Peugeot Forum

Phalanx

<i am quite outspoken about service... so I want to rise it up with them before I even send car in.>>

Being outspoken will cause the owners of this forum to receive letters frm Allen & Gledhill... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

When I say I am outspoken, I mean... i will speak my mind when it comes to after sale service. If they don't do a good job, I will just tell them on the spot. I am sure something will work out before I post anything here.

For example, i will warn them before I leave my car there for service; things like, please do not wash my car cos I prefer to wash myself, please do not scratch my car, and please do all the service supposed to be done...

Neutral Newbie

Hi Vincent,

Based on the servicing schedule that I have with me....

1K - FOC, since no materials involved

10K, 30K, 50K - $70 w/o oil change and $105 w/ oil change

20K - $150 if they provide you with free labour

40K, 60K - $260

So for my case it's $70x3 + $150 + $260x2. Of course, your package includes the battery and brake pads change which are good. Wiper replacement... how much does a set wiper cost??

Hi Vincent,

Based on the servicing schedule that I have with me....

1K - FOC, since no materials involved

10K, 30K, 50K - $70 w/o oil change and $105 w/ oil change

20K - $150 if they provide you with free labour

40K, 60K - $260

So for my case it's $70x3 + $150 + $260x2. Of course, your package includes the battery and brake pads change which are good. Wiper replacement... how much does a set wiper cost??

$70x3 + $150 + $260x2 = $880??!??! (not counting the battery and brake pads yet, wiper, forget about it then)

So tell me something is fishy here or the deal is just too good to be true.

Neutral Newbie

Well definitely a set meal will be cheaper than a-la-carte. But if you compare with other workshops then it's a different story altogether. If you're concerned abt warranty and you wanna go back to AF, then it's a good deal.

Okay, don't mean to prove anyone wrong. I just smell something fishy when ex-Peugeot drivers told me how expensive the servicing at AutoFrance is and yet I got a 60,000km service warranty at that price. I guess I just want to make sure nothing goes wrong for the full 60,000km as I will defintely hit it before the end of two years.

Thanks all bros,

Vincent Ang

Hi Vincent,

Biohazard would most likely NOT answer ur question on AF aftersales service here... [shakehead] In fact, i doubt any pugsforum member would.

AF will take legal actions.... [laugh] Right, Jo?

[laugh] Aiya, [lipsrsealed]

Hi Biohazard

When you say "...that we have"....does that mean you do installations? I am keen to find out more.

By the way, just want to test my thoughts. The front bumper and side of of 206 seems ok to me. I am wondering how does it look if I am to just change the rear bumper and install a roof spoiler. Any opinion from anyone?

Also does anyone knows where can I get the exhaust changed? And does exhaust enhance the performance of the car?....please excuse my ignorance [blush]

Some of the things on my car i install myself loh. I dun do installations. Btw, wat bumper r u eyeing? As for exhaust, there's remus, supersprint or regazzon [;)]

Neutral Newbie

actually, i have no idea what bumper to get. the rear bumper is higher than the side and front bumper, so i thought maybe i can get a rear bumper to align them. similarly for exhaust...zero idea..where is a good place to do window-and-knowledge shopping, other than autobac?

I should be getting my 206 tomorrow. Sales rep. called me yesterday and told me my plate will be SFZ55**U...

I been looking at some stock pictures of the 206 and agree with Battmann that the 206 original rear bumper is a bit high but nevertheless, it looks great. I will keep the front bumper as i like it's already sporty looks. The side, maybe see what is good and sporty enough later... as for the spoiler... is it only Autovox I can find a range?

Battmann, how long have you got your car? Want to trade ideas? Or rather, share some ideas with me.

Thanks, looking forward to hear from you

Vincent Ang

(my MSN is [email protected])

Neutral Newbie

hi vincent

congrats on the new car. must be really excited, huh? [;)]

i have my 206 for 3years now and i am happy with it. had my window tinted at cool-n-lite. happy with the workmanship. initially had it tinted in JB (cheap and workmanship quite good) but failed in my inspection [:/]

so now, 3yrs liao...i thought should give the car some new items. here are what i am considering:

(1) new speakers for the front. there are no speakers installed in the back door, so i am thinking of moving the current stock front speakers to the rear. mounting it on the board of the boot space (not sure what is the actual name for that board). seen some pics of 206 doing that quite cool. [;)]

(2) might get a bazooka active subwoofer, not sure of the model but the cylinder type...i am still idiot to ICE....but will consider after installing the new speakers

(3) thinking of soundproofing the car doors. the ext sounds are quite loud.

(4) roof spoiler - i think AF is charging about $450 to instal and spray paint. maybe you can ask them when you collect your car. anyway, i will shop for alternative before considering which workshop to use

(5) rear bumper - still shopping and still doing research

(6) and some other smaller items, such as changing floor mat (3M??? maybe), small antenna, pedals, etc.... [laugh]

wah liao....no money liao [smallcry]

Hi Battmann,

3 years is a very long time to be driving the same car in Singapore and you did it!!! I really need to learn from you, be contented with what I have. I believe even if we (and fiancee) had bought the 206cc, I would change in the near future, so I am just learning to be contented now.

How much did your Peugeot 206 cost when you got it then? Is it 1.4 or 1.6? Auto or Manual? What are the problems you encountered so far, besides the loud external noise? Any other minor or MAJOR problems to share with me? I want to be prepared for all these. Anyway, how about warranty, anything replaced from AutoFrance?

Did you bring your car to AutoFrance for servicing all these while or you do it outside? How much does servicing cost for you each time... wow... I sure have alot of questions...!!!

AutoFrance wanted to charge me for $500 for the spoiler, I knew it was expensive thus did not go with it. How funny that I almost bought the full sports body kit at $3,000! All that can wait now...

Ohh... since you want to do some changes to your car, how about spraying the bumpers and door strips to the body color? I believe that will make the car look more classy? What do you say?

Hear from you soon,

Vincent Ang

I have yet to be approved into the forum too... so i am just going with those people I know that know someone else that drives the Peugeot 206... how pathetic... Only if there are more local Peugeot forums.

Vincent Ang

Neutral Newbie

create a new one. ask the moderators if u can have a peugeot folder here or just share with the conti guys...it's much easier, no such thing as waiting for approval n u get good mates here.....thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hi Vincent

I was actually one of the thousands test driving 2 weekends ago, even took leave on friday...hahah... [laugh] but after some finanial analysis...sadly no money to get new car [smallcry] so in a way i am stuck with the current car that's why i thot must well add on some new items to the car [;)]

mine is a 1.4 auto, paid $75k for it. so far no major probs but had to change the brake-pad once and battery twice within the three years. not sure if it is the norm. the brake-pad and first battery change was free, 1st two years servcing was free, labour and parts. so far paid about $100 and $300 for the last two servicing. my impression is that the std charges are $70 and $200 for, about a two-sessions full year servicing, i.e. every 10K. the $200 includes oil change.

i was not very fortunate with the stock tyres too. i had three punctures in 2 years. after i changed to a new set, no problems.

and yes, sa far i have been bringing my car to AF for servicing due to the warranty but i am looking for alternatives now. (any kind soul who read this, can help?)

there were suggestions for me to shop for the bodykit in JB and i might, but waiting for my JB "agents" to report back...hahah... [laugh]

i have a friend who sprayed his 206 entirely of the body colour, which i thot was not that bad.

Just be patient my fren. There has been some technical fault in the forums lately. And btw, Peugeot's not as common as Vios or other makes so we r just a small group. Join us for the weekly meet-up tmr [;)]