Hyundai Sante Fe

Owen_fan

Yes Sir. Sorento do have BSD and can be activate on/off. i also commented to the SE why no beeping sound to alert driver cos under bright sunlight, cant see the wing mirror indicator.

From the cataloge:

1) Sorento have the self-leveling for rear suspension when loaded with heavy item but dont think sante fe have. SF have, it's main purpose is for towing situation where the hitch receiver needs to be leveled to attach the hitch.

2) Sorento have tailgate memory function, no mention on santa fe. SF have

3) Sorento leather seat are factory fitted due to vent function but santa fe are local fitted. Yes you are right

But

1) Santa fe cataloge mentioned Adaptive front lighting system. Have? Sorento have? SF's HID supposedly adaptive. Not sure about Sorento. But both have cornering fog lamp.

2) Cooling Glove box but sorento nil

3) Checked with SE that Santa fe have tire pressure monitoring but i never see anything on the dashboard. This one Have, I think the SE showed me on the gauge cluster

4) Santa fe have 1 more airbag (7 vs 6) the driver knee airbag

Above are my observations

Not too sure about your test drive unit but according to the C&C spec sheet dated Aug 2015, there is no mention of the BSD. I vaguely remembered there was non in my Leng Kee Test drive unit.

Care to share why better?

look more sophisticated?

sorento spartan look with the small screen is really cmi, although i love the macho exterior.

look more sophisticated?

sorento spartan look with the small screen is really cmi, although i love the macho exterior.

SF interior indeed looks more sophisicated, especially with the lines on the dash board.

But the lack of colour kinda makes it look dull, or prehaps plasticy.

Sorento is spartan but the uniform dash board look clean and sleek.

The screen is indeed a let down, dont understand why such a small screen on such a big car.

Yeah, Sorento look more macho, more Hugh Jackman.  :secret-laugh:

correct me if I m wrong...I remembered reading somewhere over the web that santa fe is going to introduce a new model comes year 2017???

should be 2018.

The latest pictures floating around on internet is the latest facelift.

USA car industry the naming convention is one year ahead. Eg. the latest (2016) facelift worldwide the USA is calling them 2017 Santa Fe.

Good news for you!

SF diesel has engine start stop. I just test drove the SF diesel for 2nd time yesterday.

[grin]

That means the SE who served me don't know la. She so blur 1 so many things also need to check out. I see many people don't like the engine auto start stop function and say it will lower the lifespan of your engine coz keep on and off. But I think really more efficient as your vehicle uses less fuel and help save the environment too rite.

So far there's many info about these 2 vehicles but there are many distinct features each one have. Anyone did a spread sheet on both?

That means the SE who served me don't know la. She so blur 1 so many things also need to check out. I see many people don't like the engine auto start stop function and say it will lower the lifespan of your engine coz keep on and off. But I think really more efficient as your vehicle uses less fuel and help save the environment too rite.

So far there's many info about these 2 vehicles but there are many distinct features each one have. Anyone did a spread sheet on both?

The SF diesel start stop is not too bad. The restarting NVH is pretty well insulated compared to some other make and models' start stop system. Just have to get use to it I guess.

I did thought about doing the spreadsheet but to me the differences are pretty much up in my head already and with the large pricing gap currently, I have no problem deciding which one to go for. Unless the price gap is narrowed significantly with C&C deciding to wake up their idea.

Anyway as of last month feb 2016. Komoco did not manage to sell any diesel SF since launch in Dec 15. I was tracking the one motoring car cost release document. They don't have any SF diesel sold. That is also why the SE cannot give me an OMV for the SF diesel.

The SF diesel start stop is not too bad. The restarting NVH is pretty well insulated compared to some other make and models' start stop system. Just have to get use to it I guess.

I did thought about doing the spreadsheet but to me the differences are pretty much up in my head already and with the large pricing gap currently, I have no problem deciding which one to go for. Unless the price gap is narrowed significantly with C&C deciding to wake up their idea.

Anyway as of last month feb 2016. Komoco did not manage to sell any diesel SF since launch in Dec 15. I was tracking the one motoring car cost release document. They don't have any SF diesel sold. That is also why the SE cannot give me an OMV for the SF diesel.

Meaning you will chose sorento if the price gaps is narrower?

Just check with showroom, Sorento petrol on indent basis.

Only indent comes with choices of color for leather seat.

Sorento has no Lane Depart and Blind Sport Detect. Only diesel diesel has start/stop function.

No AWD for petrol, diesel have AWD but on indent basis and require 5k more and min 3 months waiting time.

Then the female SE smoked me again. She told me OMV is about 32k and will get back about 16k when scrapped. 

Yeah. Seems you pretty confirm on getting SF liao eh. Let's get together lol. And not to forget the extra spare tyre is a must have. With original rims somemore I heard.

according to this, hyundai has sold 2 diesel suv this year. i am assuming it is the santa fe.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

I saw that as well. I was guessing that was tucson since the pdf with the individual model cost break down so far only featured the petrol version of SF for jan and feb 2016.

Then the female SE smoked me again. She told me OMV is about 32k and will get back about 16k when scrapped. 

Yeah. Seems you pretty confirm on getting SF liao eh. Let's get together lol. And not to forget the extra spare tyre is a must have. With original rims somemore I heard.

Don't think she smoked you lar... that was probably the estimated OMV lor... they can only determine the OMV when the car is actually imported in, and the price and exchange rates locked in for that car for that day when it is assessed. So your OMV may still vary even if the feature list is standard and the same from car to car.

How did Honda sell 2000+ cars? I don't see many on the road leh... unless they also count PI Vezel?

Meaning you will chose sorento if the price gaps is narrower?

Meaning the price has to be darn close for me to put them on same level of consideration.

Factors to consider even if price gap narrows:sorento= 3 month indent. 5k extra for 4wd. Forced to take in house insurance and loan or else penalty. The interest rate for in house loan is 2.8% or somewhere there.

↡ Advertisement