The new norm for Taxis?

The new norm?

v-shield-cover-photo.jpg.d64fd5951c24eb1c0f231ae8d38de885.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis-3.jpg.0bd29c1852dbc870eb247fe31413c26d.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis-4-scaled.thumb.jpg.169f275a975dca3aa4e39eed4fa41813.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis.jpg.2e123306b7f2af1f32572b3bc88f0933.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2020/05/comfortdelgro-taxis-plastic-shield-trial/?fbclid=IwAR1_HuT5NXU-Fdr1nRaK8bxQuKUAna9H2e_DSN8E3VOmFlkukdOxYQLoyGI

400 ComfortDelGro taxis to install locally manufactured plastic shields to minimise contact

About 400 ComfortDelGro taxis will have a plastic shield installed to ensure social distancing between passengers and drivers as part of a trial.

The trial will see the taxis fitted with a plastic cover called V-shield which aims to minimise contact between cabbies and their passengers.

About 50 taxis will be installed every week from now, according to the news release.

V-shields are locally-manufactured and trademarked by Moove Media, a subsidiary of ComfortDelGro Corporation.

Measuring 1m x 0.7m x 0.6m, the V-shield covers the driver’s cabin entirely and is made of "unbreakable" plastic material to protect the drivers from any violent physical harm, the news release added.

It also comes with two openings to facilitate payments on board.

The shield encases only the driver’s cabin area and does not obstruct airflow in the rest of the taxi.

If the trial proves to be successful, more taxis will have V-shield installed.

Previously A PHV driver did the same

private-hire-driver-shield.png.b24d5775d105910f314488a70139ad15.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Still sharing the same aircon and virus will circulate in the cabin. I doubt the effectiveness.

• Praise 4

4 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Still sharing the same aircon and virus will circulate in the cabin. I doubt the effectiveness.

Wind down the window, better than nothing. Now cloth mask also can use I think the point is something is better than nothing.

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Got use meh? Still got gaps. 

Better than nothing right now. Protect as best as they can. Good on CDG for providing their drivers with this.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Since Jan, i wind down window when take taxi or PHV.  Plus wear mask.

Took Grab once. Abit paiseh to wind down the window. Good habit to have now.

• Praise 2

Just now, StreetFight3r said:

Took Grab once. Abit paiseh to wind down the window. Good habit to have now.

I wear mask boarding PHV.  Tell driver that i will wind down window.  Driver usually no problem with it.  They also scare what.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I wear mask boarding PHV.  Tell driver that i will wind down window.  Driver usually no problem with it.  They also scare what.

Driver will be happier. Save petrol. Think the plastic might help a bit. Most drivers are old and unhealthy. They need every protection.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

The new norm?

v-shield-cover-photo.jpg.d64fd5951c24eb1c0f231ae8d38de885.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis-3.jpg.0bd29c1852dbc870eb247fe31413c26d.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis-4-scaled.thumb.jpg.169f275a975dca3aa4e39eed4fa41813.jpgComfortDelGro-Taxi-embarks-on-a-trial-of-a-trademarked-cabin-shield-called-V-Shield-in-400-taxis.jpg.2e123306b7f2af1f32572b3bc88f0933.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2020/05/comfortdelgro-taxis-plastic-shield-trial/?fbclid=IwAR1_HuT5NXU-Fdr1nRaK8bxQuKUAna9H2e_DSN8E3VOmFlkukdOxYQLoyGI

400 ComfortDelGro taxis to install locally manufactured plastic shields to minimise contact

About 400 ComfortDelGro taxis will have a plastic shield installed to ensure social distancing between passengers and drivers as part of a trial.

The trial will see the taxis fitted with a plastic cover called V-shield which aims to minimise contact between cabbies and their passengers.

About 50 taxis will be installed every week from now, according to the news release.

V-shields are locally-manufactured and trademarked by Moove Media, a subsidiary of ComfortDelGro Corporation.

Measuring 1m x 0.7m x 0.6m, the V-shield covers the driver’s cabin entirely and is made of "unbreakable" plastic material to protect the drivers from any violent physical harm, the news release added.

It also comes with two openings to facilitate payments on board.

The shield encases only the driver’s cabin area and does not obstruct airflow in the rest of the taxi.

If the trial proves to be successful, more taxis will have V-shield installed.

Previously A PHV driver did the same

private-hire-driver-shield.png.b24d5775d105910f314488a70139ad15.png

I think is a good initiative. Give more assurance to the commuters plus protecting the drivers also.

Taxi driver better wear a jacket when driving. the aircon now sure very cold one

Internal Moderator
23 minutes ago, culinan said:

where I can get this kind of protection? haha

ComfortDelGro. hahah. Maybe they sell also? 🤣

Turbocharged
46 minutes ago, culinan said:

where I can get this kind of protection? haha

aliexpress, search for car isolation film