Accident with Jeep Cherokee Limited

jonbaekis00

Happy 2021, what a way to begin the new year !!

Driving at Orchard area, hit a jeep cherokee in the ass... Raining today. 

My car had pretty big damage, the Jeep very little,, if visible at all... 

Now comes the jialat part...

Jeep owner says his car is ok, bo taiji... then drives off... Managed to take some photos but forgot to exchange contact or leave any black n white for private settle?? 

Is there any way i can sort of "improve" this situation? 

Any help is appreciated... 

If anyone knows someone Driving Black Jeep Cherokee Limited 2.4A Car plate SLT****Z please hook me up... thanks... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

You need at least a written no claim agreement signed by both parties to close this matter.

Even if other party is honest and doesn't claim against you, your insurer will penalize your NCD when you report the case to them.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
26 minutes ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Jeep owner says his car is ok, bo taiji... then drives off... Managed to take some photos but forgot to exchange contact or leave any black n white for private settle?? 

If anyone knows someone Driving Black Jeep Cherokee Limited 2.4A Car plate SLT****Z please hook me up... thanks... 

Your situation can't get any worse, do not worry.

You are 100% at fault since you hit his ass.

Scenario1: He does not report or claim. You pay your own repairs (no impact to NCD) or claim your own insurance to repair (NCD gone).

Scenario2: He eventually reports you. You pay your own or claim your own insurance, both cases will be NCD gone.

Since you say your car badly damaged, chances are you will have to urgently claim your own insurance to do major repairs, then you already in worst scenario. Doesn't matter what the other guy does actually.

• Praise 10

42 minutes ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Call up your insurer to report the claims.

In addition, lodge a report with TP.  That's to avoid the accusation of hit and run

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/traffic-accident-report.html

p.s. Do not admit YOU ARE WRONG even though you are in the wrong.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Your situation can't get any worse, do not worry.

You are 100% at fault since you hit his ass.

Scenario1: He does not report or claim. You pay your own repairs (no impact to NCD) or claim your own insurance to repair (NCD gone).

Scenario2: He eventually reports you. You pay your own or claim your own insurance, both cases will be NCD gone.

Since you say your car badly damaged, chances are you will have to urgently claim your own insurance to do major repairs, then you already in worst scenario. Doesn't matter what the other guy does actually.

I am most likely settling my own car repairs on my own. My car is a lease car and the company is quite lax they let me settle the repairs outside. 

The Policy covers third party only anyway...  Thanks for the advice...

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Call up your insurer to report the claims.

In addition, lodge a report with TP.  That's to avoid the accusation of hit and run

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/traffic-accident-report.html

p.s. Do not admit YOU ARE WRONG even though you are in the wrong.

How to phrase "I am not in the wrong" when you hit their ass ? 🤯

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Usually if the other party lodges report against you how long does it take for insurer/idac/ other party to reach you ? 

my mum had an accident with Bus earlier this jan, Only received a new update from the bus company law firm in Sep !!  

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
13 minutes ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Usually if the other party lodges report against you how long does it take for insurer/idac/ other party to reach you ? 

my mum had an accident with Bus earlier this jan, Only received a new update from the bus company law firm in Sep !!  

I believe liability is up to 7 years.... that is the time period within which the aggreived can lodge a claim against you.

But if this is normal private owner, either he report within a few weeks or never at all. Insurance should update you within a few weeks of the claim.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

I believe liability is up to 7 years.... that is the time period within which the aggreived can lodge a claim against you.

But if this is normal private owner, either he report within a few weeks or never at all. Insurance should update you within a few weeks of the claim.

Geez.... guess what i can do is just wait... sad

Please report to insurance company and lodge official report to safeguard yourself.

It is tempting to reduce a horrible matter such as an rta to as little as possible but black and white is the best way.

If the other party flips, get a 3 day mc for pain...and suggests that it was you that refuse...refuse official identification. 😬

You go up the river. Let the insurance guys handle it with the other party and the traffic police. They got legal dept.

Do not say anything, especially over the telephone. 

If the police need you, they will reach you officially. Refer everything to your insurer.

NCD niah. At most five more years of being milked. Its minor if you happen to meet a hammerhead shark....

