NEW SET OF RIMS & TYRES TAT VIBRATE AT 110KM/H?

Astralee

Neutral Newbie

I think I gonna get flamed here but anyway. IMHO, Asian made rims are not of good build quality. 2 problems usually exists: 1. Rims aren't as strong leading to problems of losing their trueness (harder to balance) or getting dented easily (cause they're built with weaker alloys.. hence lighter and cheap). What is most unfortunate is the fact that the rims designs change every couple of years so if you damage one later on, you will end up having to buy an entire new set.

Rims aren't only for show, they infact play a key structural role in having to carry the weight of the car plus reisit tensile and compression forces acting on it on all 3 axsises when you drive.

I suggest you have each rim (without tyre)checked for balance then do the balancing. Cause if the rim itself is off... balancing the tyre rim combo is difficult.

I hope this helps.

I don't know why it will be so also. Cos last time when i drive my dad's car then when coming to traffic light i will change to Neutral and let it roll. Then after sometime the gearbox just went crazy. Then i read from the papers that it's not advisable to change to Neutral and let ur car roll as the auto gearbox will spoil. Maybe you can try it on ur babe? hahaha...

i am starting to regret going to yap bro liao, onli the price of tire still can, rim not at cheap... should have juz pop to the nxt door.... LS........

sian ah! spend money still like tat........

dun worry, u didn't miss much at LS. they did a lousy job wif mine too.

Ur's auto or manual?

Relate one incident... Do you guys know u can spoil ur auto gearbox if u swtich to Neutral and let it roll? I did... hahaha... above 70-80kph the whole center console, where the gearbox is vibrate like crazy... hahha...

shocked.gif... u are not suppose to cruise or drive in neutral for auto gear... u wanna change whole gearbox izzitdizzy.gifsweatdrop.gif....

I seldom shift my gear to neutral (unless it's a long wait at traffic junction).. if yes, I'll also engage handbrake...

in fact most of the time, u can stop at trafffic lights in D mode while stepping on the brake. Because too much shifting of the gear stick between D & N is also no good...