PROTON owners please come in

Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie

Bro , what year ur gen 2 ? I also got one and headache for small problems about the car ah lol

↡ Advertisement

Keen to have a meet up with Sg Proton owners.Btw I'm driving an White Exora 1.6A with centre armrest/Mugen door visor and an 2008 black Proton Saga BLM 1.3A with 15 inch rims.Resides in Eunos. [wave]

Wifey going to JB to pump petrol for her Saga BLM and myself also wanna pump my bike petrol cause left 2 out of 6 bar.Saga left 3 out of 6 bar once reach JB custom and we went for night supper at jln yahya awal before pump and buy cig at Caltex Larkin.Saga using Ron 97 RM55 and me RM22 using Ron 95.On d way back jam started after JB custom and see 1 Mitsu EX 1.5 with pink rims driven by Malay lady broke down at left lane and there was long queue of lorries too.Wifey stuck about 25mins and I wait for her just after SG custom.Thinking of topping up my Exora tommorow night.

Neutral Newbie

Hi help. Can someone recommend me a genuine proton service centre in johor area. My current one simply suck my money and my car got one problem over another after servicing. Over heating. Noise when turned on in the morning. So fedup. Help.

Hi help. Can someone recommend me a genuine proton service centre in johor area. My current one simply suck my money and my car got one problem over another after servicing. Over heating. Noise when turned on in the morning. So fedup. Help.

where did you do your servicing?

you may want to try at Larkin area, Jalan Langkasuka..heres the link for other service centres at Johor

http://www.proton-edar.com.my/After-Sales/...rvicecentre#map

What bro say is right can try the Larkin one.Weekends do come early as 8am.Just replace my Exora abs sensor for RM206 including workmanship.ABS light all non appointed workshop cant do they always point to agent..

Overheating got many factors bro,Is yours second hand?Try send service Ctr to drain all the coolant and have your radiator clean.Check if any hose is either crack or worn.Secondly do major servicing if u buy second hand

I'm getting my Exora bold white next saturday [wave]

Hmm........ Wow!! Campro CFE Engine!!!

Can we exchange engine?

Hey guys, can someone recommend where i can get and install a player for my gen 2? Because of the gen 2 original player design, not sure if shops know how to do it.

Either in Singapore or JB would be fine, but preferably affordable. Thanks all

get it changed in JB. Ask around for the faceplate shld be SGD40 bucks, player of ur choice depends...

Thanks bro, any particular workshop to recommend?

Beware of some Jb shops who say your disc brake need to be skimmed.My 1st car the 2008 Saga Blm 1.3 kena conned cause the problem every time when engine cold then after warm up go got squeaking sound even though I just change new pads.In the end they skimmed yes the problem gone off for a few days only to find it more worse.In the end have to change new disc brakes.My 2nd car the Exora got loud squeaking sound ever since my bro change front brake pads but will go off after few minutes of drive.Best braking stuff change at service Ctr.Suspension also kena conned by saying all my suspension gone case where I just change the rear one just last year.My bro is a newbie so understandable he kena ripped off cause I'm working so coincidencely he need to go Jb and I ask him to do basic servicing.Exora is coming 3 years coming May and fanbelt need to change cause got squeaking sound during start when engine is cold.

Beware of some Jb shops who say your disc brake need to be skimmed.My 1st car the 2008 Saga Blm 1.3 kena conned cause the problem every time when engine cold then after warm up go got squeaking sound even though I just change new pads.In the end they skimmed yes the problem gone off for a few days only to find it more worse.In the end have to change new disc brakes.My 2nd car the Exora got loud squeaking sound ever since my bro change front brake pads but will go off after few minutes of drive.Best braking stuff change at service Ctr.Suspension also kena conned by saying all my suspension gone case where I just change the rear one just last year.My bro is a newbie so understandable he kena ripped off cause I'm working so coincidencely he need to go Jb and I ask him to do basic servicing.Exora is coming 3 years coming May and fanbelt need to change cause got squeaking sound during start when engine is cold.

So bro, it is safer to service at EON or Edar Service Centre rather than those authorised Service Centre?

i had a similar problem.. i change to a brand new brake pads and after 100km there was this squeaking and screeching sound when i brake... so the following week i went to get it checked and they skimmed of my rotors cos there were lines my dad ask me throw the pads since i skimmed but workshop say very new and almost no lines no need... so i kept, then when i drive another 100km the sound came back so this time i cannot tahan changed to a new brake pads when the sound came back and problem solved... very strange, i use stock pads somemore maybe manufacturering faults or something and lucky i change the pads in not my rotors will kenah scratch again...

be careful, sg n jb have fair share of crook mechanics and even agent also have a good number of unknowledgable mechanics

i had a similar problem.. i change to a brand new brake pads and after 100km there was this squeaking and screeching sound when i brake... so the following week i went to get it checked and they skimmed of my rotors cos there were lines my dad ask me throw the pads since i skimmed but workshop say very new and almost no lines no need... so i kept, then when i drive another 100km the sound came back so this time i cannot tahan changed to a new brake pads when the sound came back and problem solved... very strange, i use stock pads somemore maybe manufacturering faults or something and lucky i change the pads in not my rotors will kenah scratch again...

be careful, sg n jb have fair share of crook mechanics and even agent also have a good number of unknowledgable mechanics

My mechanic is puzzled at the way the brake pads were "cut". Normally brake pads would wear off at the sides, but my Exora's brake pads were "cut" in the middle as well. He changed the brake pad for me and the sound is gone. He initially suspected that the discs may be the one causing the brake pads to be "cut" in an unusual way.

Putra leh?

haha like dat all our brothers and sisters will come from causeway!

Ours is limited models only:Across causeway there's Gen2 basic,Gen2 IAFM/CPS and 2010 Gen2 with minor interior facelift.Satria Neo also got 1.3,Cps,R3.Saga blm got b-line beside m-line and 1.6.Latest is Saga FL/FLX 1.3/1.6 with major facelift but still retain the IAFM Campro.For Exora they got b,m and high line cps and bold.Persona they got basic/IAFM and Persona elegance.Model that dun come singapore is Tiara,Putra,Waja 1.8,Waja Campro/CPS,Wira 1.8,Perdana 4 cylinders and Inspira 1.8/2.0.There used to have limited numbers of Satria Gti 1.8,Wira 1.6 dohc and Perdana V6 in Singapore but I think all scrap Liao.Its a pity my uncle already scrap his 1995 Wira 1.6 Dohc

↡ Advertisement