 

It might if it’s priced right with COE...with the equipments/specs it offers with value for money more so than the Korean makes...

7 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Good to know there’s these majority around whom are clueless about MIC cars so that prices of MG can be kept competitive and for those whom will appreciate!

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

👏👏👏👍👍👍...fully agreed...The MIC rides of yesteryear’s Chery T11, QQ, Chana Benni are long gone...today’s MIC rides are the next upcoming Korean rides in the making...😉

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Strange the China influence x70 from proton is not making in roads to Singapore market 

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Strange the China influence x70 from proton is not making in roads to Singapore market 

There is no more local distributor for either Proton or Geely in 🇸🇬...perhaps the reason as well.

↡ Advertisement