Happy New Year. 

• Praise 1

encounter similar situation once but my car and his car also no damage, hit him in the ass during rain when he suddenly stopped and i get too close, tyre botak no grip, jam brake but still slide n hit, bang, get down check the damage, both also cant see any real damage, maybe some minor scratch, then he jus waved it off, get on car and drive off without take pic or exchange particular, happend in2018, til now, no issue...

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

18 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

very simple. go make a no claim insurance report, thats it.

i say many time , ppl assume make insurance report mean need to claim, actually no, insurance report is just an accident report.

tell the insurance company u want to make a accident report, but when making the report u give the exact truth, u hit the jeep, and u do not wish to claim any thing, they most porperly will be face black black but still got to do for u

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

10 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

Geez.... guess what i can do is just wait... sad

imo he won’t claimed against you ... if he is a hammer shark, the instance you kiss his ass, hosei liao, fast hand fast leg exchange particulars liao lo ... why drive off and claim hit & run .. zo bo eng meh

of course unless he indeed suffer whip lash and need medical attention... then maybe will flip roti prata...

good luck & practice safe distancing for our car too especially in this wet & rainy weather.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, jonbaekis00 said:

That sounds like when car guy bang into my musso :XD: 

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 5

On 1/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, jonbaekis00 said:

did he take photos of his Jeep Cheerokiss? If no, you bo taiji liao.

On 1/1/2021 at 6:06 PM, jonbaekis00 said:

I am most likely settling my own car repairs on my own. My car is a lease car and the company is quite lax they let me settle the repairs outside. 

The Policy covers third party only anyway...  Thanks for the advice...

How to phrase "I am not in the wrong" when you hit their ass ? 🤯

A leased vehicle means the car belongs to the leasing company but got big big excess that will be billed to you, I presume. 

If you intend to pay out of pocket, just report you "kiss" the front car and tell them claim ownself, just in case. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, Kangadrool said:

He can take photos of his Jeep anytime, anywhere, since he drives it.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, Voodooman said:

A leased vehicle means the car belongs to the leasing company but got big big excess that will be billed to you, I presume. 

If you intend to pay out of pocket, just report you "kiss" the front car and tell them claim ownself, just in case. 

Yes i am aware... But make the report through lease company or i can do it myself ? i believe insured under NTUC Income.. The report still can be made even though it is 3 fays after the accident ? 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:42 PM, Datsun366 said:

Please report to insurance company and lodge official report to safeguard yourself.

It is tempting to reduce a horrible matter such as an rta to as little as possible but black and white is the best way.

If the other party flips, get a 3 day mc for pain...and suggests that it was you that refuse...refuse official identification. 😬

You go up the river. Let the insurance guys handle it with the other party and the traffic police. They got legal dept.

If the police need you, they will reach you officially. Refer everything to your insurer.

NCD niah. At most five more years of being milked. Its minor if you happen to meet a hammerhead shark....

Happy New Year. 

Not as simple .. lease car..

On 1/1/2021 at 11:43 PM, dino80 said:

encounter similar situation once but my car and his car also no damage, hit him in the ass during rain when he suddenly stopped and i get too close, tyre botak no grip, jam brake but still slide n hit, bang, get down check the damage, both also cant see any real damage, maybe some minor scratch, then he jus waved it off, get on car and drive off without take pic or exchange particular, happend in2018, til now, no issue...

Lucky you .. 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Mustank said:

That sounds like when car guy bang into my musso :XD: 

Solid car... my uncle had one 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, Kangadrool said:

No never.. only i took...

On 1/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, Bezbee said:

imo he won’t claimed against you ... if he is a hammer shark, the instance you kiss his ass, hosei liao, fast hand fast leg exchange particulars liao lo ... why drive off and claim hit & run .. zo bo eng meh

of course unless he indeed suffer whip lash and need medical attention... then maybe will flip roti prata...

good luck & practice safe distancing for our car too especially in this wet & rainy weather.

Hais... hope not... 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:42 PM, Datsun366 said:

Happy New Year. 

If the car was mine... lol im guessing the report still can be done ?? now 4 jan happened new years day...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1