New WRC Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2004

Lightspeed

Mitsubishi Motors motor sports subsidiary, MMSP, unveils the car that will spearhead its 2004 FIA World Rally Championship campaign, the Mitsubishi Lancer WRC04. A completely fresh design, the new car forms an integral part of a meticulously conceived long-term plan to build on MMSP

post-2-1070216703_thumb.jpg

post-2-1070216704_thumb.jpg

post-2-1070216705_thumb.jpg

post-2-1070216706_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Nice to see these guys are back on the rally scene again... [thumbsup][thumbsup] [thumbsup]I like the roof air scoop for the passengers...must get one! [:p][:p]

Edited by GDIzen

Horrendous looking boot spoiler! Reminds me of the luggage trolley cart handles used at Changi Airport man!

And just look at those wheel arches...quite a turn-off...

Edited by Armored_Saint

Neutral Newbie

More info from wrc.com:

'...the car that will start the 2004 championship in Monte Carlo will be the only factory WRC machine which does not feature an active centre differential. It will instead use an epicyclic differential, making it possibly the most conservative WRC car since the category's inception in 1997.

'Other changes include a switch from Xtrac transmission to an FFD Ricardo system and Brembo rather than AP brakes.

'The man responsible for the design of the WRC04, Mario Fornaris, has admitted the car will undergo development as the season progresses.

"My philosophy is to do simple things and to have a good understanding of them before going on. The other reason is time," he said. Regarding the decision not to use an active diff, he explained that it was "not a priority," although a semi-automatic gearchange may be used at some point.'

post-2-1070350453_thumb.gif

Huh? I thot Mitsu bow out of WRC becos the Lancer is no longer competitive. They are supposed to develop their next WRC car based on the Colt.

Looks like they went back to basics ont his one...

Neutral Newbie

Hey hey, long time no see... How ya been...

This car looks damn fierce, and nice. but spoiler and wheel arc abit weird le... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement