Hyundai Sante Fe

Owen_fan

Oh yeah the current list price is 140999 for CRDi (omv 32k) and the 2.4 petrol is another 5k more (omv 29k)..... Mind boggling pricing strategy given that the rest of the world, diesel variant usually cost more and the selling price is inversely related to omv.... So to say, komoco profit signifcantly less from the diesel than the petrol.

The equipment level is exactly the same for both petrol and diesel.

For those who appreciate diesel and already have mind set on diesel... This is a very good opportunity to make the leap.

Let the price soften a little more and I will sign....

↡ Advertisement

Fittings wise, a few observations:

- leather is locally fitted and only avail in beige or black (don't have the napa brown from factory.. Sigh)

- front seats are ventilated... Not too sure if can control cold or heated air

- HU is a locally fitted unit but integrated with bluetooth, gps and reverse camera. GPS map free 1 update. Beyond that Komoco charges 100/update.

- boot area right side wall only a ciggy socket. Don't have the 220v electrical outlet seen in Korean market versions.

- komoco threw in 3rd party front view recording driving camera. Not integrated. Just hard wired.

- comes with sidestep installed. To me i prefer not to have that, already smeared my pants leg when got out of the passenger seat in the wet weather.

- the panaromic moon roof is impressively huge... No complaints there.

- off all the slew of tech that is announced for the international Santa fe... Only the auto park and blindspot detect is significantly present. The rest such as radar distance detect autocruise and autobrake did not make it to SG.

Edited by Vratenza

- comes with sidestep installed. To me i prefer not to have that, already smeared my pants leg when got out of the passenger seat in the wet weather.

You will appreciate the side steps IF they are protruding out by a little.

Saves a fair bit of dings and dents.

Further to your visit, did the sales throw in any freebies?

Edited by Ocean6576

You will appreciate the side steps IF they are protruding out by a little.

Saves a fair bit of dings and dents.

Further to your visit, did the sales throw in any freebies?

Maybe I just not used to using the sidesteps..I was still trying to step out of the car like my sedans (pass the side steps). Should I be stepping on the side steps first before putting my foot on the ground?

I am not ready to sign yet so did not negotiate with the SE. I find that a ready Cheque book or credit card for deposit is a very powerful negotiating tool...;)

Maybe I just not used to using the sidesteps..I was still trying to step out of the car like my sedans (pass the side steps). Should I be stepping on the side steps first before putting my foot on the ground?

I am not ready to sign yet so did not negotiate with the SE. I find that a ready Cheque book or credit card for deposit is a very powerful negotiating tool...;)

I will be going to see the Santa Fe after CNY. 

Personally, I love the side steps IF it protrudes out only. Alighting and getting in takes a little use to.

Especially for old folks, kids or smaller builds. I get out by passing the side steps. No easy, I admit.

I understand the "smearing" getting wet part but the "dingless" worth the efforts.

I will be going to see the Santa Fe after CNY.

Personally, I love the side steps IF it protrudes out only. Alighting and getting in takes a little use to.

Especially for old folks, kids or smaller builds. I get out by passing the side steps. No easy, I admit.

I understand the "smearing" getting wet part but the "dingless" worth the efforts.

Feedback for us here what you think about the Santa Fe after your showroom visit. We can all learn from all feedback as we may not have noticed certain features or deletion during our short time with the showroom/test drive.

Oh about the sidesteps, the one installed on the showroom unit have a slight "give" when I put my foot n it and gave it half my body weight load. Did not really used it to get up the car cabin. So wonder if this is usual for sidestep? Not very confidence inspiring though...

The SE say it can be omitted if we really dun like the side step.

One positive point is that since it is installed from AD on delivery, it will be LTA compliant.

Today tried to do a back to back test drive of the Santa Fe 2.4 petrol vs 2.2 crdi and hoping to have a one after another feel of the car vs sorento... End up Komoco is closed for CNY... Will only be open at 2pm Friday

Today tried to do a back to back test drive of the Santa Fe 2.4 petrol vs 2.2 crdi and hoping to have a one after another feel of the car vs sorento... End up Komoco is closed for CNY... Will only be open at 2pm Friday

Komoco closed for so many days for the cny?!

I did a similar test the the Sorento (same engines)... the Diesel is way more fun. 

I did a similar test the the Sorento (same engines)... the Diesel is way more fun.

That is what I suspected but I got to try myself to make an educated decision.

