Anyone Test-Driven a new Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6

Kardachia

Neutral Newbie

Yes I test drove it last weekend.

A short one as too crowded there.

It is as good as the previous one.

Some might said the Auto tranmission is different and not smooth from the previous one.

More spacious than the previous one I think but in term of LxWxH, Altis is much more than the previous one and also power better than the pervious.

Neutral Newbie

I read the spec. in BM and realise that the dimension is different.

Altis is longer, wider and higher compare to the Corolla.

from what i know the wheelbase is the same 2600mm, so the interior should be the same. maybe like what mondeost220 has pointed out, it's just the exterior is longer [rolleyes]

hmmm...from the above replies, I concluded that Toyota made the Corolla Altis longer, wider and taller so that the more powerful engine will be able to move it along at the same cabin space and comfort to its rider? hehe....would you go for it?

Has anyone test driven the Corolla Altis and new Nissan Sunny? Would like to hear the comparison among the two makes, though ALtis is made in Thai. [:)]

test driven the altis but not the sunny.

the altis is a shade poorer (in terms of handling) than the corolla that it substituted. my other friend finds altis ok. he has also test driven the sunny. according to him, sunny not enough power when climbing slope. other forumers pls take it with a pinch of salt as i just quoting my friend.

Neutral Newbie

I have test drove the Altis but not the Sunny.

Agree with Acemundo! [thumbsup]

If choose between Sunny and Altis, will go for the Thailand made! [nod]

hmmm...from the above replies, I concluded that Toyota made the Corolla Altis longer, wider and taller so that the more powerful engine will be able to move it along at the same cabin space and comfort to its rider? hehe....would you go for it?

not as comfortable as the previous corolla leh, in my opinion.

wow, so seems like Toyota's "Made by Toyota" slogan that they are aggressively marketing to help ppl get over the fact that their Corollas are now made in Thailand has some kind of truth in it.

The last I heard, 90% of the part of the Altis are from Japan but the engine is assembled in China?

↡ Advertisement