Yokohama RV02.

ER-3682

Twincharged

Fitted on my Car,225/45-19,Tyre is Quiet,but Grip just so so,60% price of Michelin PS4s means only 60% of PS4s Grip...still value for money.

• Praise 1

I'm using the same tires on 225/50-18 on Mazda 6 2.0. I can feel that this is a more comfort based tyres as the rolling distance is really good but there is lesser feedback as compared to other tyres I've used like the Nexen N5000 Plus. 

Been driving a lot in our late Dec and early Jan super wet weather and the wet grip is really average. I'm more of a comfort based driver, thinking of changing next to tyres like Bridgestone T005a.

Quiet - 7/10
Grip (Dry) - 8/10
Grip (Wet) - 6/10

17 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Been driving a lot in our late Dec and early Jan super wet weather and the wet grip is really average. I'm more of a comfort based driver, thinking of changing next to tyres like Bridgestone T005a.

Don't mind if I ask, how do you measure this? Being a comfort based driver I wouldn't expect you to encounter situations where grip is at the limit.

Twincharged
52 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

I'm using the same tires on 225/50-18 on Mazda 6 2.0. I can feel that this is a more comfort based tyres as the rolling distance is really good but there is lesser feedback as compared to other tyres I've used like the Nexen N5000 Plus. 

Quiet - 7/10
Grip (Dry) - 8/10
Grip (Wet) - 6/10

Typical Yokohama wet performance. Not that great. 

19 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Don't mind if I ask, how do you measure this? Being a comfort based driver I wouldn't expect you to encounter situations where grip is at the limit.

Haha, there are couple of bends that I go through regularly and will test out the tyre grippiness. These are my favourite bends when I ride my bike as well.

I would not think that one needs to push tyres to the limit, we're not that kind of driver and if we do that in SG, I bet we're going on stomp or SG Reckless Drivers. Based on your normal driving style(s) and speed (when you enter or exit a bend), you can feel the feedback from the steering wheel/tyres.
- Note: My passengers are never happy when I go into a bend 😁

1. Bukit Batok Ave 3 towards AYE (3rd)
  2. CTE towards PIE Tuas exit (2nd)
  3. BKE towards PIE exit Bukit Panjang
  4. PIE towards city exit Stevens (Fav - 1st)
  • Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

Haha, there are couple of bends that I go through regularly and will test out the tyre grippiness. These are my favourite bends when I ride my bike as well.

I would not think that one needs to push tyres to the limit, we're not that kind of driver and if we do that in SG, I bet we're going on stomp or SG Reckless Drivers. Based on your normal driving style(s) and speed (when you enter or exit a bend), you can feel the feedback from the steering wheel/tyres.
- Note: My passengers are never happy when I go into a bend 😁

1. Bukit Batok Ave 3 towards AYE (3rd)
  2. CTE towards PIE Tuas exit (2nd)
  3. BKE towards PIE exit Bukit Panjang
  4. PIE towards city exit Stevens (Fav - 1st)

Thanks for sharing! And I apologise for my combative tone if it comes across that way.

If I may ask further, how would you describe the difference in feedback from the steering wheel/tyres that led you to conclude that there is a difference in the tyre grippiness?

Based on your note it sounds like you go into bends faster than a typical driver 😆 Even at that kind of speed it is enough to feel difference in tyre performance?

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Thanks for sharing! And I apologise for my combative tone if it comes across that way.

If I may ask further, how would you describe the difference in feedback from the steering wheel/tyres that led you to conclude that there is a difference in the tyre grippiness?

Based on your note it sounds like you go into bends faster than a typical driver 😆 Even at that kind of speed it is enough to feel difference in tyre performance?

i think he is refering to 'aquaplaning' losing of grip in the rain.

or the tyre float abit on the water, due to reason like , botah, or certain design dun enable water to flow through fast enough.

in sg road is indeed like u say very hard to lose dry grip , or u can call it drifting 😁

• Praise 1

Just to give an example for my bike. When we corner, the forces will push us the opp direction (corner left, the forces will push to the right). I will be able to feel tyre slip especially in the wet and if I corner too hard, my rear wheels will slip (we called it control slide).

For cars, usually its call understeer. If I go in the corner (in dry conditions) at 60 or 70, the car feels planted but I know if I hit it at 80 or higher, I would kiss the wall. In the wet, just going in at 50, I can feel that I need to turn my steering wheel more just to clear the bend (should you hear my passengers, MUAHAHAHA). 

On the PIE towards Tuas, after BKE exit before Bukit Batok exit. Due to road works, there are high speed and small bends, with up and down. Its a good place to feel your tyres on wet and dry. In the wet, definitely need to slow down as there isn't much feedback from the tyres. On my previous tyres, I can go in faster then the RV02.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Banz86 said:

On the PIE towards Tuas, after BKE exit before Bukit Batok exit. Due to road works, there are high speed and small bends, with up and down. Its a good place to feel your tyres on wet and dry. In the wet, definitely need to slow down as there isn't much feedback from the tyres. On my previous tyres, I can go in faster then the RV02.

hmm so how did you reach this conclusion? I would assume that immediately after changing to new tyres (RV02 in your case), one would negotiate the same stretch of road at the same speed as they always did on the previous tyres. Or perhaps push even faster due to the confidence of fresh new rubber.

So the first time you hit this stretch at your usual speed with the new RV02, what happened?

My tyres is definitely run in, used about 15k km. I drive as what I think is my normal driving on the way home.

I did not lose control else I will be in the news, but it is more of more understeer in the wet. Meaning, I feel that car did not stay on the line as compared to dry AND my previous tyres in both wet and dry.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Banz86 said:

My tyres is definitely run in, used about 15k km. I drive as what I think is my normal driving on the way home.

I did not lose control else I will be in the news, but it is more of more understeer in the wet. Meaning, I feel that car did not stay on the line as compared to dry AND my previous tyres in both wet and dry.

What brand is your last Set.?