Experienced both at idle. Want to feel hear the diesel clatter on the road to see if I can live with it on a daily basis.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/404188/hyundai-santa-fe-highlander-v-kia-sorento-platinum-comparison-review/?plista

TCR-SantaFe-Sorento-182.jpg

TCR-SantaFe-Sorento-163.jpg

TCR-SantaFe-Sorento-59.jpg

TCR-SantaFe-Sorento-22.jpg

sharing a link to the version and specs that mirrors most closely Komoco's version. In direct comparison with the latest Sorento.

Just ignore the equipment that is not available in SG and you will have an idea of what to expect from Santa Fe vs Sorento.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

http://www.caradvice.com.au/404188/hyundai-santa-fe-highlander-v-kia-sorento-platinum-comparison-review/?plista

sharing a link to the version and specs that mirrors most closely Komoco's version. In direct comparison with the latest Sorento.

Just ignore the equipment that is not available in SG and you will have an idea of what to expect from Santa Fe vs Sorento.

A pretty good read but prefer with more in depth details.

I do understand many points are pretty subjective.

A pretty good read but prefer with more in depth details.

I do understand many points are pretty subjective.

Yeah the article already mentioned throughout that both are real close spec for spec, each has their own little edge here and there akin to a pair of closely matched F1 race cars speeding towards the podium.

End of the day, it is a matter of personal preference which of the factor matters more to himself...

Eg. Absolute interior space - Sorento (but might not be by very significant proportion)

Eg. Driving dynamics, more agile, smaller turning radius - Santa Fe (not surprised since shorter wheelbase and overall length and kerb weight)

Eg. Rear row Aircon vents - Sorento (very upmarket rotary knob vs Santa Fe's archaic slider control)

So once you have picked a winner with the most ticks on your list, look at the pricing to decide if all the wins can be justified by the difference in price. After all, we are all paying for our choice with our hard earned money, there may be subjective preferences and priorities but definitely no absolute right or wrong choices.

Edited by Vratenza

2017 sante just announced in us!

The 2017 Santa Fe Sport (shorter wheelbase 5 seater) has the bodykit and headlamp as SG latest Santa Fe already released end 2015. USA car model nomenclature then to be one year ahead of the actual availability.

Komoco just bring in the "Santa Fe Sport" and squeeze in 7 seats... Think that is the same as the Aussie spec.

Edited by Vratenza

Just saw the detailed local equipment list:

Locally fitted stuff=> front camera, GPS system, leather seats

Both petrol and diesel are Euro 6 compliant

This post is to answer the posters who said that the USA 2017 Santa Fe is the facelift that has yet to reach Singapore.

I am saying that based on what I researched, 2016 Komoco Santa Fe is already the facelifted one.

List of 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport changes

Source: http://www.hyundai-blog.com/santa-fe-2017/

Exterior styling

• Revised front fascia with newly styled headlights and front signature grille - The front fascia changes are exactly the same as 2017 USA Santa Fe Sport
  • Updated rear fascia layout with new taillamps and new chrome exhaust design - The rear fascia changes are exactly the same as 2017 USA Santa Fe Sport
  • New alloy wheels with sizes of 17-,18-, and 19-inches
  • New rocker panel trim design with integrated silver accents
  • New LED daytime running lights - same
  • New LED fog lights (available on the three-row Santa Fe only) - same

Inside the cabin

• Redesigned center stack - based on pictures, looks the same
  • Standard five-inch LCD display audio system
  • Standard  7 inch touchscreen display with Android Auto (Santa Fe 3-row)
  • New eight-inch touchscreen navigation system with Android Auto
  • Available Infinity premium audio
  • Next-generation Hyundai Blue Link (standard on Santa Fe)
  • New, available third-row USB outlet (Santa Fe model only)
  • New, available power, height-adjustable passenger seat - already have ie. not new
  • Second-row cupholders (Santa Fe Limited model)
  • Matte-finish interior woodgrain (Santa Fe three-row model with Leather) - Komoco version has faux  dry carbon fibre trim which I read is similar to the 2017 USA Santa Fe Sport

Safety

• Standard Rearview Camera
  • Multi-View Camera System
  • Smart Cruise Control with Stop/Start function
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • Electronic parking brake system with auto-hold - already have ie. not new
  • Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
  • Dynamic Bending Lights and High Beam Assist - already have ie. not new

Exterior colors

• New Nightfall Blue (Santa Fe Sport)
  • New Storm Blue (Santa Fe)

Powertrain

• New standard Drive Mode Select (Sport, Eco and Normal modes) - already have ie. not new

↡ Advertisement