Thule or other options?

Madarmour

Neutral Newbie

When you install roof racks, you loath to take it off later. IMO, rear racks is for ferrying bikes to nearby park, that's all. Removing rear racks is easy...

Neutral Newbie

[laugh][laugh] the entire thing is big.... since my bike has not left its perch for the past year and my wife's wife for the last 2 years.... we end up calling them our art scrupture/piece [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Wah paint scratched arh? What's the brand of your car rack? [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

They are all the same, with foam resting on the bumper, but when you carry 2 or 3 bikes, even foam can become seriously hard..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

wah lau [shocked] ... then how to trasport the bikes man? Not considering getting the XC90 nor cycling to the destination......

Anyone of you familiar with car roof racks? I've only heard of Thule. I'm thinking of getting a roof rack system to carry a bike. Any suggestions will be welcomed, especially more competitively priced than Thule..... Thanks.

Buy the Thule roof mounts and cross bars then look for other cheaper bike trays. There's a bike shop in PJ that has Thule compatible bike trays for 70RM each, exactly like the one in your pic that locks the front forks. Not as solid as Thule but at a quarter of the price!!!

No 'cos the mounts are not cheap [sweatdrop] been thinking about it for a while but just decided to chuck the bike into my car instead [laugh]