What do u think about Subaru cars?

Limsn

[laugh] For a really serious fellow in real life, you are a funny guy [laugh][laugh][laugh]

[:p]

Still water runs deep my friend!!! [cool] And dun believe wat u see all the time!!! [crazy] Dat's my recipe to keep a mystery above me! [:p]

I think it has ran too deep [laugh] Too serious about some things.. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

[laugh] For a really serious fellow in real life, you are a funny guy [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Still water runs deep my friend!!! [cool] And dun believe wat u see all the time!!! [crazy] Dat's my recipe to keep a mystery above me! [:p]

See wat i mean, first lesson!!! Deception worked!!! [:p][crazy]

See wat i mean, first lesson!!! Deception worked!!! [:p][crazy]

[laugh] We shall see about that [;)]

I don't want to get Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec basically everywhere there is one. Not like Subaru. I have a friend who is driving a 4yr old Subaru Impreza. So far so good. My only concern is the maintenance & reliability of the car.

Would anyone of u buy the Subaru Impreza 1.6L? Or would u rather buy a Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec of easier maintenance and better resale value?

I know what u mean by having another car that alot of pple drives.... but if fuel economy is top on your list... Corolla G9 is the way to go....

Neutral Newbie
I don't want to get Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec basically everywhere there is one. Not like Subaru. I have a friend who is driving a 4yr old Subaru Impreza. So far so good. My only concern is the maintenance & reliability of the car.

Would anyone of u buy the Subaru Impreza 1.6L? Or would u rather buy a Corolla, Sunny or Civic bec of easier maintenance and better resale value?

I always have a soft spot for Subarus! [:)] My ex car was a Legacy GL. Pretty tough body and the boxer engine sounds good! [cool]

IMHO how reliable the car depends a lot on the owner. Give the car a lot of TLC and the car will return the favour. Of course some cars require more TLC than others! [;)] I'm currently driving an AR 156 for the last two years. As you know, most ppl stay away from AR brabd like a disease! Well, for me so far so good, she hasn't given me any problems yet. Clocking close to 60K kms now and I've taken her to the track and all the way to Haadyai.

Most important is that you like the car and don't be pressured by other ppls comments. After all, you'll be driving the car, right? [:)]

Finally, I think that the 4WD should be FUN to drive! [cool] Of course, if you can afford it, the WRX is the one to go for!

Just my $0.02!

Neutral Newbie
Definitely the WRX is the best. But if I can afford to buy the WRX, maybe I will be considering a 2nd hand BMW 320. Have not think so far...no budget.

Actually I would put the WRX wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of the 2nd hand 320! [cool]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
If I ever want to consider Boxer engine, then the closest I'll go is an Alfa...at the moment the 156 Selespeed really catches my eye. It's a bit old though. Saw pictures of the 147 also but dunno how it looks like in real life...especially the interior.

Actually, current Alfas do not have boxer engine anymore! [:p] My 156 has a transverse 16 valved four pot engine with twin spark. The funny thing is, Alfa engineers has the uncanny ability the make the engine 'sing'! Never fail to make me smile whenever I redlined her. Damn addictive and intoxicating! [cool]

Soon the 156 2.0L will have a new GDI engine pumping out 165bhp. [:p]

The 147's interior is very good but I feel it's a tad expensive! [:/]

Edited by Mikeckchong

Neutral Newbie
Agreed, and then again, we have to see the level of entry wrt E39. Personally, I would go for the E39 definitely, as now it is really a steal!!! [:p] But my stick! My Stick!!! Still love it mah! [:(]

As for the Subaru, well, I personally would not go for it, but then this is me!!! WRX maybe!

How can a BMW be a steal?! [crazy][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Definitely the WRX is the best. But if I can afford to buy the WRX, maybe I will be considering a 2nd hand BMW 320. Have not think so far...no budget.

Always think of 1st hand car instead of 2nd hand. U won't know how good/bad of the 2nd hand car's engine.

To me. WRX -wayyyyy ahead of the 2nd hand 520i either.

(edited)

Always think of 1st hand car instead of 2nd hand. U won't know how good/bad of the 2nd hand car's engine.

To me. WRX -wayyyyy ahead of the 2nd hand 520i either.

Depends on what you are looking for lah...some people want comfort, some want power. And i think a second hand E39 is still more than a WRX., dependent on the year of course [;)]

Edited by Magfocus

Neutral Newbie
Depends on what you are looking for lah...some people want comfort, some want power. And i think a second hand E39 is still more than a WRX., dependent on the year of course [;)]

Each person's criteria for what's worth is different - some place comfort, some place power, some place handling, a lot of ppl will pay an arm just for the badge, some just want the biggest at the cheapest price, etc........In the end, the most impt thing is that you like it! [cool]

Neutral Newbie

I wonder why U bought new focus instead of 2nd hand E39. [laugh]

Each person's criteria for what's worth is different - some place comfort, some place power, some place handling, a lot of ppl will pay an arm just for the badge, some just want the biggest at the cheapest price, etc........In the end, the most impt thing is that you like it! [cool]

Yeah agreed, as long as you like it, no one can fault you on that. [:)]

(edited)

Huh? I HAVE a family owned E39.. [crazy]

Maybe when i am in my late 30s i would get a ST220? [:p]

Edited by Magfocus

Yah man, and alwez see u in a u know wat at meet-ups!!! [:p] No wonder mileage sooo low liao!!! [:p][cool]

Huh? I HAVE an E39.. [crazy]

Huh??? [crazy] And u alwez say not urs??? geez!!! [;)][:)]

Huh? I HAVE an E39.. [crazy]

Huh??? [crazy] And u alwez say not urs??? geez!!! [;)][:)]

Why should i get something that my family already has? [crazy]

↡ Advertisement