Are you comfortable?

Pauly75ts

Neutral Newbie

Hi! there, everyone,

To drive well, concentration is paramount, your immediate attention is on what's in front of you and all around.

Through experience, you'd be able to recognize, what constitute danger to your safe passage along the way.

The most important thing to do, when you get into your car, is to get comfortable.

Concentration will be affected, if you are not comfortable at all.

For those who drives fast, you need to be comfortable and able to reach all the controls.

Most people have the steering wheel too far away.

The palm of your hand should be able to run right around the top of the wheel rim, only then can you get the lock on and off quickly when cornering fast.

Make sure you can operate all the pedals cleanly; that you can depress the clutch fully without having to stretch, that your shoes aren't so broad that they foul the pedals.

If you get back or neck ache, your seating position is wrong and you need to re-think it, even to the point of getting a special seat or a dished steering wheel.

Rgds

Paul Yong

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi! there, Mondeo,

It's very simple to give advice, it's the doing it that is not so simple. I've been getting an aching right shoulder since I installed the MOMO steering wheel, as it was blocking the rev meter. Now, I've re-adjust the steering column back to the previous position, see if it's better.

Rgds

Paul Yong

↡ Advertisement