Servicing / Maintenance Of Honda Jazz

Jazzer

Neutral Newbie

Hi all bro/sis,

does anyone here knows of any work shop / mechanics that have hands on experience with honda jazz/fit. My buddy and i are pretty concern of our cars landing in some work shop that understand nothing about our cars.

FYI : there are some mechanics who replenishes CVT fluid with normal automactic gearbox oil and give you confused looks when you he says "What??!? your car has 8 spark plugs?"

↡ Advertisement

hellooo, i go KM since Jazzie is under warranty so not sure about it.

Maybe u can check with HondaCruz, he's quite hands on with his Fit and he plans to DIY the servicing eventually. Can get him to do your tail lights too! [nod]

Neutral Newbie

if your car is a jazz, better go back to KM for warranty issue. dun play play!

If you car is a fit, as what jazziegirl mentioned, you can ask hondacruz .. he is the DIY Fit man! He changed his own ATF recently. wink.gifwink.gif

Fit/Jazz ATF cannot use the ordinary type coz the gear is CVT.

Hi JAZZER,

If yours is a JAZZ, no question-better go back to KM till warranty runs out. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

If yours is a fit, then your PI should be able to direct you to a reliable service facility. Personally, not sure since the PI's [pirate] I spoke to earlier when considering the 1.5Fit (before deciding on JAZZ) did not want to reveal their workshops until you sign up [sly] . However, heard the name 'Starauto' or 'Autostar' mentioned.

I understand that SHC's TORTOISE(Jason-the recent photoshoot organiser) has an uncle who has a workshop at AMK; don't know if well verse in JAZZes/FITs or not; maybe he can help?

Or JACKO [scholar] since his is a 1.5FIT! CHEERS!

Neutral Newbie

thank you all. Mine's a jazz.....and still have have 2yrs ++ of warranty to go...it is just that you need a mechanic to help u fix up things like SAFC...etc.

I'm not too sure about sending my car into a workshop without seeing what was done my car....

previously...i was driving a 2L mitsu which i purchase from C&C. From the very 1st servicing...i had always bought my own engine oil (1 big bottle each time), and requesting the mechanic to use mine. After my 5th servicing, i was told by another mechanic..... " Hey, your 1 bottle of engine oil is not enough you know....". it makes me wonder...was my engine oil ever changed b4....

Neutral Newbie

Izzit true that the CVT's belts/chains need to be replaced at a fixed interval, just like the timing belt? Expensive kah?? [sweatdrop]

OIC. Mistaken 'servicing' from the thread name leh; sorry [blush] . Yeah, some of these mechanics out there [whip][rifle] ...My previous ride kena water in the spark plugs! The guy changed my plugs right next to his colleague washing another car with hose/nozzle!

You can go to Tortoise's uncle workshop for servicing of your fit/jazz, as someone mentioned here...he's very well-versed in fit/jazz as he installed a lot of items in tortoise's 1.5 fit..he oso installed my spoon strut bar and lower arm bar for my jazz for $50...good worksmanship....he can even do the fourth brake lights for only $40...a lot of fit/jazz go there for servicing and installation of accessories... [thumbsup]

The workshop is

Fong Huat

AMK Autopoint #04-05

Ah Bok/Molly

Btw, the transmission fluid for fit/jazz must use Honda ATF-Z1...go to Tanly at Waterloo Street to get....$8/bottle, need 4 bottles....KM selling $18/bottle!!! [dizzy]

Cheers! [;)]

Edited by Fcw75

Btw, the transmission fluid for fit/jazz must use Honda ATF-Z1...go to Tanly at Waterloo Street to get....$8/bottle, need 4 bottles....KM selling $18/bottle!!!

Piang... so much different..shakehead.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

and this is the one and only CVT fluid jazz/fit can use...but then again...its not to difficult to get hold one them

Edited by Jazzer

He changed his own ATF recently. wink.gifwink.gif

Fit/Jazz ATF cannot use the ordinary type coz the gear is CVT.

I'm sure you know where to get it hor! sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Btw, the transmission fluid for fit/jazz must use Honda ATF-Z1...go to Tanly at Waterloo Street to get....$8/bottle, need 4 bottles....KM selling $18/bottle!!! dizzy.gif

er....you can get it for $7 nett per bottle (no 4% GST) sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

You can go to Tortoise's uncle workshop for servicing of your fit/jazz, as someone mentioned here...he's very well-versed in fit/jazz as he installed a lot of items in tortoise's 1.5 fit..he oso installed my spoon strut bar and lower arm bar for my jazz for $50...good worksmanship....he can even do the fourth brake lights for only $40...a lot of fit/jazz go there for servicing and installation of accessories... thumbsup.gif

The workshop is

Fong Huat

AMK Autopoint #04-05

Ah Bok/Molly

Btw, the transmission fluid for fit/jazz must use Honda ATF-Z1...go to Tanly at Waterloo Street to get....$8/bottle, need 4 bottles....KM selling $18/bottle!!! dizzy.gif

Cheers! wink.gif

wah... this one must go take a look leow... where tortoise ? sly.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement