2021 New Porsche 911 GT3 is Literally a Race Car with a Number Plate

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

2022_porsche_911_gt3_01.jpg

Porsche takes its track learnings and puts it directly onto the 911 sportscar with the global reveal of the newest 911 GT3.

The 911 GT3 packs Porsche’s racing technology such as the double wishbone front suspension, swan neck rear wing and diffuser from the 911 RSR, and combines it with a normally-aspirated 510 horsepower, 4.0-liter 6-cylinder boxer engine practically unchanged from the 911 GT3 Cup car to create a high precision machine that’s perfect for the circuit, yet superb for everyday use.

With a top speed of 320 km/h (318 km/h with the dual clutch PDK) it’s even faster than the previous 911 GT3 RS. It accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds.

Moreover, the sophisticated aerodynamics enable the GT3 to generate more downforce without noticeably affecting drag. In the “performance” position, the manually set wing and diffuser elements significantly increase the aerodynamic pressure for high cornering speeds. Thus, during its final testing, it lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife, traditionally the ultimate proving ground for all sports cars developed by Porsche, over 17 seconds quicker than its predecessor.

Despite a wider body, larger wheels and additional features, the weight of the new GT3 is on a par with its predecessor. With manual gearbox it weighs 1,418 kilograms, with the PDK 1,435 kilograms. The front hood is made of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP), with other weight saving measures coming from the lightweight glass windows, optimized brake discs, and forged alloy wheels. The lightweight sports exhaust system alone reduces the weight by no less than ten kilograms. For those who want to go on a more extreme level, the roof can be optioned to be made of exposed carbon fiber.

The cockpit is in line with the current model generation. A new feature is the track screen: at the touch of a button, it reduces the digital displays to the left and right of the central rev counter, which reaches up to 10,000 revs, to information such as tire pressure indicator, oil pressure, oil temperature, fuel tank level and water temperature, which are essential when driving on the circuit. It also includes a visual shift assistant with colored bars to the left and right of the rev counter and a shift light derived from motorsports.

Spoiler

2022_porsche_911_gt3_01.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_02.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_03.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_04.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_05.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_06.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_07.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_08.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_09.jpg

2022_porsche_911_gt3_10.jpg

4L 6 cyl boxer engine? Checked.

Manual transmission? Checked

0-100km - 3.4 sec? Checked.

This car is sexy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

37 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Porsche takes its track learnings and puts it directly onto the 911 sportscar with the global reveal of the newest 911 GT3.

Ya great car but they won't sell you this unless you are VVIP or have bought some other fake porsche and unpopular porsche, or offer them something else they don't have.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Ya great car but they won't sell you this unless you buy some other fake porsche and unpopular porsche, or offer them something else.

cannot afford one thou.hahaha. I watch angmo inside youtube drive can le. haha. Maybe can dream of myself driving also. hehehe.

• Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Ya great car but they won't sell you this unless you are VVIP or have bought some other fake porsche and unpopular porsche, or offer them something else they don't have.

Can always buy Gaymen GT or 718 Spyder

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

cannot afford one thou.hahaha. I watch angmo inside youtube drive can le. haha. Maybe can dream of myself driving also. hehehe.

Follow your review colleagues to a test-drive lor, but please don't go too fast on normal road. 😓

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
42 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Follow your review colleagues to a test-drive lor, but please don't go too fast on normal road. 😓

No lah. I desk-bound one. cannot go out one. Plus, I cannot contribute to their review, they won't bring me one.hahaha.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Got Por-shay / Por-sha to drive good enough liao in SG. I very simple one, give me the fake / unpopular model I take. 😂 

Remembered not long ago I was drooling at this. Never mind la, similar to kobayashi, I told myself to close my eyes and imagine driving it enough.

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

Edited by Atachi
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Atachi said:

Got Por-shay / Por-sha to drive good enough liao in SG. I very simple one, give me the fake / unpopular model I take. 😂 

Remembered not long ago I was drooling at this. Never mind la, similar to kobayashi, I told myself to close my eyes and imagine driving it enough.

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

hehehe. If i tio toto, I let you drive my car. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Atachi said:

My wife also driving a fake one. 🍻

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

No lah. I desk-bound one. cannot go out one. Plus, I cannot contribute to their review, they won't bring me one.hahaha.

U just volunteer your face as emoji can Liao .. reference standard 

27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For 992 GT3, it is more than that.

NON GT Front Suspension: Macpherson Strut.

GT3: DOUBLE WISHBONE

Am talking about wings by the side like an aeroplane.  

muayhahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1