Record 2,570 potholes identified on Singapore roads in January

dudez7

2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Hmmmm.................  [sly]

Change all tar roads to solid cement one.   :ph34r:

Like the stretch in NSH (MY) after Tangkat, solid cement road to Ayer Keroh :we-all-gonna-die:

The heavy dump trucks, trailers, container vehicles and large trucks go over a few times, over cement will crack liao. Tarmac is better at absorbing such heavy impact.

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Like the stretch in NSH (MY) after Tangkat, solid cement road to Ayer Keroh :we-all-gonna-die:

Nice. Have you observe after the road has been resurface. How soon before it gets to be dug up again.?

If you put cement. I can confirm we need to buy shares in dom operator business liao.

26 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Super noisy on tyre

9 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The heavy dump trucks, trailers, container vehicles and large trucks go over a few times, over cement will crack liao. Tarmac is better at absorbing such heavy impact.

The solid cement type will not crack under heavy vehicles up to 120 tons.

I went back to my father's village at Hainan Island, Wen Chang and this is what China did to those roads. The first few times when I went back (2006), the pot holes are worst than SG. Sitting inside the vehile was like roller coaster rides. [grin]

Since 2011, China Hainan Island Provisional Gov upgraded all villages roads. I saw the cement roads re-enforce with steels and 3 feet deep. 

I last went back to the village in 2016, the roads still in solid conditions with many heavy vehicles running over it.

The only inconvenient is to the various groups (SingTel, StarHub, PUB, PowerGrip, PowerGas, .... etc ) who dug up the roads after it was paved nicely again & again & again, taking turns to do it....

This cement roads will force them to dig at the side.... :secret-laugh: 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Nice. Have you observe after the road has been resurface. How soon before it gets to be dug up again.?

If you put cement. I can confirm we need to buy shares in dom operator business liao.

This will force them to dig at the side of cemented roads.... [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

The solid cement type will not crack under heavy vehicles up to 120 tons.

I went back to my father's village at Hainan Island, Wen Chang and this is what China did to those roads. The first few times when I went back (2006), the pot holes are worst than SG. Sitting inside the vehile was like roller coaster rides. [grin]

Since 2011, China Hainan Island Provisional Gov upgraded all villages roads. I saw the cement roads re-enforce with steels and 3 feet deep. 

I last went back to the village in 2016, the roads still in solid conditions with many heavy vehicles running over it.

The only inconvenient is to the various groups (SingTel, StarHub, PUB, PowerGrip, PowerGas, .... etc ) who dug up the roads after it was paved nicely again & again & again, taking turns to do it....

This cement roads will force them to dig at the side.... :secret-laugh: 

From what I see below my block, building the NSC, they lay cement for temporary surfacing while digging other parts. The dump trucks, excavators and lorries goes over the cement path numerous times a day. The cement cracked up liao. The sharp edges of the cracked cement can easily puncture car tyres. The cement paved roads are only temporary measures. After they are done, they do put back tarmac.

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Super noisy on tyre

I rather spend a little bit more money on soft compound tyres that reduse the noises than going through pot holes....     [:(]

Cement roads have better breaking distance even on wet weather than tar roads. 

I noticed that once they lay a layer of new tar on dug up roads, there always a least 1" height different and when vehicles go through it, that bump is very irretating ....  :lll._.:

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Only 95% fixed?

This year, they should zi dong give 5% rebate on road tax.

I support!!! hahaha

Looking at most of the potholes i encountered, seems like they are the result of poor quality/workmanship of the contractors that has dug up the roads.

I'm super curious what is stopping LTA from putting it as a requirement for contractors to at least smoothen the patch-up done after all the digging. 

6 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

From what I see below my block, building the NSC, they lay cement for temporary surfacing while digging other parts. The dump trucks, excavators and lorries goes over the cement path numerous times a day. The cement cracked up liao. The sharp edges of the cracked cement can easily puncture car tyres. The cement paved roads are only temporary measures. After they are done, they do put back tarmac.

I believe its only a temporary cement road of which, no re-enforcement steel inside and not that thick. Maybe contractor never did a study on the types of vehicles passing through it.  Normally, the contractor will place a 1" thick metal plate (4' by 8') over it. Hmmmmm...... contractor cut cost ... [sly]

A standard cement road should stand a weight of 60 tons. We can see at the side of a road before reaching a flyovers or bridges. A notice of the tonnage for the flyover or bridge. Mostly 30, 40 or 60 tonnage depending the length of the flyover/bridge, number of lanes and frequency of vehiles passing throught it.      

18 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I rather spend a little bit more money on soft compound tyres that reduse the noises than going through pot holes....     [:(]

Cement roads have better breaking distance even on wet weather than tar roads. 

I noticed that once they lay a layer of new tar on dug up roads, there always a least 1" height different and when vehicles go through it, that bump is very irretating ....  :lll._.:

Cement road also make tyre wear faster. Also not soft like tarmac. I ever drove in cement expressway in east java. Super noisy and uncomfortable 

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

alas our roads have many services buried below. making it concrete will be a pain to dig up.

↡ Advertisement