• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:40 PM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, recently have noticed some niggling problem ( minor clutch slipping, slower pickup, biting point of clutch has gradually shifted higher up )with the clutch and thought that it is high time to do something abt it... Just have some questions to ponder

Will most likely need to replace something to do with the clutch but wat parts of the clutch to get? Intend to get the parts from Ric-tat (Toyota stockist ) but not too sure wat to tell them in case they were to ask me Quite embarassing to end up tongue tied

Any pointers from the Lao Jiaos?
Rgds

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:06 PM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just tell them you need to replace clutch, they should give you a new clutch pressure plate or cover, clutch disc and bearings.....if not check with your workshop on what to get..

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:24 AM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

icic... Thks...

From your experience,, roughly should cost how much?
Rgds

Posted 12 November 2003 - 11:06 AM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

around $150 to $220. Just a rough estimation..
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 12 November 2003 - 01:53 PM

Saaber
  • Premium member
    Saaber
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

installation with parts should only cost abt S$200+...below S$300 lah...

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:21 AM

Cloverleaf
  • Cloverleaf
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i suggest you bring to a workshop to check it before you buy your parts. there are a lot of parts related to the clutch system, master pump, slave pump, clutch plate, cover etc etc ....

actually i thought when clutch start to wear off, the biting point gets lower and lower.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:30 AM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ok thks...
Rgds

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:31 AM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ok... hopefully b'cos my car small so parts also cheaper
Rgds

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:36 AM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

yap... think that sounds more logical... actually due for servicing soon so might get mech to confirm first. Thks

Not too sure also... for my case, my car's biting point nearer the top liao ( ie. have to release the clutch pedal higher up then can feel the gear engaged )
Rgds

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:39 AM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No problem.
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

Goodspeed
  • Goodspeed
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hey i got the same problem as U!! can u tell me what ur mechanic say>>> thanks... sweatdrop.gif

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

Yansen
  • Yansen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hey bro looks like we're in the same boat. haha i also went thru all the past postings like u man. maybe we can go to a same workshop n change together, can try bargaining for lower price eh.. smile.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
_________
When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

Superseven
  • Premium member
    Superseven
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi! Luckily for me, my mechanic recommended me to replace my clutch oil first and then monitor the situation. It turned out fine since then.

Maybe u can try it too ( hopefully not too late liao )
Rgds

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:55 AM

F1fan
  • F1fan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Normally, if you experience clutch slippage, how long more can the clutch last, if with normal driving? Car left less than a year, so dunno whether should change clutch or not.......

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

Maded
  • Maded
    5th Gear
    Author Image

haha just dun become like me stuck in the middle of Bugis with a non-working car - clutch pump rosak shakehead.gif sweatdrop.gif
-----------------
Feed me, Seymour!

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:14 PM

Megalord
  • Megalord
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you would like to adjust the free play instead and try?

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there are clutch pump repair kit available, just a few rubber seal
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

Maded
  • Maded
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah... had it towed and repaired... sweatdrop.gif
-----------------
Feed me, Seymour!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:14 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah that's true, cause there's no way you can clutch in/out
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:23 PM

Presea
  • Premium member
    Presea
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

For our car, my mech charges $250 including labour.
If you're interested in a recon-Jap import Gearbox, that's $250 as well (some other places quoted $400+).

cheers
2016-present Volkswagen Sharan
2008-2016 Volkswagen Passat
2007-2008 Honda Civic 2.0M
2001-2007 Nissan Presea 1.6M

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Need, replace, clutch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users