Opel Corsa

Tea3

Neutral Newbie

Hi people, need some information...

Apart from going back to the agent, where else can an Opel Corsa owner go to change the exhaust pipe and dashboard lights? [confused]

Thanks in advance! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Hi Tea3,

Long time did't hear from you liao, how's work wink.gif

Is your friend going to change to after market exhaust or just original Opel ones? Which part of the exhaust are you referring to, is it the last portion (the muffler)?? You can ask your friend to goto MAN Exhaust to do it nod.gif

As for dashboard lights, any normal workshop that you use to goto will be able to do it for you nod.gif

If your friend stay on the east side, I can intro to you my friend's workshop wink.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Vtim [:)]

Long time no see. Work's busy. Started studying part-time too. Even busier. Not enough time to really tinker with my car.

My friend sent it to Chris from AutoFix. Apparently the engine is loose. How did that happen? No idea. Chris explained that may have led to the screws securing the exhaust to always break. The exhaust had to be welded twice already. The previous mechanic didn't find out the source of the problem, just treated the symptom. Every time the engine was on, a loud continuous clunking noise would be heard. Chris is going to help fix it.

As for the dashboard, no idea who to go to fix it. Any ideas? People who are electronic experts. LED gone.

The previous mechanic, whom my friend won't be going back to anymore, didn't change the brake pads when he was suppose to. Braking was terrible during wet weather. The car was sent to another mechanic located next to the Shell station along Bukit Timah Road near KK Hospital and the brake pads were badly worn out. So, changed to Opel brake pads.

Long story but yeah, rather disappointing to know that my friend's mechanic didn't do a good job. [thumbsdown]

So how's life? Wifey given birth already?

Edited by Tea3

Hi Tea3,

Wah part-time study somemore, promotion on the way izit sly.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif. Yah! have to agreed with you, with part-time studies, 'Pak Tor', etc,...., don't think you'll have much time left for your car. sly.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Sorry, I have no experience with Chris of Autofix but since he can find out the problem, he should be ok nod.gifthumbsup.gifPosted ImagePosted Image. I think Chris could be refering to the engine mount, its a metal bracket that hold the engine block to the body of the car. So, of this comes with rubber bushings to absorb the vibration of the engine so that the vibrations doesn't make it's way onto the body of the car & ended up onto your body thru' the car seats, just like some Harley-Davidson bike does. But ladies love the vibration on the Harley-Davidson bikes Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As for the dashboard, you sure it's using LED & not normal small light bulbs Posted Image. Those LED can easily be bought at SLT (Sim Lim Tower, not Sim Lim Square). Will have to see what is the size/colour of the LED that is needed.

Looks like beter don't go back to the previous Mech as he didn't do a good job Posted Image does your friend stays/works in the east?

Life is pretty much the same, second junior (it's a she) will be due in early Jan next year. Hope to see u again at the meetup, or at least come in here & have a chat with the MCF members Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Neutral Newbie

My friend stays in the north but with a car, anywhere also can go [nod]. I stay in the west but go all the way to the east to pump N2 into tyres. So, no problem. Who is your friend who stays in the east?

My car is so dirty and I have got no time to wash it. Can't stand seeing the dirt but dare not send it to let other people wash for me. [:p]

Actually, it's my Mech's W/S that's located in the east smile.gif

Me too, haven't wash my car after last weekend's overnight trip at Desaru (will be posting some pics), the wheel's are full of mud splashes, will be washing tomorrow morning sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

(edited)

Opel Corsa and Meriva being sold at $96.8k n $109.8k as advertised in today's ST.

Quite fair price I feel but not sure of any issues with Opel cars and perhaps existing Opel owners can comment?

post-48108-0-22570000-1430529808_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 8

Opel Corsa and Meriva being sold at $96.8k n $109.8k as advertised in today's ST.

Quite fair price I feel but not sure of any issues with Opel cars and perhaps existing Opel owners can comment?

Wow, wat kind of profit r they making only at such low price? The Meriva is also not too back for a family car yah👍😄

• Praise 7

I have been driving a 2012 pre-owned opel GTC 1.4A for the last 2 months.

Before that, I went to UK Opel Astra forum to conduct research and was satisfied with the reliability of the car.

Before I bought the car, I called the AD to verify the warranty (It was supposed to be 5 years). After some clarification, AD assured me that my car will have the warranty reinstated if I go back to service my car. (On their record, the car was not back for service for 1 year+). Kudos to AD.

I just visited the AD last month. I went in with a low coolant error, the SA just checked and got the water pump repaired, no question asked.

On the bad side, because sale volume is low, the servicing is very slow, very very slow.

(edited)

I have a 2012 Astra Sports Tourer that I drove for about 2 years, which my wife is now driving. Reliability-wise, it's been fine. I also had the low coolant issue experienced by Pioneer but they fixed it pretty quickly; also had the battery replaced last month. Personally, I haven't had any issues with the servicing and found it quite painless to get an appointment.

Edited by Docomospur
↡ Advertisement