What do u think about Subaru cars?

Limsn

Neutral Newbie

What do u think about Subaru cars in terms of:

1) maintenance cost

2) fuel consumption

3) availability of spare parts

4) services provided by Motor Image

I am thinking of getting the new Subaru Impreza.

↡ Advertisement

Welcome to MCF!! Btw..... in the 1st place... why do u want to get a Subaru Impreza? I got a fren driving that... will ask him about it....

Neutral Newbie

I got attracted by its look. It never fail in turning my head to take a good look at it whenever one passes by.

I got attracted by its look. It never fail in turning my head to take a good look at it whenever one passes by.

Ok... so are particular about fuel consumption?

Fuel consumption for one, isnt that good, as the 1.6 has AWD as well. WRX dont say lah.. [laugh]

Really fun to drive, but kinda underpowered(1.6)

What do u think about Subaru cars in terms of:

1) maintenance cost

2) fuel consumption

3) availability of spare parts

4) services provided by Motor Image

I am thinking of getting the new Subaru Impreza.

Hi Limsn,

I used to drive a Subaru, but it was a Justy not Impreza. The comparison may not be appropriate but just for the general info of the forumers here.

Here goes:

1) High; not reliable compared to other Japanese makes

2) Moderate

3) Not easily available. I just know of a parts shop at AMK Ind Park II.

4) Haven't been there; I bought mine 2nd hand.

The Subaru I bought was a 1989 model...hope the technology have improved in the last decade.

Good luck! [;)]

I think the old Justy and the new impreza are MILES apart, cant compare lah [;)]

OIC....yeah...that's why I mentioned for general info only..haha [:)]

anyway, when I compared Justy with other cars in the same category like Swift and Charade....then all those info are quite accurate.....more on general terms lah.

Cheers [;)]

Neutral Newbie

I don't want to get Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec basically everywhere there is one. Not like Subaru. I have a friend who is driving a 4yr old Subaru Impreza. So far so good. My only concern is the maintenance & reliability of the car.

Would anyone of u buy the Subaru Impreza 1.6L? Or would u rather buy a Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec of easier maintenance and better resale value?

I don't want to get Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec basically everywhere there is one. Not like Subaru. I have a friend who is driving a 4yr old Subaru Impreza. So far so good. My only concern is the maintenance & reliability of the car.

Would anyone of u buy the Subaru Impreza 1.6L? Or would u rather buy a Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec of easier maintenance and better resale value?

For driving pleasure, the impreza is the one. Modern day subarus are reliable and rugged, you wouldnt go wrong.

Would you consider Contis?? [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Lim, a warm welcome to MCF [cool]

The Impreza is truely an underrated and kinda underpowered (REX aside) car but the boxer engine is strong and the exhaust note is sweeeeeet! [:)]

It may drink a little more then the conventional inline-4s but the low-end torque is slightly better in the boxer.

Think about it......REX REX REX!!! [sly]

I think the old Justy and the new impreza are MILES apart, cant compare lah [;)]

OIC....yeah...that's why I mentioned for general info only..haha [:)]

anyway, when I compared Justy with other cars in the same category like Swift and Charade....then all those info are quite accurate.....more on general terms lah.

Cheers [;)]

Thanks for that [:)] Cos since our friend is considering a modern Subaru, it might not be a too accurate. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

My advice is to avoid the auto if you are thinking of getting the Impreza. Just test drive any of the autos of other makes and you will realise the difference (try the Corolla). In fact, the Subaru salesman will recommend that you take the manual 1.6L. But then, if you take the manual, then you should compare with similiar manual transmission of the other makes. IMHO, i think the WRX is worth considering, but then the budget is a major factor [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Definitely the WRX is the best. But if I can afford to buy the WRX, maybe I will be considering a 2nd hand BMW 320. Have not think so far...no budget.

Nimit68, have u compared the Subaru Impreza 1.6L to other popular Jap car in manual drive? I have only driven my friends auto Sunny 1.6. Most of them buy auto. They say resale value for manual is very bad.

Definitely the WRX is the best. But if I can afford to buy the WRX, maybe I will be considering a 2nd hand BMW 320. Have not think so far...no budget.

Nimit68, have u compared the Subaru Impreza 1.6L to other popular Jap car in manual drive? I have only driven my friends auto Sunny 1.6. Most of them buy auto. They say resale value for manual is very bad.

Depends on what matters to you. Driving pleasure or plain commuting?? [;)]

[Thanks for that [:)] Cos since our friend is considering a modern Subaru, it might not be a too accurate. [:)]

Agree agree [:)] but our friend enter the thread title as "Subaru Cars" so thought he wanted general info mah...haha.

But I must say that the tone from Boxer engine is very pleasing to the ears...sat in the previous Impreza before...engine's very torquey.

Cheers [;)]

↡ Advertisement