NEW SET OF RIMS & TYRES TAT VIBRATE AT 110KM/H?

Astralee

HI ALL. JUZ CHANGED A NEW SET OF TAIWAN RIMS AND KUMHO TYRES AT YAP BRO TODAY..

ON THE WAY BACK, REALIZED TAT IT IS ALREADI VIBRATING BADLY AT 110KM/H....

WAT SHOULD I DO??? IZZIT SUPPOSE TO BE THE WAY FOR A NEW SET OF RIMS... TINK THEIR RIMS REALLY GOT PROB MAN.....

↡ Advertisement

"VIBRATING BADLY AT 110KM/H...."

Hi! there, AstraLee,

Are you sure that it's the wheels & tyres that are vibrating? Your steering wheel not vibrating??

Send it back to the shop and get them to check.

Rgds

Paul Yong

tink will go stamford do the high speed balancing tmr. actually saw tat one of the rims not really tat symetrical, but they insisted tat its a new rim and there is nothing wrong, they even take out and put in on the balancing machine and rotate let me see,

although it seems okay on the machine, the shpe of the rim really seem a bit out leh..

"the steering wheel vibrating...."

Hi! there, AstraLee,

Your wheels & tyres are not properly balanced.

Send it back to the same shop. They're didn't do a good job.

Rgds

Paul Yong

i am starting to regret going to yap bro liao, onli the price of tire still can, rim not at cheap... should have juz pop to the nxt door.... LS........

sian ah! spend money still like tat........

"i am starting to regret"

Hi! there, AstraLee,

It's not the end of the world. So stop getting upset, instead, try to figure out what's wrong and make it right.

Think positively, otherwise it'd still be at the back of your mind, and it's dangerous when you're driving in your car. When I get into my car, I'd switch to driving mode, anything else is irrelevant, as it's not the present.

Rgds

Paul Yong

true, not the end of world, but spending money to buy such low quality stuff really pains my heart. hard earned money..... hope they r responsible enough to make it good......

if not, if they really give me a defective rims, i am really going to bad mouth them till they no business ah........

tink will go stamford do the high speed balancing tmr. actually saw tat one of the rims not really tat symetrical, but they insisted tat its a new rim and there is nothing wrong, they even take out and put in on the balancing machine and rotate let me see,

although it seems okay on the machine, the shpe of the rim really seem a bit out leh..

whatever you do, DO NOT DO HIGH SPEED BALANCING! especially for brand new rim and tyre, by doing that you are only solving the symptom and not the root problem.

no car need high speed balancing if the wheels and tyres are properly balanced. if they show you that the wheel and tyre are already properly balanced on the machine, then check if they are using the correct size or proper centre ring. if all these does not solved your problem, then there is something really wrong.

if you strongly believed the rim is bent, you can go to Autoacc at Loyang and check your rim runout. this is to see if your rim are out of shape beyond the tolerence level.

if all these are fine, then it will be the worst case scenario .... is they have screwed your hub/bearing cuz they have tightened too hard .....

Ur's auto or manual?

Relate one incident... Do you guys know u can spoil ur auto gearbox if u swtich to Neutral and let it roll? I did... hahaha... above 70-80kph the whole center console, where the gearbox is vibrate like crazy... hahha...

My guess is the balancing machine is out of calibration. Go to another tyre shop and do the check and balancing.

If you go back to the same shop, he may suggest 1001 other alternative except their machine is not accurate. Then more $ required.

Ur's auto or manual?

Relate one incident... Do you guys know u can spoil ur auto gearbox if u swtich to Neutral and let it roll? I did... hahaha... above 70-80kph the whole center console, where the gearbox is vibrate like crazy... hahha...

Hi! mmythos, can u explain more on this matter, it just doesn't make sense to me, thanks [sweatdrop]

HI ALL. JUZ CHANGED A NEW SET OF TAIWAN RIMS AND KUMHO TYRES AT YAP BRO TODAY..

ON THE WAY BACK, REALIZED TAT IT IS ALREADI VIBRATING BADLY AT 110KM/H....

WAT SHOULD I DO??? IZZIT SUPPOSE TO BE THE WAY FOR A NEW SET OF RIMS... TINK THEIR RIMS REALLY GOT PROB MAN.....

Hi! Astralee,

if they are sure that ur new rims/tires are balance, then it could be ur hub/bearing. try to get them to balance everything but not only the rims/tires. good luck [:)]

Astralee,

Sad to heard that. As mentioned by others, best to go back to the same shop. They should do it FOC for you, why go to another shop to spent more $$.

BTW, need help? I'll be in the area around 5:30pm to 5:45pm.