Parallel Importers: Recommended ones/ones to avoid

Linusloh

I have recently got my new honda shuttle and would like to share my experience of parallel importers. I met quite a number of parallel importer before deciding to purchase. First buyer instinct is where to find a reliable dealer with best price.

I chance upon a ads on Venturecars. Price rather reasonable and without second thought, I signed the contract. Ths experience with Sales Man Zepth was crazy. He told me many funny idea to get loan and to cut long story short is GST rebate is 9%. When has GST become 9% in Singapore. He later try to smoke me 2% is admin fees. Thank God for the boss derick who is nice enough to cancel the deal and refund the full deposit. I realise is not the compan,it is the sales man trying to be funny cos I try to countercheck with his other collague and was told no such practice in the company. Conclusion Sales Man try to be funny. The car price they offer is key start, no led and facelift. That the reason price rather low.

Went to second car dealer Zion Auto. Was referred by my friend. Like the service initially and signed agreement. Within a short span of two weeks, boss and manager change price for trade in and car value. Was told me interest rate went out but is not true. They choose higher interest rate company just to earn more commission.

Finally went to final one A Asset Automobile Pte Ltd. Price and interest rate reasonable. Service solid and very responsive. I recommended two more friend. Three of us are Happy owner of Honda Shuttle. The delivery took less than 3 months.Highly recommended

Zion auto... u signed agreement liao they can still change trade in price meh?
↡ Advertisement

I have recently got my new honda shuttle and would like to share my experience of parallel importers. I met quite a number of parallel importer before deciding to purchase. First buyer instinct is where to find a reliable dealer with best price.

I chance upon a ads on Venturecars. Price rather reasonable and without second thought, I signed the contract. Ths experience with Sales Man Zepth was crazy. He told me many funny idea to get loan and to cut long story short is GST rebate is 9%. When has GST become 9% in Singapore. He later try to smoke me 2% is admin fees. Thank God for the boss derick who is nice enough to cancel the deal and refund the full deposit. I realise is not the compan,it is the sales man trying to be funny cos I try to countercheck with his other collague and was told no such practice in the company. Conclusion Sales Man try to be funny. The car price they offer is key start, no led and facelift. That the reason price rather low.

Went to second car dealer Zion Auto. Was referred by my friend. Like the service initially and signed agreement. Within a short span of two weeks, boss and manager change price for trade in and car value. Was told me interest rate went out but is not true. They choose higher interest rate company just to earn more commission.

Finally went to final one A Asset Automobile Pte Ltd. Price and interest rate reasonable. Service solid and very responsive. I recommended two more friend. Three of us are Happy owner of Honda Shuttle. The delivery took less than 3 months.Highly recommended

@anderss

any updates?

Zion auto... u signed agreement liao they can still change trade in price meh?

Verbally agreed a price when on paper change price. I close one eye cos still reasonable. Second thing is told me interest rate is 2.48% then boss told me he didnt commit and apply 2.78% interest which I found that from A Asset that they still can have 2.48%. Thirdly my car trade verbally ask me not to worry will match but I ask them write doen, they told me trade in value much lower. After that I decided to back off cos not reliable.

@anderss

any updates?

15 Commonwealth Lane. A asset only got three model Honda shuttle, Honda Freed and Toyota CHR. Their price reasonable and deposit only 1K. One of the lowest in the market. Once COE secure, you can log in lta website to check which will ensure they really bid for you.

anyone bought from Zion and venture car? how was the experience?

I went to both. See my response you will know

Neutral Newbie

Verbally agreed a price when on paper change price. I close one eye cos still reasonable. Second thing is told me interest rate is 2.48% then boss told me he didnt commit and apply 2.78% interest which I found that from A Asset that they still can have 2.48%. Thirdly my car trade verbally ask me not to worry will match but I ask them write doen, they told me trade in value much lower. After that I decided to back off cos not reliable.

15 Commonwealth Lane. A asset only got three model Honda shuttle, Honda Freed and Toyota CHR. Their price reasonable and deposit only 1K. One of the lowest in the market. Once COE secure, you can log in lta website to check which will ensure they really bid for you.

I went to both. See my response you will know

• Praise 1

went to mycar n cartimes as well as prime/apex/guan on lvl 6 ytd..

decided on car times in the end..

gotten the fit newer facelift with collapsible mirrors @ 76k guaranteed.( coz they have spare coes)

price is not really cheap but reasonable. n the sales advisor did his best to accomodate to our requests..

hope for the best uppn collecting thecar this may end or june start

Supersonic

gotten the fit newer facelift with collapsible mirrors @ 76k guaranteed.( coz they have spare coes)

price is not really cheap but reasonable. n the sales advisor did his best to accomodate to our requests..

Have they give you the chassis number?

Have they give you the chassis number?

nope not yet as the bank loan hasnt been approved yet.. juz signed the agreement on sunday.

or u mean we able to get the chassis no. even though loan hasnt been approved?

When will the PI actually give the chassis number?

Sorry for asking as first time buying a car, I already paid deposit and bank loan just approved today.

Mine is 4 bids guaranteed

• Praise 1

Sorry for asking as first time buying a car, I already paid deposit and bank loan just approved today.

they should be able to reserve the car for u n pass u the chassis no. after securing the loan? maybe u can call the sales advisor which served u? btw what make/model did u get n the price n frm where? maybe share ur experience as well coz im also looking at some choices

Supersonic

There is no standard practice for this. Especially for PI who are not importer themselves, they dont even have a car until they have secured a coe for you before they buy a car from a importer, until then there will be no chassis number.

The most accurate answer would be for you to ask the PI you book your car from.

What do you mean by spare coe ? They will give you open cat ? That means you should get your car soon. All the best !

With so many parallel importer and you wont know which will close down the next day. I will suggest give the lowest deposit as low as $1K. Wait till your COE secure under your name then go and pay the balance of deposit. This is to minimise loss. I heard cases where pay high deposit and bank loan approved. Parallel imported company collased. The buyer still need to pay the bank loan without collecting car.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

If i may suggest, buyers should look out for cars with VITAS Approval Code (VAC) for better security on your purchase.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=329

sgCarMart now has a list of such VAC ready cars for buyers' consideration.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&car_make=&car_model=&si=&ppuser=&cat=12

Edited by D_bergkam
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Collected my Fit hybrid last week from Yan Tong Investment. Name a bit too long, anyone heard of them before?

Honestly i was a bit scared i think they are new PI. Was referred from my friend to Yan Tong as he knows the boss, Lucky i dont have to wait so long just nice they got ready stock. From deposit to car collection everything took less than a month. Their prices are quite competitive from what i see on sgcarmart.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If i may suggest, buyers should look out for cars with VITAS Approval Code (VAC) for better security on your purchase.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=329

sgCarMart now has a list of such VAC ready cars for buyers' consideration.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&car_make=&car_model=&si=&ppuser=&cat=12

Wonder if these VAC cars are pegged to the particular PI company?

If not, a run-road PI can simply use the same VAC, collect deposit and do a beep-beep road runner

my virgin experience with PI.. visited swift garage last week to view freed/stepwgn spada/noah hybrid si.. the sales guy is actually quite patient. and not pushy.. if nt for my finance not ready i would sign on the spot already 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1