Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

I would highly recommend Edmund Motor.

Highly pleasant experience with them. Upfront, transparent and sincere.

Pm me if you want the lead.

For the record of the kpos I changed car

↡ Advertisement

I agree with your assessment. I also have a car from Edmund Motor, and I can relate to what you said. Very honest, clear cut and no charging in the name of showing "sincere" buyer...

For the record of the kpos I changed car

• Praise 1

For the record of the kpos I changed carð

lucky u not newbie with one post.. if not sure kana shoot
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

hmmm. strange, i recently booked a car from car times and i have an sales agreement signed with the amount of booking fee written before i handed over my money, and the carbon copy was given to me as an invoice..

i went edmund motors also, damn impressive showrooms, they have 4 showrooms i think. quite transparent upfront but i feel they are a little bit slight pushy, maybe i encountered a different SE and feel their price abit on the high side.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The fact that so many pi is struggling shows that it is a tough business, and margins are not big enuf to sustain the business. Therefore your savings may also not be big. I got a windfall due to the sudden drop in the pound due to brexit. This is an exceptional event.

I believe Pi setup business to make money, not cheat money except for some blacksheep. Perhaps a very transparent pi who provides a service instead of assuming coe, currencies and supplier risks, will be a more dependable supplier. Pi fails whenever the impact of the above risks is much higher than their margin. Even if u do ur own import, u may not save money if the risks identified goes against you. Calculate carefully.

I went the self import route as i wanted the car before it is available in singapore, and if i save miney it is a bonus. It was hard work, and i will not be keen to do it again soon.

Hi, I searched two hours to find your post because I am also very interested to import the car by myself. Sorry if I have too many questions.

When you buy your E220d, how do you pay the UK distributor? Or it is the dealer helps you to pay and then you pay the dealer. And LTA will require invoice, is your name must be the buyer in that invoice?

How do you find the shipping company?

is it compulsory that the UK dealer help you to register and de-register the car in uk? Can you just buy the car and send it back to Singapore? 

How do you settle the finance? I guess you didn't take the car loan.

when you bid your COE? After your car arrived?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am currently looking for Honda shuttle as it suits my need / amount that I can afford. Been seeing complains about PI but this car seems to only PI can carry in. Any trustworthy PI that I can go to?

Need your expert advice.

• Praise 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/two-parallel-import-car-dealers-shut-suddenly-allegedly-owe-customers-300000-in-deposits

SINGAPORE - Two parallel import car dealers have shuttered without notice, leaving customers who have paid a total of some $300,000 in deposits in limbo.

Apex Car, located on the second storey of Automobile Megamart in Ubi, allegedly owes at least five customers about $206,000 in total.

At the nearby First East Centre in Kaki Bukit Road 2, Novelty Auto has closed its ground floor showroom after failing to deliver cars to at least four customers, who paid about $98,000 in total as deposits.

These sudden closures have led the Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) to issue public warnings against both companies recently.

"Consumers who suspect that fraud is involved should report such cases to the police," Case said in a notice on its website.

The police confirmed that reports have been made against both companies and said they are looking into the matter.

Both showrooms were closed when The Straits Times visited them last week.

The signboard of Novelty Auto hung above an empty showroom, while little trace of Apex Car remained - its signboard has been removed, leaving just a faded red Chinese New Year banner that read "prosperity in business" above its locked glass door.

The two companies are not linked, according to records from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.

Apex Car is owned by Singaporeans, Mr Lim Mount Neng and Mr Chew Boon Meng, both in their 40s.

The company, which has been in business since 2010, has a paid-up capital of $10,000.

It claims on its still working website that it is one of Singapore's top parallel car importers. The website also has a logo of the "Top 100 small and medium-sized enterprises award" from the little-known Singapore Enterprise Association, a private company with a paid-up capital of $100, which organises events.

Apex Car's sudden closure has caused problems to not just its customers, but also Apex Trading, another car dealer with a similar sounding name, which has a showroom just several doors away.

"There were people who came to my showroom asking about the closure. We are not related," said Mr Lim Lee Heng, owner of Apex Trading. "I have been in the business for more than 20 years and my company is CaseTrusted," he added, referring to the accreditation scheme run by Case. "The closure (of Apex Car) has tarnished the reputation of my company."

Novelty Auto, which has been operating for only about nine months, is solely owned by Mr Wong Hwee Cheia, a Malaysian in his 30s.

• Praise 1

i wonder what time do they go back to "clear the shop" ... at 2-3am? [sly][laugh]

They would have cleard their valuables and other evidence progressively before the last day. After their last day, just subcon the dismentangling jobs to some conteactors and in turn passed on to some blanga to do it.

Hi, I searched two hours to find your post because I am also very interested to import the car by myself. Sorry if I have too many questions.

When you buy your E220d, how do you pay the UK distributor? Or it is the dealer helps you to pay and then you pay the dealer. And LTA will require invoice, is your name must be the buyer in that invoice?

How do you find the shipping company?

is it compulsory that the UK dealer help you to register and de-register the car in uk? Can you just buy the car and send it back to Singapore?

How do you settle the finance? I guess you didn't take the car loan.

when you bid your COE? After your car arrived?

Thanks.

I imported myself too with the help of a pi/importer.

Smooth process, took about 2 months plus from uk to be road ready for sg.

↡ Advertisement