Virus Exposes Cracks in Carmakers’ Chinese Supply Chains

awhtc

Turbocharged

Good read. And to spread the word automotive parts can be manufactured anywhere in the world, not only Japan or Germany. When suppliers say “original parts from Japan” or “wait for parts from japan”, I just wanna smack their face!!

• Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Good read. And to spread the word automotive parts can be manufactured anywhere in the world, not only Japan or Germany. When suppliers say “original parts from Japan” or “wait for parts from japan”, I just wanna smack their face!!

Best was an army mate during reservist driving a VW Jetta Mark V and telling everyone he's driving a car that is the same-same as Audi because "it's also made in Germany by the same parent company". 

I didn't have the heart to tell him his Jetta Mark V was made in Mexico. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

42 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Best was an army mate during reservist driving a VW Jetta Mark V and telling everyone he's driving a car that is the same-same as Audi because "it's also made in Germany by the same parent company". 

I didn't have the heart to tell him his Jetta Mark V was made in Mexico. 

You have a very good heart.

• Haha! 3

19 hours ago, Vid said:

There is no more made in. Should be assembled in

otherr way of saying is "designed in ....", like apple write on the back of their iphone "designed by apple in california".

they just never write made in china after that lol

Coronavirus Is Shutting Down Factories in China. Auto Makers Will Feel the Pinch.

Auto makers with major exposure to Hubei include Dongfeng Motor Group (DNFGY), General Motors (GM), Honda Motor (HMC), France’s Groupe PSA and the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance. The factory shutdowns will cause the loss of about 90,000 vehicles in Hubei alone, according to estimates from RBC Capital Markets analyst Joseph Spak.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/coronavirus-auto-makers-factories-parts-suppliers-china-hubei-51580941049

16 hours ago, RadX said:

But u from

china wat, we all are anyway

Va-china 

those hardcore ones made in Singapore. Parents maybe made in Malaysia ....🤣

12 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Fiat warns of coronavirus risk to Europe car plant

Fiat Chrysler says the impact of the coronavirus epidemic could halt production at one of its European car plants within four weeks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51397677

This is good news, to me.

Fiat-Chrysler makes s***-boxes (personal opinion).

↡ Advertisement