Worst Nature Disaster in China Now

Heartlander

Seems Southern China is now going through a bad flood season. Really suay after suffering Covid-19 for the first 6 months of this. Various videos kept claiming cover ups as it seems there is very limited coverage by the official news media. What is worrying is the situation at the Three gorges () which had previously been reported to be stressed with visible deformation and reportedly not able to take any serious flooding from its upper reaches. Seems worse is yet to come.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/five-dead-in-latest-flooding-in-southern-china-rainstorms/ar-BB15q9hG?ocid=spartanntp

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

When US states flooded after days of heavy rain.

Will DT blame China and WHO for not informing them in advance of coming floods ..... :slow:

You sound like 耿爽

(edited)
4 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Various videos kept claiming cover ups as it seems there is very limited coverage by the official news media.

Reporting too much will be diverting attention from ccp's failure in reviving the economy. Reporting too little would be cover up. 

Sum it up, whichever way it is reported, it comes from the EVIL CCP and can only be evil intentioned. 

Edited by minion
  • Haha! 5

(edited)

I first read news about the flood about one week ago, quite bad.

Bad flood hits China like every few years, unfortunately. 

Hope it get better soon. 

Edited by minion

17 minutes ago, minion said:

Reporting too much will be diverting attention from ccp's failure in reviving the economy. Reporting too little would be cover up. 

Sum it up, whichever way it is reported, it comes from the EVIL CCP and can only be evil intentioned. 

The attention in news circles has always been on 地攤經濟said by 李克強 post 兩會press conference.

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I just realised @inlinesix and @Inlinefour are in the same thread.   

Anyway its summer in China now. Why is there flooding? Is this the norm yearly?

sorry sir...cant recall exact month but I do encounter almost annually in Canton:ouch-it-hurts:

best was "snowing" in Canton 2016 :a-toast:

my tiongkok buddies told me super lucky to be there :inlove:

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

sorry sir...cant recall exact month but I do encounter almost annually in Canton:ouch-it-hurts:

best was "snowing" in Canton 2016 :a-toast:

my tiongkok buddies told me super lucky to be there :inlove:

If you remember my rtw trip in 2018, I was in Beijing in june and it was super hot.  And it was in the north.   So yea would be surprised if it flooded then cos my impression was no or little rain.

5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

If you remember my rtw trip in 2018, I was in Beijing in june and it was super hot.  And it was in the north.   So yea would be surprised if it flooded then cos my impression was no or little rain.

During Summer, Beijing can hotter than Singapore with higher humidity.

On the other hand, it also rains a lot in summer. As much as our December.

It is normal to have flooding in Summer in Southern China.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

actually Canton weather quite crazy one

ever encounter alternate "fire and ice" before

one day FBO

next day PT kit

sibay jialat one :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Amoy

Chungking

Hangchow

Canton

Nanking

Peking

Sian

Szechwan

Suchow

Tientsin

Tsingdao

Among all me love TienTsin most...super nice place :inlove:

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Just few days ago there was record high weather for Beijing while flooding at other parts of China.

↡ Advertisement