Anyone Test-Driven a new Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6

Kardachia

Neutral Newbie

Assembled in Thailand. [nod]

If choices only Sunny and Altis, go for Altis. Sunny 'recalled' have created some effect to the crowd.

If not, go for Mazda323 also good choice.

Hi there,

Not quite sure I'm correct, Altis seems to be marketed as Daihatsu Altis in Japan, Daihatsu is a subsi of Toyota. I saw ths Altis in Daihatsu Japanese web site. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.

alamak, not only are the parts of the new Corolla cross counttries, now marketing also cross company branding..What's the web site , can post the address?

Edited by Kardachia

Any reason why Mazda (made in Japan ? I may be wrong) so much cheaper than a Thai made ALtis...or is it toyota just jacking up price...

Edited by Kardachia

Neutral Newbie

'Toyota' - the word already sell..........that's why they priced higher than Mazda.

Toyota is a lasting car.

Mazda is made in Japan or not does not matter now as

a lot of car manufacturers are shifting their factory to

countries like China, Thailand, India and other developing countries. To achieve low production cost.

Camry also ......Thailand in the near future.

Most important - You must like the car and within your budget. Made from Thailand or India does not matter.

You are buying your car not the countries. If you prefer car made from some other better countries, then you should go for Alfa 156, BMW, Merc and etc. They have high production cost and expect their sales price also high.

Japan made can go for Mazda, Nissan, Toyota (except Altis & Vios), Subaru, Daihatsu and etc.

One more thing - After buying the car, must feel proud and happy with your car. If after buying that car, you began to complain its country of origin, I will feel sad for your car. Owner should feel proud for their pet, always! [thumbsup]

323 going out of life soon....replaced by the incoming mazda 3

toyota badge fetches a premium....as to whether that premium is justifiable.....you will have to decide yourself.

most people will tell you justifiable and lots of people will tell you justifiable also......most important thing is the reasons that make it justifiable must appeal to you also.

say if exclusivity, stability and control appeals to you more, chances are toyota might not be your best choice.

say if resale value, parts availability and petrol consumption appeals to you more, chances are you will find a gem in toyota.

Hi there,

1. Here you go, http://www.daihatsu.co.jp/cata/altis/index.htm .

2. Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (Exchange: Tokyo)

1-1, Daihatsu-cho

Ikeda, Osaka 563-8651, Japan

Phone: +81-727-51-8811

Fax: +81-727-53-6880

http://www.daihatsu.co.jp

Daihatsu Motor specializes in small, inexpensive passenger cars (including electric models) that it sells worldwide under such names as Cuore, Move, Sirion, and Terios (a tiny sport utility vehicle). The company makes nearly 700,000 Daihatsu cars per year, as well as about 100,000 Toyotas, which it assembles on a consignment basis. It also supplies about 20,000 OEM cars per year for Toyota (including the Cami and Duet models) based on Daihatsu models. The company, which was formed in 1907, has four factories in Japan and exports to more than 140 countries. Toyota (#1 automaker in Japan) owns a controlling 51% stake in Daihatsu.

Regards.

Edited by Kelpie

thanks kelpie, too bad all in japoonese, me no understand...but quite surprising to see the Altis advertised big big in Daihatsu site

↡ Advertisement